|All Reviews > ss18's Reviews|
Joined: Jun 11, 2014
670 Q47 V35
I'm an engineer so math isn't a huge obstacle. The funny thing is that though I'm very comfortable with written and spoken English, my score seemed to suggest the opposite. On couple of occasions I would get even the hardest questions correct and other days, I would struggle with simple questions. After trying everything under the sun and nothing seemed to work. Finally, I read the reviews on gmatclub and I decided to sign up for the Verbal Live Prep course by e-gmat. IT HAS BEEN LIFE CHANGING!
Things I loved:
- I gave this review the title "method to the gmat madness" because that's the first thing that E-gmat does. Their approach in course designing is breaking this monster of sorts into bite sized pieces, which is excellent for the student.
- My favourite is the SC course since that was my biggest pain point and as per my mocks, I seem to have turned it around. Almost every OG question has been solved by the experts and given the students.
- There is absolutely no ambiguity. For a wrong answer choice, the experts give you solid reason. If you've read some of the explanations given in OG, you know that it frustrates you because it does not make sense many a times.
- There is a discussions tab under each question (questions by e-gmat). Many students who have come before you have asked questions that have been answered by the experts. Sometimes, you'll end up reading about an error that you didn't even notice and the expert will give his/her take on it. In my opinion, this has added huge value as well.
- Live sessions on the weekends simulate a classroom like experience. The best part is that if you are faltering somewhere in your approach, it gets caught there and then. I I attended the boldface live session and it was taken by Rajat. It was so great!! Not only did I learn heaps in the class, but also understood the importance of marking an answer choice with confidence.
I haven't taken the GMAT yet but I have taken GMATprep test 1 from Exam Pack 1 and scored a V38. I started at a V31.
- You have to trust the process the experts prescribe. If you do, there is no sliver of doubt that you will reach your dream score.
- It is time consuming. And that's a good thing! You don't want just fluff to be handed to you and easy questions that will make you feel good. GMAT is designed as a rigourous test and it's only fitting that the course is too.
- The team is ready to help you even with GMAT strategy. When I was confused about which course to buy from e-GMAT, the experts recommended that I take the VLP and not the entire course. The entire course would have been better financial decision for them but they understood my needs and prescribed VLP. The student really does come first at e-gmat.
Joined: Jun 11, 2014
670 Q47 V35
If you've spent even an hour with GMAT math, you know that it is not about formulae. GMAT math is designed to make you think on the spot with questions that can't be solved in certain set-in-stone steps, especially the higher difficulty level questions.
GMAC spends thousands of dollars on each question and the test makers are some of the highest paid nonprofit sector individuals in the world. GMATCLUB tests prep you to beat these supreme questions.
GMATCLUB math tests are BRILLIANT, to say the least. They'll tire you like a real test should, they'll make you think beyond what you've thought of, and finally, help you get the score you want.
EDIT: I've used finished up all the tests and have seen a massive rise in my score!