GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 01 Apr 2020, 22:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Yale SOM or Booth

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Booth   Yale   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V47
GPA: 3.83
Yale SOM or Booth  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2016, 09:22
I got accepted into both schools, and I am hoping to go into international power infrastructure investing, and I want to have a good time traveling and partying with my classmates during 2 years of MBA. Which one should I choose?
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Yale SOM or Booth  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2016, 09:30
caroulemapoule wrote:
I got accepted into both schools, and I am hoping to go into international power infrastructure investing, and I want to have a good time traveling and partying with my classmates during 2 years of MBA. Which one should I choose?

Those are pretty specific requirements - I have to compliment you on that!
I think you will find partying and traveling part at both schools/programs. However, I know nothing about the power infrastructure investing, esp on the international side.
S
Schools: Yale '18 (M)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2016, 10:18
You should attend the admit weekends for both schools to get a better feel.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2016, 15:34
You're kidding with this comparison right? Go to Booth and don't look back

Yale didn't even offer any money and the gap between the two schools is so vast
Board of Directors
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2016, 16:41
Like bb, I am impressed with your very specific thoughts on what you want to get out of bschool. Kudos to you for that.

You will certainly get partying and worldwide traveling at both schools, though the atmospheres are quite different. I would encourage you to attend the admitted student weekends, speak with current students about their experiences, and check the placement stats for companies that you would be interested in for recruiting.

I cannot speak about power infrastructure investing, but happy to connect you with SOM students in finance and/or energy. And not sure what the Booth presence on GC is these days, but if you need Booth connections happy to make the introduction as well so you can make an informed decision.

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Note: I do not complete individual profile reviews. Please use the Admissions Consultant or Peer Review forums to get feedback on your profile.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings
Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: Yale School of Management
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Schools: Yale '16 (M)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2016, 04:31
Hey caroulemapoule,

Congratulations on being accepted to two amazing b-schools! I know that this year was a super competitive year for many schools, so I hope that has you feeling proud!

I wanted to piggy-back off of a lot what folks above me have posted: definitely attend welcome weekend! Have you had the opportunity to visit campus at both schools? My experience has been that they're fairly different - though each could work for different people.

The other thought I have, because you're going into a very specific industry sector, is to look at opportunities to study at other parts in the universities. I'm not sure if Booth/Chicago allows this, but at SOM, you can take as many classes as you'd like at the Forestry School which has a significant number of energy electives.

If you'd like to chat about student life at SOM with a current student, I'd be happy to jump on a call. PM me and we can set something up!
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 16:12
I would go with Booth, it is the more reputed program and in a major market which should better facilitate the partying and traveling. You are interested in a niche industry so the better program should more adeptly allow you to reach your goals. I would recommend looking at specific programs or placements at both schools to see if any school has an edge.

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 16:34
Booth is a fairly easy choice here given your goals

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Yale SOM or Booth   [#permalink] 12 Apr 2016, 16:34