GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Jun 2019, 13:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

A new marketing gimmick, which is evident at most carnivals, are waves

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
G
CAT Tests
A new marketing gimmick, which is evident at most carnivals, are waves  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 19:38
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

25% (medium)

Question Stats:

75% (01:35) correct 25% (01:52) wrong based on 143 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

A new marketing gimmick, which is evident at most carnivals, are waves of street artists and roadside performers, which include jugglers and attract and fascinate pedestrians at the crossroads.

A. A new marketing gimmick, which is evident at most carnivals, are waves of street artists and roadside performers, which include jugglers and

B. Evident at most carnivals are waves of street artists and roadside performers with jugglers, a new marketing gimmick that

C. A new marketing gimmick evident at most carnivals is a wave of street artists and roadside performers, many of them jugglers, who

D. Marketing gimmicky new waves of street artists, roadside performers, and jugglers are visible at most carnival, which

E. A wave of street artists and roadside performers, many of whom are jugglers, are evident at the crossroads, where they are a new marketing gimmick and

Source: PREP4GMAT

You can always bookmark a question if you want. :-D
Hit a KUDO if you like this practice question. :lol:

YOU CAN LEARN ANYTHING!
MY GMAT BLOG ---> https://gmatclub.com/forum/a-fitness-mat-some-music-few-books-and-the-gmat-245808.html
Current Student
G
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: A new marketing gimmick, which is evident at most carnivals, are waves  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 19:50
Good question i went with the meaning of the sentence.

Eliminated B, D and E since a marketing gimmick needs to be evident in the carnival. A and C left - C seemed a better option than A - Primilary because of " , which" and ",are wave of" context of, are without a noun didn't make sense!

Kudos are always welcome :)
Manager
Manager
G
CAT Tests
Re: A new marketing gimmick, which is evident at most carnivals, are waves  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 19:56
Inten21 wrote:
A new marketing gimmick, which is evident at most carnivals, are waves of street artists and roadside performers, which include jugglers and attract and fascinate pedestrians at the crossroads.

A. A new marketing gimmick, which is evident at most carnivals, are waves of street artists and roadside performers, which include jugglers and

B. Evident at most carnivals are waves of street artists and roadside performers with jugglers, a new marketing gimmick that

C. A new marketing gimmick evident at most carnivals is a wave of street artists and roadside performers, many of them jugglers, who

D. Marketing gimmicky new waves of street artists, roadside performers, and jugglers are visible at most carnival, which

E. A wave of street artists and roadside performers, many of whom are jugglers, are evident at the crossroads, where they are a new marketing gimmick and

Source: PREP4GMAT

You can always bookmark a question if you want. :-D
Hit a KUDO if you like this practice question. :lol:

A - Incorrect:

The singular subject a gimmick does not agree with the plural auxiliary verb are and with the plurality of the second subject waves.

B - Incorrect:

The relative pronoun that relates to the preceding noun gimmick, and thus the plural verb attract does not agree in number with the singular noun gimmick.

C - Correct:

The singular subjects a gimmick and a wave agree with the singular verb is. The relative pronoun who relates logically to jugglers.

D - Incorrect:

The problem in this option is the phrase Marketing gimmicky new waves... would mean the performers are marketing waves of street artists, which makes no sense.

E - Incorrect:

The problem is that the singular A wave, which is conceived of as one entity, should not take the plural verb are. Also the use of the phrase at the crossroads twice, while grammatically OK, is stylistically clunky. Check out chapter 8 for more information on the GMAT’s preferred style of writing.

Hope that helps.

Are you KUDOing me? :lol:

YOU CAN LEARN ANYTHING!
MY GMAT BLOG ---> https://gmatclub.com/forum/a-fitness-mat-some-music-few-books-and-the-gmat-245808.html
Non-Human User

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 03:29
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Re: A new marketing gimmick, which is evident at most carnivals, are waves   [#permalink] 25 Dec 2018, 03:29

A new marketing gimmick, which is evident at most carnivals, are waves

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics