Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:22 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
 Q49  V44
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [1]
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General
Schools:Kellogg
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]
Thanks River.

Can we waive out of accounting or the decision science (stats) by just passing the test? I did hear during DAK that some core courses also require us to have taken a similar course earlier. Do either of the above courses have that requirement?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
vijapp wrote:
Thanks River.

Can we waive out of accounting or the decision science (stats) by just passing the test? I did hear during DAK that some core courses also require us to have taken a similar course earlier. Do either of the above courses have that requirement?

Accounting is tougher to waive out they have specific requirements. You can test out of DECS though. There should be stuff online about waiving out well before you guys show up. I should have waived out of the first DECS class since it was not that hard and easily could have with just a little refresher.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Venture Capital
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
vijapp wrote:
Thanks River.

Accounting is tougher to waive out they have specific requirements. You can test out of DECS though. There should be stuff online about waiving out well before you guys show up. I should have waived out of the first DECS class since it was not that hard and easily could have with just a little refresher.

I'm definitely going to waive out of DECS if at all possible. Want to get to the good stuff more quickly.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Venture Capital
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
If you dont want to be a banker then I dont see the value in Turbo.

Even for consulting? Or what about if we're hoping to make the fantasy stretch to aim for PE/VC?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
OhThatMBA wrote:
riverripper wrote:
If you dont want to be a banker then I dont see the value in Turbo.

Even for consulting? Or what about if we're hoping to make the fantasy stretch to aim for PE/VC?

If you have a finance background it wont be bad but I hear its a pretty ball buster course...very heavy workload. Almost all MMM's do it though. Its not impossible, just gonna keep you busy.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
yellowjacket wrote:
2. Based on what you said taking Marketing in the fall sounds like a good idea. Is it not possible to take turbo fin/fin 2 and marketing in the fall? Or is it just not a good idea to take Marketing if you are recruiting for finance?

You can do that but you will have to waive out of accounting, the decision science (stats). Waiving out of DECS is not too hard, you can take a test and get out of it rather easily if you want to.

River, thanks a lot. It's great to have a community academic advisor on Gclub. :)

Just a quick clarification: Did you mean we have to test out of both accounting and DECS or just 1 out of the 2?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [1]
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Kudos
You can take up to 5 classes a semester (more if you want to pay). Typically students take 4 courses each semester so if you dont waive any classes you will take DECS 433, Accouting 430, Business Strategy 431...then one of the following Fin 1, Turbo Fin, or Marketing. So you only need to waive out of one either DECS or accounting to be able to take Fin 1 and Marketing first semester.

You guys have plenty of time to figure this out...relax and enjoy yourselves for the next few months.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
You can take up to 5 classes a semester (more if you want to pay). Typically students take 4 courses each semester so if you dont waive any classes you will take DECS 433, Accouting 430, Business Strategy 431...then one of the following Fin 1, Turbo Fin, or Marketing. So you only need to waive out of one either DECS or accounting to be able to take Fin 1 and Marketing first semester.

You guys have plenty of time to figure this out...relax and enjoy yourselves for the next few months.

Thanks river.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
 Q48  V39
Send PM
I am hoping to waive ACCT and DECS 433, and then take Turbo, DECS 434, Business Strategy, and either Turbo ACCT 434 or Microeconomics. Since I want to do IB, and was a finance major in UG and took several accounting courses, I'm hoping to get to the advanced stuff pretty quickly.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg
Send PM
I just tried to join the Facebook Kellogg MBA Class of 2011. Do you have to be for sure going to be in the group? There's a good chance I'll be there in the fall, but I am not totally sure yet. Still waiting on financial aid/scholarships/other schools.
Director
Director
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Hey, I was looking at the Kellogg current student housing survey the other day and now I can't find where I saw it. Any help? It was an Excel file.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
pu2003 wrote:
I just tried to join the Facebook Kellogg MBA Class of 2011. Do you have to be for sure going to be in the group? There's a good chance I'll be there in the fall, but I am not totally sure yet. Still waiting on financial aid/scholarships/other schools.

I think there are a lot of students in multiple school groups, so I think it's okay. Etiquette seems to be that if you withdraw from a school, you also withdraw from the facebook group. :)
Director
Director
 Q48  V39
Send PM
jb32 wrote:
Hey, I was looking at the Kellogg current student housing survey the other day and now I can't find where I saw it. Any help? It was an Excel file.

Nevermind, I found it on the DAK page.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
jb32 wrote:
jb32 wrote:

What current student housing survey? Can you post the link?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Send PM
pu2003 wrote:

The group is open to any admitted students to any of the full-time MBA programs (2Y, 1Y, MMM, JD-MBA). It's a closed group, so I'm guessing that since it was Friday night the group admin was out drinking and just hasn't gotten around to your request to join yet.
Director
Director
 Q48  V39
Send PM
yellowjacket wrote:
jb32 wrote:
jb32 wrote:

Yellowjacket, go to the DAK information page on the admittd student website, then click on Housing Information on the lefthand side. You should see a link on the middle of the page that opens an excel file.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
jb32 wrote:
yellowjacket wrote:
jb32 wrote:

Yellowjacket, go to the DAK information page on the admittd student website, then click on Housing Information on the lefthand side. You should see a link on the middle of the page that opens an excel file.

Found it. Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  59