It is currently 18 Aug 2017, 09:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

660 q47 v36, 6 years operations experience

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 15

Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
660 q47 v36, 6 years operations experience [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2016, 23:50
hello,
i have a operations background and now i want to switch to consulting but i cannot find the time to re take my gmat.
Can anyone suggest whether i need to improve on my score or my score is suitable for my target schools, i am targeting northwestern university, rochester, kelley, foster, michigan state.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 42

Concentration: Technology, Marketing
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Re: 660 q47 v36, 6 years operations experience [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2016, 02:28
I advice you to retake GMAT. These schools are very competitive and being an Indian Male, you will need 700+ on your GMAT.

puneetj88 wrote:
hello,
i have a operations background and now i want to switch to consulting but i cannot find the time to re take my gmat.
Can anyone suggest whether i need to improve on my score or my score is suitable for my target schools, i am targeting northwestern university, rochester, kelley, foster, michigan state.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 42

Stern Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Operations (Commercial Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2016, 02:55
I'm afraid so. 660 is sort of around the average for those schools and being Indian candidate, one has to score atleast 700 if they are targeting the top 30, unless they have stellar application and essays.

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2016, 04:07
My operations experience is in my own family business and my work timings are very steep, i work from 9am to 10pm and finding the time to prepare and give GMAT again is difficult for me.
Any suggestions on how i can counter this below average score in my application.

Stern Thread Master
B

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Operations (Commercial Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2016, 04:52
I can completely sympathize with your situation. I myself work in an operations profile for a bank from 8:30am to 10pm and hard pressed in finding time to study. I guess the only thing one can do is make every second count. I try to get up early by 4:30-5am so that I can manage atleast 2 hours of study everyday. I'd also suggest reading flash cards while you are commuting or having meals etc. and completely utilize weekends as much as possible. It's still early May so you have around 3 months before the deadlines approach.

Make every second count.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2016, 07:32
Unfortunately, if you're targeting Northwestern your GMAT would put you in the bottom 20% (class of 2016). That does mean that 20% of the people they enrolled fell into that category, but if there isnt anything else outstanding about your application that's a definite weak point and one that you have the power to change.

My work week is very demanding and when it came to studying I took this approach.

Saturday/Sunday - 3 to 4 hours per day
Summarize after the weekend what I struggled with most from those areas.
Monday - Friday try to study approx. 1 hour per day as a review of what I studied over the weekend (and previous weeks) and master what I had difficulty with. I rarely introduced new materials during the week as my brain was pretty fried.

In total I think I studied between 100 - 120 hours. It made a huge difference.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 7

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2016, 17:53
puneetj88 wrote:
My operations experience is in my own family business and my work timings are very steep, i work from 9am to 10pm and finding the time to prepare and give GMAT again is difficult for me.
Any suggestions on how i can counter this below average score in my application.

As with the other advices, I suggest you strongly consider investing more time with the GMAT review.

Just my two cents, with regards to your work at the family business, you may consider start delegating more of your work or reducing your time there. This could be a good time to start transitioning for the time you will be away when you do your MBA.

Wish you all the best!

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!.

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2017, 04:31
The gmat score doesn't do everything. People tends to focus to much on that since it is the only thing that can really be quantified and compared to other applicants.
Being said, with a 660 GMAT score, you must have a very strong application.
I advise you to work with a consultant. Here was mine and she was fantastic: Farrell Dyan

I have been admitted to Wharton.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 660 q47 v36, 6 years operations experience   [#permalink] 08 Jul 2017, 04:31