Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 20:28 It is currently 09 May 2024, 20:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GRE 1: Q164 V160
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GRE 1: Q164 V160
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: 690 -->660 -->630 What do i DO ? [#permalink]
Hi Neha,

I think i have decent academics ( CGPA of 8.2/10) from one of top 15 engineering colleges in India. Have good extra curriculars (Head of events,etc) with good work ex with two great MNC's in FMCG sector (some great contributions to show on my resume). I am also being recommended currently for a global stint (which schools like INSEAD value and INSEAD is one of top 3 choices for me) by my CXO. I think i can manage some strong recommendation letters from the people i have worked with.

Probably the only thing which i find missing to the whole picture is a good (read 700+) score. I think I have the time to devote to preparation for GMAT. I think i understand your advice and i am thinking of re-taking the GMAT with a clear head and only after i get back the confidence to do well.

Frankly, for my 630 attempt, i think i just kind of ignored the basics on some questions and made some careless errors. Hopefully, i will find a way to get over with it.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2064 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
ssk04 wrote:
Hi Neha,

I think i have decent academics ( CGPA of 8.2/10) from one of top 15 engineering colleges in India. Have good extra curriculars (Head of events,etc) with good work ex with two great MNC's in FMCG sector (some great contributions to show on my resume). I am also being recommended currently for a global stint (which schools like INSEAD value and INSEAD is one of top 3 choices for me) by my CXO. I think i can manage some strong recommendation letters from the people i have worked with.

Probably the only thing which i find missing to the whole picture is a good (read 700+) score. I think I have the time to devote to preparation for GMAT. I think i understand your advice and i am thinking of re-taking the GMAT with a clear head and only after i get back the confidence to do well.

Frankly, for my 630 attempt, i think i just kind of ignored the basics on some questions and made some careless errors. Hopefully, i will find a way to get over with it.

There you go. That's the spirit!
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Hi ssk04,

Your GPA and work experience is excellent. And since you also have good recommendations, I think your profile is really strong enough to apply for B-Schools like INSEAD and LBS.

Retake your GMAT and target for 700+ GMAT Score. Wish you all the best.

You can also get your free profile evaluation done by the top Ivy league B-School grads during the webinar conducted by General Education on 3rd of May'15. For registration and more details visit our website https://www.genedmba.com/webinars-seminars/

Cheers!
ssk04 wrote:
Hi Neha,

GMAT Club Bot