GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Dec 2018, 22:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

790 (Q51, V48) but only 5 from AWA

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V48
790 (Q51, V48) but only 5 from AWA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 00:55
I have just received my official score report and have found out that I only scored 5/6 from AWA. While I'm obviously happy with my overall score (though I know exactly which question I bombed in Verbal and it shouldn't have happened..) I'm a little worried about AWA. Ironically, I was so confident about the essay that I virutally spent only 1h preparing for this section of the test and I assume I must have omitted something that was expected from me in AWA.

I'm going to apply to HSW and I'm wondering whether such a score would not come off as inconsistent with my strong GMAT verbal and personal interest in linguistics.

I'm not a native speaker so on top of GMAT I will be taking TOEFL, which should easily show that I don't have any issues with writing in English.

Thanks in advance for any opinions on that matter.
Senior PS Moderator
V
GPA: 3.12
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 790 (Q51, V48) but only 5 from AWA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 01:14
chris139 - let me be the first one to congratulate you on the phenomenal GMAT score.

I'm no expert, but I don't think an AWA score can come in your way with that score. All the best for your applications!

You've got what it takes, but it will take everything you've got

mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 02:34
Hey chris139
Congrats on the amazing score! Do not worry about the AWA. If it was 3 or lower, I'd be a little worried, but 5 is fine and in fact, I believe it's the average. Now the one thing I would say -- even with a score like yours, this process is not an easy one and indeed sometimes we see people assume that a great GMAT will "make" their application. Make sure you deliver across your entire application -- essays, recs, etc. Get in touch with us to set up a free consult for a full review of your candidacy. (You don't have to wait for me -- just schedule a session for a day/time that works for you.)
Congrats again!
Krista

mbaMission Admissions Consultant

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Experts' Global Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2018, 01:15
chris139 wrote:
I have just received my official score report and have found out that I only scored 5/6 from AWA. While I'm obviously happy with my overall score (though I know exactly which question I bombed in Verbal and it shouldn't have happened..) I'm a little worried about AWA. Ironically, I was so confident about the essay that I virutally spent only 1h preparing for this section of the test and I assume I must have omitted something that was expected from me in AWA.

I'm going to apply to HSW and I'm wondering whether such a score would not come off as inconsistent with my strong GMAT verbal and personal interest in linguistics.

I'm not a native speaker so on top of GMAT I will be taking TOEFL, which should easily show that I don't have any issues with writing in English.

Thanks in advance for any opinions on that matter.

Hi chris139,

Congratulations on an exceptional score! :) Truly well-done! With regard to the AWA, it is above the average. Hence, don't let it bother you at all. For now, just focus on creating a set of stellar essays and submitting an application that is truly reflective of your capabilities and potential.

All the best! :)

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

GMAT Club Bot
Re: 790 (Q51, V48) but only 5 from AWA &nbs [#permalink] 23 Feb 2018, 01:15

790 (Q51, V48) but only 5 from AWA

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap