Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36 (Online)
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 232 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40 (Online)
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
Re: 2022 Intake [#permalink]
fall2021 wrote:
Btw 730 is a terrific score. The reason I recommend retaking is because there's very little downside to it. It costs as much as a single application to a T15 school and few hours of your time.

Posted from my mobile device

Thank you for the feedback. However, I’m basically targeting Canadian Universities where top schools are having average GMAT score of 650. Considering my profile do you think its not enough to put up the fight?
Current Student
Send PM
I suggested based on the assumption that US schools were an option for you. In case you have decided on Canada I would recommend reaching out to current students or alumni of top schools like Rotman and get their feedback.

Current Student
Send PM
fall2021 wrote:
I suggested based on the assumption that US schools were an option for you. In case you have decided on Canada I would recommend reaching out to current students or alumni of top schools like Rotman and get their feedback.

To get the admit in T15 schools in the USA, what should be the ideal GMAT score one should look after?
Current Student
Send PM
Actually I’m in dilemma about US because of their absurd immigration policy because there is no way one can recover the MBA cost while working in India.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
If your main concern is your GMAT score, we have seen many candidates admitted to top schools with lower scores, take a look here: https://www.aringo.com/aringo-top-mba-gmat-results/
If your concern is the Visa issue in the US, things may change with the new president, so make sure you stay informed and follow updates on that matter.
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
Shashank933 wrote:
Hello Guys,
Hi @shaskank933-- Congratulations on your strong GMAT score-- I have some comments on your profile below
Have you started thinking about 2022 MBA intake, like country, list of colleges etc?

About my profile :

I’m Indian Male Engineer having work experience of 8 years in Public Sector Bank as Branch Manager. I gave GMAT this month and scored 730. I’m satisfied with my score and not planning to appear further in GMAT. This is my first attempt.
I agree with comments that you might as well try once more to see if you can up your score even more-- and while a 730 is an awesome score-- if you can up it a bit more it could improve your scholarship oddds
My question is : Which country I should look forward for my MBA, USA or Canada.
Here's a webinar that Stratus did earlier this year on School selection It may be helpful to watch this to get an idea of how to start making a short list of programs. I think the that if you are working in a tech field after graduation you have better odds on getting the sponsorship you need-- of course a lot can change in 2 yrs--- 2020 sure taught us that-- gee-- a lot can change in 2 days lately--- but I'd say with the new US administration I think some of the concerns for international MBA students will likely be less of an issue.
How is ROI considering current H1B rules in USA? I’m afraid they do not allow to work after graduation?

All the suggestions about profile and colleges to look after is welcome :-)

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
StratusDonna wrote:
Shashank933 wrote:
Hello Guys,
Hi @shaskank933-- Congratulations on your strong GMAT score-- I have some comments on your profile below
Have you started thinking about 2022 MBA intake, like country, list of colleges etc?

About my profile :

I’m Indian Male Engineer having work experience of 8 years in Public Sector Bank as Branch Manager. I gave GMAT this month and scored 730. I’m satisfied with my score and not planning to appear further in GMAT. This is my first attempt.
I agree with comments that you might as well try once more to see if you can up your score even more-- and while a 730 is an awesome score-- if you can up it a bit more it could improve your scholarship oddds
My question is : Which country I should look forward for my MBA, USA or Canada.
Here's a webinar that Stratus did earlier this year on School selection It may be helpful to watch this to get an idea of how to start making a short list of programs. I think the that if you are working in a tech field after graduation you have better odds on getting the sponsorship you need-- of course a lot can change in 2 yrs--- 2020 sure taught us that-- gee-- a lot can change in 2 days lately--- but I'd say with the new US administration I think some of the concerns for international MBA students will likely be less of an issue.
How is ROI considering current H1B rules in USA? I’m afraid they do not allow to work after graduation?

All the suggestions about profile and colleges to look after is welcome :-)

Thank you I re-appeared and received 750( Q 50, V 41).

Quite elated and satisfied.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Shashank933 wrote:

That sounds great Shashank933 Congratulations! Did you decide on which school you want to target?
Current Student
Send PM
Nikhil wrote:
Shashank933 wrote:

That sounds great Shashank933 Congratulations! Did you decide on which school you want to target?

Not yet but certainly should opt for one among Top ten in US or in Canada.

GMAT Club Bot