It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 12:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

600 to 720 in 2 weeks...thanks to the Gmat club & Veritas Prep!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [2], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
600 to 720 in 2 weeks...thanks to the Gmat club & Veritas Prep! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 05:41
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Guys,
I took my GMAT yesterday, and i scored 720 (V 41, Q 48)...though i had start preparing few month ago, but was not able to consistently prepare. I started my rigorous preparation from 30th October, my first score in the mock test was 600. My weakness was quants (was scoring 35-38 in the mocks) but thanks to Gmat club question pool & Veritas prep practice questions, i was able to scale up to 44 in the last mock before the test. Though I was more confident in verbal, the scores were not that high either (around 35-36 in the mocks). However i think what helped me more than the mock tests is the explanations of the answers, not only i checked the explanations for the answers where i went wrong, but also checked the explanations for the right answers (this really helps in assessing whether the thought process & approach is correct). Also the regular time bound practice helped me to be totally relaxed & conditioned my mind to win the race against time while keeping up the accuracy.

In a nutshell, gmat club question bank, forums are absolute gold mines!!!

Wish you all the very best for your GMAT & kudos to the Gmat Club & all the expert contributors!!!

Kudos [?]: 2 [2], given: 0

Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesEconomist GMAT Tutor Discount CodesEMPOWERgmat Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: 600 to 720 in 2 weeks...thanks to the Gmat club & Veritas Prep! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2017, 08:02
For the groundwork on verbal, i first brushed up the basic grammar rules, then i did extensive practice on gmat club & veritas practice tests. Also i attended one free webinar of Egmat on SC & CR, which helped. Mostly with the help of the detailed explanation of these practice questions I could gather where I was going wrong. In my experience veritas actually has a higher difficulty level as compared with the real test, but that would help in clearing concepts...

Verbal Forum Moderator
P

Kudos [?]: 261 [0], given: 199

Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 600 to 720 in 2 weeks...thanks to the Gmat club & Veritas Prep! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2017, 10:41
Congratulations moni87 for the great score!

It would be really great if you can talk more about your strategy on CR and RC.

Any specific Techniques you followed?

GMAT Test Day Experience? (Because normally people get nervous and this takes away almost 10-20 points from you)

Also, it would be great if you can briefly touch upon time management.

I know am asking a lot here, but I am sure all of us would benefit from this.

Wish you all the best!

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

Worried About IDIOMS? Here is a Daily Practice List: https://gmatclub.com/forum/idiom-s-ydmuley-s-daily-practice-list-250731.html#p1937393

Best AWA Template: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html#p470475

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2017, 07:03
Hi ydmuley,
For CR I took help from egmat video lesson, it helped a lot to clear out the fundamentals, as to how to identify the assumptions, inferences etc. Then I did extensive practice especially on Veritas prep, each explanation also helps to build the understanding how to identify the wrong answers. RC was one of the strongest points for me, since I am an avid reader since childhood, so lengthy passages were also okay for me, the trickier questions are mostly reasoning based, so CR techniques can be used here.

About the test day...it is impossible not to panic , but if you actually take the practice tests every day (2 sections verbal & quants at one go) as per the timelines, your mind would be totally accustomed to handle the questions on the test day within the timelimit. Also please identify the order of the sections for the test day carefully (i had tried & tested all the combos during my mocks). Try to be little early at the test center to make yourself comfortable & also ensure to take the stipulated breaks in between (it helps to free up the mind). Most importantly don't spend much time studying a day before the exam.

Relax & everything will be great!!! All the best :-)

Verbal Forum Moderator
P

Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2017, 10:49
Thank you moni87 for the details, this definitely helps.

Wish you all the Best!

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

Worried About IDIOMS? Here is a Daily Practice List: https://gmatclub.com/forum/idiom-s-ydmuley-s-daily-practice-list-250731.html#p1937393

Best AWA Template: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html#p470475

Re: 600 to 720 in 2 weeks...thanks to the Gmat club & Veritas Prep!   [#permalink] 16 Nov 2017, 10:49

600 to 720 in 2 weeks...thanks to the Gmat club & Veritas Prep!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap