Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3804 [0]
Given Kudos: 182
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: 99colleges.com
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Wharton
Send PM
Re: 1 year MBA options in Europe [#permalink]
Hi knik25,

I think you should retake the test, as your GPA too is low. Try reaching at least the median score of the school. You wouldn’t want to spend several weeks on your applications and then finding that your test score somehow negated that effort. Ideally, you should apply with the best score you can notch.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi, I am 26 years old and from India, wishing to apply to a good European b-school for full time MBA. I gave my GMAT last week and got 710. I have 3 year of work experience with KPMG as strategy consultant (supply chain transformation) which includes a promotion and several client commendations. After the same, I successfully ventured into my entrepreneurial advent and launched a restaurant, which is doing pretty well. I also have a 6 month internship with McKinsey and Company. Did my engineering 2014 with 74% (~7.2 GPA). Now I wish to apply to a good European B School, with my preferences being (in order):
1. INSEAD
2. LBS
3. HEC
4. Judge (Cambridge)
5. IMD
6. Said (Oxford)
7. LSE
8. Imperial
9. IE
10. NYU (Only US school)

Please suggest me if my profile is good enough to get through these schools.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
aseemsuri91 wrote:
Hi, I am 26 years old and from India, wishing to apply to a good European b-school for full time MBA. I gave my GMAT last week and got 710. I have 3 year of work experience with KPMG as strategy consultant (supply chain transformation) which includes a promotion and several client commendations. After the same, I successfully ventured into my entrepreneurial advent and launched a restaurant, which is doing pretty well. I also have a 6 month internship with McKinsey and Company. Did my engineering 2014 with 74% (~7.2 GPA). Now I wish to apply to a good European B School, with my preferences being (in order):
1. INSEAD
2. LBS
3. HEC
4. Judge (Cambridge)
5. IMD
6. Said (Oxford)
7. LSE
8. Imperial
9. IE
10. NYU (Only US school)

Please suggest me if my profile is good enough to get through these schools.

Hi aseemsuri91,

Apologies for the slight delay in responding to you but we hope this finds you in time.

We are assuming that you will be applying in R1 in the next session as chances are not as great in the later rounds for most of these schools.

While the work experience etc, coupled with the promotions, seems good, we do not have much information on the kind of achievements you have had at both workplaces, and on your career goals (which should ideally be in perfect sync with your existing experience). Further, while the 710 well meets the average score of even INSEAD (the highest ranked school in your list), you could look at boosting the score just a bit as the GMAT expectations from Indians are always on the higher side. To add to this, your focus should also be on preparing a set of essays that are not only reflective of your true potential but also showcase a synced-up set of career goals :)

Hence, you definitely have a good chance at a lot of the programs in consideration provided we are able to put forth a strong application :)

Reach out in case you need clarity on anything else :)

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot