It is currently 22 Nov 2017, 17:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

17 days left - Consistently getting V35-36, what should I do?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

17 days left - Consistently getting V35-36, what should I do? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 16:54
I've taken the GMAT twice, each time studied about a month before the test. My Q is always at 49, and at this point I've no time to pull it up to a 51. With the time constraint, I think I should focus on pulling up my V from 35-36 to a 40.

How can I do that though? Finished all the OG questions, finished Prep 02 pack, went through Ron's SC notes. From all the mock exams, I sometimes get 91% RC and score low on SC, sometimes I get 90% on CR and score low on RC. So there's always one section that bombs my score.

Advice needed! Any input is welcomed at this point.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Senior CR Moderator
D

Kudos [?]: 1013 [0], given: 61

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 17 days left - Consistently getting V35-36, what should I do? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2017, 08:31
tifamo wrote:
I've taken the GMAT twice, each time studied about a month before the test. My Q is always at 49, and at this point I've no time to pull it up to a 51. With the time constraint, I think I should focus on pulling up my V from 35-36 to a 40.

How can I do that though? Finished all the OG questions, finished Prep 02 pack, went through Ron's SC notes. From all the mock exams, I sometimes get 91% RC and score low on SC, sometimes I get 90% on CR and score low on RC. So there's always one section that bombs my score.

Did you study that why you got unbalanced results? Lack of time? Or get tired? Or other reasons?

Actual LSAT CR bank by Broall

How to solve quadratic equations - Factor quadratic equations
Factor table with sign: The useful tool to solve polynomial inequalities
Applying AM-GM inequality into finding extreme/absolute value

New Error Log with Timer

Kudos [?]: 1013 [0], given: 61

BSchool Forum Moderator
D

Kudos [?]: 695 [0], given: 17

Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE: Sales (Retail)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2017, 12:51
tifamo wrote:

At this point it makes sense to fix all your mistakes.
Analyze all the Prep tests that you have written and try to analyze
what are the topics you are making mistakes in(especially CR/SC)?

Work on the weak areas and then do some specific practice in those
areas. After doing that, take more tests and see if you are able to get
rid of your problem areas.

Hope that helps you!

Stay hungry, Stay foolish

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Class of 2020: Rotman Thread | Schulich Thread
Class of 2019: Sauder Thread

Kudos [?]: 695 [0], given: 17

V

Kudos [?]: 327 [0], given: 29

WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2017, 01:21
tifamo wrote:

Hi tifamo,

Given how close you are to the GMAT I wouldn't recommend you trying out anything new at this point. If you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in Verbal and looking for additional practice; a subscription e-gmat scholaranium is the best way to do that. It is without a doubt, one of the best practice tools for verbal and will indeed help you on the final leg of your preparations. Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Hope this helps. All the best.

If you liked my post, kindly give me a Kudos. Thanks.

Kudos [?]: 327 [0], given: 29

Re: 17 days left - Consistently getting V35-36, what should I do?   [#permalink] 11 Nov 2017, 01:21

17 days left - Consistently getting V35-36, what should I do?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap