Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:11 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 733 [2]
Given Kudos: 362
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: 610 to 650 to...730+? Seeking Verbal Advice! [#permalink]
Arro44 wrote:
I can highly advice to follow the user GMATNinja on this forum, his is the verbal guru.

Furthermore, there are some verbal videos from said member on the Gmatclub youtube chanel, those videos helped me alot in increasing my understanding of the verbal section.

Last but not least, I tried to collect some of the things I came accross in a small thread:
[link]

All the best for your prep,
Chris

Thanks, Chris! I will look through the material. (I have already watched on youtube video and it was very helpful!)

EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi YNWA,

While the ESR doesn't provide a lot of information, there are usually a few data points that we can use to define what went wrong (and what you should work on to score higher). Since you're new to GMATClub, you won't be able to post it just yet, but if you email it to me, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

Beyond that data, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) Since you last took the GMAT, how have you scored on EACH of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
2) Your next planned Test Date will be some time in the next 2-3 weeks. Do you have the flexibility to push back that Test Date if needed?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
4) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Thanks Rich for your response. I have sent you my ESRs to your email. Please see below for my answers.

1) Since you last took the GMAT, how have you scored on EACH of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
    - 8/4, MGMAT CAT 660 (Q44, V36)
    - 8/19, Official MBA 620 (Q44, V32)
    - 9/8, Official MBA (reset) 680 (Q46, V37)

2) Your next planned Test Date will be some time in the next 2-3 weeks. Do you have the flexibility to push back that Test Date if needed?
    - I do. This answers your next question too, I plan on applying in R2. The plan is to finish up the GMAT in early October and start working on apps in October. Taking into consideration GMAT's 16 day rule, I am planning to schedule two GMATs.

3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
    - R2 deadlines in early Jan 2019.

4) What Schools are you planning to apply to?
    - The schools I am targeting include: Haas, Booth, Sloan, Kellogg, Anderson, and Yale SOM
    - Given the schools I am targeting, my goal is 730+
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30801 [0]
Given Kudos: 637
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi YNWA,

What you are experiencing in Verbal is 'Score Plateau'. To learn more about this and how to overcome it, I recommend that you watch recording of a recent Strategy Session conducted by e-GMAT Founder, Rajat Sadana. You may skip to 1:30:00 if you want to learn only about Score Plateau.

To analyze the ESR you can follow the 3steps mentioned in this article on ESR Analysis. If you need any further help on it, write to us at support@e-gmat.com.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Aditee
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts