GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 May 2019, 01:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

9 days for GMAT: don't know what to do!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V30
9 days for GMAT: don't know what to do!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2017, 06:01
I have 9 days left for the exam day.
I took another mock test(mgmat) today and got 630, and I am really upset.

I have searched almost every question on this forum to know if mgmat is harder than real gmat, but I did not find an answer :?

I took the gmat prep and scored:
After scoring 730, I booked my exam.
I have exhausted OG questions. So, if I solve them again, I remember most of the answers so I can't analyse if I improved.
If i reset the gmatprep exams, I remember the answers. :?

I took two mgmat tests in the last 3 days and scored 620,630.
Today's was 630. I kept myself really calm and was confident throughout the test, and was really doing well! :( Despite that, still got 630.
Usually, i sit and review every question in detail after mock test. Today, I don't feel like doing it either. (Giving up feels!)

In both of the mgmats I got a Q46. I never went below Q48 in any of gmat prep exams(even in worst state of mind!). V has been varying between 31 and 35 in both gmatprep and mgmat.

and I have a serious issue with RC, while practicing from OG(with timer) I am doing well.
in gmatprep tests I have avg score in RC(about 60%)
but in mgmat tests RC score is horrible(33%)
is RC in mgmat harder? I found them too detailed. and in my last mgmat test I got 3 RCs which were horrendous, long(really long!) and had lots of details.
Can this happen in actual GMAT??
mgmat is taking a toll on my confidence.
:(
Retired Moderator
P
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 9 days for GMAT: don't know what to do!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2017, 07:10
Viserion99 wrote:
I have 9 days left for the exam day.
I took another mock test(mgmat) today and got 630, and I am really upset.

I have searched almost every question on this forum to know if mgmat is harder than real gmat, but I did not find an answer :?

I took the gmat prep and scored:
After scoring 730, I booked my exam.
I have exhausted OG questions. So, if I solve them again, I remember most of the answers so I can't analyse if I improved.
If i reset the gmatprep exams, I remember the answers. :?

I took two mgmat tests in the last 3 days and scored 620,630.
Today's was 630. I kept myself really calm and was confident throughout the test, and was really doing well! :( Despite that, still got 630.
Usually, i sit and review every question in detail after mock test. Today, I don't feel like doing it either. (Giving up feels!)

In both of the mgmats I got a Q46. I never went below Q48 in any of gmat prep exams(even in worst state of mind!). V has been varying between 31 and 35 in both gmatprep and mgmat.

and I have a serious issue with RC, while practicing from OG(with timer) I am doing well.
in gmatprep tests I have avg score in RC(about 60%)
but in mgmat tests RC score is horrible(33%)
is RC in mgmat harder? I found them too detailed. and in my last mgmat test I got 3 RCs which were horrendous, long(really long!) and had lots of details.
Can this happen in actual GMAT??
mgmat is taking a toll on my confidence.
:(

Hello @viserion99,

When it comes to Mocs, use it mostly for building your stamina.

No Moc other than GMAT Prep can give an approximate estimate, even Manhattan and Veritas.

Considering your GMAT Prerp has been good, I don't think you should be worrying and bringing down your confidence, that will bring your moral further down and impact your score.

Remember:

"You can’t control everything that happens to you, but you CAN control the way you respond.  And in your response is your greatest power.  Yes, most of your stress comes directly from the way you think and respond, not the way life is.  Adjust your attitude, and all that extra stress is gone."

"If you worry too much about what might be, and wonder too long about what might have been, you will ignore and completely miss what is.  Realize that worrying is a misuse of your incredible creative energy.  Instead of imagining the worst, imagine the best and how you can bring it about."

Hope this helps Wish u all d Best
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

Best AWA Template: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html#p470475
Manager
Manager
P
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.82
WE: Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2017, 07:46
Yes manhattan mocks, especially the quant is harder than the gmat prep. Add two to three points to the quant score you receive in manhattan mock to make it equivalent to gmatprep score. The verbal part of manhattan is in par with gmat prep.
V
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2017, 07:52
Hi Viserion99 ,

Forget about anything now. Just focus on official material now. Give one more GMAT Prep Mock if you want and then chill.

Revise all your notes and give your best shot.

Eat, sleep and repeat. ;)

All the best. :)
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog
GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.
New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!
Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free
Check our new About Us Page here.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V25
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2017, 11:49
Just wanted to check if your GMAT Prep exams were taken after a reset or it was from exam pack?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V30

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2017, 19:12
AndyDufresne wrote:
Just wanted to check if your GMAT Prep exams were taken after a reset or it was from exam pack?

they were reset.
I cross checked after exam and only 1Q question was repeated.
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2017, 11:41
Top Contributor
At this point, you have to options:

1) Go for the test - and cram as much as you can - while still giving yourself enough rest the day before the test.
2) postpone the test so you can allocate more time to your problem areas

If RC is a weakness for you, consider getting practice here: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... -questions

Here's a sample video on how you might read a passage: http://www.gmatpill.com/practicequestio ... inking.mp4

To learn more, visit: http://www.gmatpill.com/testimonials
GMAT Club Bot
Re: 9 days for GMAT: don't know what to do!   [#permalink] 04 Jul 2017, 11:41

9 days for GMAT: don't know what to do!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap