It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 08:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Expert Post
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 3584

Kudos [?]: 4576 [0], given: 360

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2009, 18:11
Sorry, I'm with wife and kid :)
_________________

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Kudos [?]: 4576 [0], given: 360

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2008
Posts: 145

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Schools: Chicago Booth 2011
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2009, 18:19
Hah, I was just mentioning it in case someone in the off-chance was looking for one as well, it was not directed at you specifically. But can I get a ride on your bike someday, even if we're not roommates? Heh.

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Expert Post
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 3584

Kudos [?]: 4576 [0], given: 360

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2009, 18:25
xenok wrote:
... But can I get a ride on your bike someday, even if we're not roommates? Heh.


No problem. But it is a bit dangerous. By the way, I know that there is a great track in Indianapolis and we can drive there to look races and take a few lessons :wink: It would be great to know someone who is a crazy rider like me :P
http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/
_________________

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Kudos [?]: 4576 [0], given: 360

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2008
Posts: 145

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Schools: Chicago Booth 2011
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2009, 19:02
I don't even have a motorcycle license, the closest I've come to riding one is riding pillion on a friend's bike and going 200 km/h on a track! But I do love speed (although I, well both of us, heh, am too old to be loving it!)

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Expert Post
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 3584

Kudos [?]: 4576 [0], given: 360

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2009, 19:18
You are right. There will be no time for such risky adventure...Honestly, I very rare rode my bike last summer....
_________________

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Kudos [?]: 4576 [0], given: 360

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 1045

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 3

Location: New York, NY
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2009, 19:48
I'd like to leave a couple of things I learned when I came. These high-rises are super new, they are convenient to be close at the Booth Community; however, you pay the premium for it. I decided to leave at River North, which is very close to Lake Shore East, to the metra, bus lines, and much more convenient for restaurants and supermarkets (though you will learn fast to use Peapod, especially during the winter). I decided to live in a condo, and all in all, I pay around $350 less per month than people who are living at the Lake Shore East. Found my deal through Craig's list. The buildings where most people live in downtown are: Millennium Park Plaza (MPP), Park Millennium (it's a condo), Columbus Park Plaza, North Harbor Tower (NHT), Tides and Shoreham. The Aqua is brand new. The best deals I could find among these places were in MPP and NHT.

Parking cars in the "core downtown" is super expensive, it goes from $180 to $300, the main reason I decided not to have a car - actually there's no need for one, and you also do your part for the environment :-D .

For internationals. If you're not a US citizen or permanent resident, you will be allowed to get into the USA 30 days before the classes start - orientation, not the "real" classes, which for me was Aug/10. I came to Chicago on Aug/10.

I hope that helps.
_________________

Rhyme´s guide to interviewing
http://www.gmatclub.com/forum/t55030

Kwam's Profile
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t57360

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 3

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Feb 2008
Posts: 349

Kudos [?]: 3571 [0], given: 2

Schools: UCSD ($) , UCLA, USC ($), Stanford
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2009, 19:54
walker wrote:
xenok wrote:
... But can I get a ride on your bike someday, even if we're not roommates? Heh.


No problem. But it is a bit dangerous. By the way, I know that there is a great track in Indianapolis and we can drive there to look races and take a few lessons :wink: It would be great to know someone who is a crazy rider like me :P
http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/



I used to go there for the annual Formula 1 race and it was always mega fun....and super hot. But since they took that race out of the calendar I get to go to the area (including Chicago) less often :(
_________________

Chinese Democracy is misunderstood...at your nearest BestBuy.

Best AWA guide here: http://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html

Kudos [?]: 3571 [0], given: 2

Expert Post
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 3584

Kudos [?]: 4576 [0], given: 360

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2009, 00:33
kwam, thank a lot!
_________________

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Kudos [?]: 4576 [0], given: 360

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 74

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth 2011
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2009, 00:48
I've pretty much decided on Aqua and am now in the process of filling out my application (the agent I talked to told me that units are being rented out pretty quickly). I thought about waiting till the end of this month (when visiting Chicago to attend Admit Weekend) to get a good look of downtown apartments before signing a lease. But I think Aqua looks amazing and I didnt want to risk losing the opportunities to live there. So, I started the application process.

PS. I listed Costa Rica as my first choice for Random Walks!

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 1437

Kudos [?]: 196 [0], given: 12

Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2009, 06:53
krispy wrote:
I've pretty much decided on Aqua and am now in the process of filling out my application (the agent I talked to told me that units are being rented out pretty quickly). I thought about waiting till the end of this month (when visiting Chicago to attend Admit Weekend) to get a good look of downtown apartments before signing a lease. But I think Aqua looks amazing and I didnt want to risk losing the opportunities to live there. So, I started the application process.

PS. I listed Costa Rica as my first choice for Random Walks!


smart move krispy. As to Kwam's point, it is all relative. Aqua has washer and dryers in your room so you save there. If you wanted to join a gym, you have one in the building, so you save that. If you want a closer walk to the metra (in the winter 5 minutes of walking saved is great) , then you get that. You are paying 65 dollars for cable/internet/gas/heat/A/C which is a great deal as well. So if you add everything up, the premium may even things out and if not, you are still in a brand new building with great views, balconies, tremendous resources and amenities.

Kudos [?]: 196 [0], given: 12

Expert Post
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 3584

Kudos [?]: 4576 [0], given: 360

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2009, 15:18
just got 40K (20K per year) fellowship :P very unexpected....
_________________

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Kudos [?]: 4576 [0], given: 360

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 1689

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Schools: Kellogg '11
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2009, 16:09
walker wrote:
just got 40K (20K per year) fellowship :P very unexpected....


congrats!!!

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 370

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Location: New York, Paris
Schools: Wharton '11
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2009, 16:25
walker wrote:
just got 40K (20K per year) fellowship :P very unexpected....


That is awesome! Congrats!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 74

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth 2011
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2009, 23:56
terp26 wrote:
krispy wrote:
I've pretty much decided on Aqua and am now in the process of filling out my application (the agent I talked to told me that units are being rented out pretty quickly). I thought about waiting till the end of this month (when visiting Chicago to attend Admit Weekend) to get a good look of downtown apartments before signing a lease. But I think Aqua looks amazing and I didnt want to risk losing the opportunities to live there. So, I started the application process.

PS. I listed Costa Rica as my first choice for Random Walks!


smart move krispy. As to Kwam's point, it is all relative. Aqua has washer and dryers in your room so you save there. If you wanted to join a gym, you have one in the building, so you save that. If you want a closer walk to the metra (in the winter 5 minutes of walking saved is great) , then you get that. You are paying 65 dollars for cable/internet/gas/heat/A/C which is a great deal as well. So if you add everything up, the premium may even things out and if not, you are still in a brand new building with great views, balconies, tremendous resources and amenities.


Did you get the chance to check out the building before you signed your lease? It seems like there are sevreral tall buildings that may block the view.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2008
Posts: 145

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Schools: Chicago Booth 2011
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2009, 00:47
Anyone have an idea how nice those apartment gyms are? I don't mean how new the equipment is, I'm wondering if they have enough free weights and space to really work out. I'm looking for dumbbells, barbells, power racks, etc. I found most apartment/condo gyms to have mostly machines and not much room for anything else.

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Expert Post
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 3584

Kudos [?]: 4576 [0], given: 360

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2009, 06:31
Isa, Falibay,

Thanks!
_________________

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Kudos [?]: 4576 [0], given: 360

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 1437

Kudos [?]: 196 [0], given: 12

Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2009, 07:52
krispy wrote:
terp26 wrote:
krispy wrote:
I've pretty much decided on Aqua and am now in the process of filling out my application (the agent I talked to told me that units are being rented out pretty quickly). I thought about waiting till the end of this month (when visiting Chicago to attend Admit Weekend) to get a good look of downtown apartments before signing a lease. But I think Aqua looks amazing and I didnt want to risk losing the opportunities to live there. So, I started the application process.

PS. I listed Costa Rica as my first choice for Random Walks!


smart move krispy. As to Kwam's point, it is all relative. Aqua has washer and dryers in your room so you save there. If you wanted to join a gym, you have one in the building, so you save that. If you want a closer walk to the metra (in the winter 5 minutes of walking saved is great) , then you get that. You are paying 65 dollars for cable/internet/gas/heat/A/C which is a great deal as well. So if you add everything up, the premium may even things out and if not, you are still in a brand new building with great views, balconies, tremendous resources and amenities.


Did you get the chance to check out the building before you signed your lease? It seems like there are sevreral tall buildings that may block the view.


No I signed blind. Yea that is true. I have a north view so unsure of the sightlines. But I can't imagine it being too bad at the 45th floor.

Kudos [?]: 196 [0], given: 12

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5926

Kudos [?]: 2192 [0], given: 7

Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Premium Member
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2009, 15:19
terp26 wrote:
No I signed blind. Yea that is true. I have a north view so unsure of the sightlines. But I can't imagine it being too bad at the 45th floor.


Party at terp's on August 2nd !
Everyone's invited!

Kudos [?]: 2192 [0], given: 7

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Status: Burning mid-night oil....daily
Joined: 07 Nov 2008
Posts: 2400

Kudos [?]: 746 [0], given: 548

Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Reviews Badge
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2009, 21:02
rhyme wrote:
Party at terp's on August 2nd !
Everyone's invited!



Count me in!
_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 746 [0], given: 548

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 1437

Kudos [?]: 196 [0], given: 12

Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2009, 23:08
rhyme wrote:
terp26 wrote:
No I signed blind. Yea that is true. I have a north view so unsure of the sightlines. But I can't imagine it being too bad at the 45th floor.


Party at terp's on August 2nd !
Everyone's invited!


lol you can, but I won't be there until aug 31st :)

Kudos [?]: 196 [0], given: 12

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread   [#permalink] 10 Apr 2009, 23:08

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  25    Next  [ 490 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.