Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 10:25 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 10:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Ask MBA and Beyond Admissions Consulting [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hello bar8005

I hope you are doing well. Thank you for providing detailed information about your profile and aspirations. You have a compelling profile with a diverse range of experiences and achievements. Your unique background as a first-generation university graduate and your North African descent can add diversity to the MBA cohort, which is highly valued by top business schools. A GMAT score of 720 with a 3.7 GPA lands you in a decent position to apply for top B-schools. Your background and extracurricular experiences make you a unique and valuable candidate for these institutions. It's also worth considering other top-tier schools that have a focus on consulting and entrepreneurship, such as Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, and Kellogg, to broaden your options.

Three-Year Degree:
While some US schools prefer a four-year undergraduate degree, having a three-year degree should not be a significant issue for all institutions. Many top MBA programs consider applicants with three-year degrees, especially if you have strong academic performance and compelling work experience. Here is a list of schools that accept 3-year degree programs.

1. Harvard Business School (HBS)
2. Northwestern University (NU)
3. MIT Sloan School of Management
4. Dartmouth University
5. University of Chicago
6. U Penn University
7. Kellogg
8. Wharton
9. Stanford
10. Cornell (Johnson)
11. Columbia
12. Fuqua (duke)
13. Virginia
14. Southern California (Marshall)

Ideally, having relevant work experience at the time of application can be an advantage, but it's not an absolute requirement. Given your recent completion of a Data analysis course and your plan to enter the field, you can present this as a logical progression in your career. Admissions committees value a clear career trajectory and a well-thought-out plan for post-MBA goals. As long as you can demonstrate your potential and readiness for an MBA program, not currently working should not be a significant hindrance. Additionally, your international experiences and involvement in various extracurricular activities demonstrate leadership, adaptability, and a global mindset, all of which are attributes that MBA programs seek in their candidates.

Overall, your strong profile makes you a competitive applicant for top B-schools. Be sure to highlight your achievements, experiences, and the impact you've made in your roles throughout your application. Craft compelling essays that showcase your passion, aspirations, and how an MBA from their institution will help you achieve your goals.

Wishing you the best of luck as you pursue your MBA and future endeavors!

We offer a limited number of complimentary profile evaluations each week . We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools. In this call, the experts will try to dig out your USP for top B-schools and provide you with honest feedback on your profile and chances to your target schools.

Book a free profile evaluation call now!

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com
MBA and Beyond

bar8005 wrote:
Hello, I would appreciate your input on my profile and opinion on the most realistic schools for me to apply to.

· Demographics:
Israeli, Male, 30 years old

· Education:
Tel-Aviv University - Political science. My total grade was a 92%, which seems to roughly translate to 3.7 GPA if I am not mistaken. I Finished in the top 15 precent of my class (one point shy of graduating with distinction, unfortunately).

· Other coursework or post-undergraduate education:
I have just finished a Data analysis course and am looking for a job in the field. Part of my reason for choosing this path is to bolster the quantitative side of my application which I feel is lacking.

· GMAT:
720 (V42, Q47, IR 7, still waiting for the AWA score), first attempt.

· Work experience:
*I enlisted into the Israeli army at 18, went through Officers course and released at the rank of First Lieutenant after 4.5 years of service.

*During my time in Uni, I worked for the Tel-Aviv Uni student Union as the foreign relations coordinator, working with foreign students that came to study at the Uni and sending domestic students abroad. A highlight of my work was planning and executing a weeklong international event with visiting students from all over the world, from the ground up.

*After graduation, I Started working abroad for a government Organization, as a delegate at UC Berkeley, CA, for two years. I worked with Berkeley students, faculty, and other organizations such as the Israeli consulate. I Advised and supervised various student groups and individuals, and Managed content, finance, and logistics for projects on campus. That's where I met some MBA students that got me excited about the possibility of getting an MBA myself.

· Extracurricular activities:
*A diplomatic leadership fellowship which was quite selective, in which we focused on issues like geopolitics, public speaking and media training.

*I was also involved in in an organization that promoted international connections between Israel and Jewish diaspora and through that I had was given some interesting opportunities:
-Leadership seminar with students from across the globe.
-Interviewed the former Israeli consul in NY in front of a live audience.
-Was flown to an international convention in Washington D.C.

· Post-MBA goals:
Hoping to Get into Consulting or otherwise develop my business acumen, hopefully so that in the future I'll be able to bring it back and work with under-represented groups and small businesses in Israel and the Palestinian authority.

· Target schools:
Haas, NYU, Yale, Virginia Darden in the US, Oxford and Cambridge in the UK. I am mostly interested in US based schools and I'm very open to advice regarding other better fitting schools to further research.

· Other information relevant to your profile:
* First generation University graduate (in fact, also first high-school graduate, as my parents did not actually graduate from high-school)

* I volunteered for two months in Nepal as an English teacher after my army service.

*North African descent.

·Other questions:
*My university degree is only 3 years, and only recently I realized some American schools do not recognize 3-year degrees, how big of an issue is this? I was pretty stressed when I heard it, and unfortunately it seems that it's an Issue for Berkeley, which is one of my top picks.

*As I said, I am currently looking for work after a Data analytics course I took, how big of an issue is it that I am currently not working?

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
1. Can you review my profile and let me know what you think about it?
2. Can you recommend me schools that I should target based on my profile?

Demographics:
- Indian, Male, 25

Education:
- Dual Degree(B.Tech + M.Tech) in Electrical Engineering from IIT Bombay
- GPA: 8.83/10

GMAT: 760 (Q51 V42 IR8 AWA 5)

Work Experience (Total 4 years at matriculation):
- 1 year 8 months at Goldman Sachs in a Quant Strategist Role in Asset Management (Real Estate) | Promoted in a year
- 1 year 5 months at Wells Fargo in a Technology Role in Consumer Lending | Promoted in a year

Extracurricular Activities:
- CFA Charterholder
- Co-founder of a non-profit initiative that focuses on providing help to underprivileged families living in the slums of Mumbai
- Student Head of International Relations at IIT - Managed student exchange programs, international student delegations, language courses, and buddy programs.
- Strong International Experience during my undergrad at IIT ( Internships in Hong Kong, Canada; Semester Exchange Program in Denmark; Cultural Exchange Program in Indonesia )

Post MBA Goals
- Short Term: Transition into an Investment/Fund Management Role (hopefully focussed in Real Estate)
- Long Term: Come back to India and lead my family’s real estate development business which concentrates on low-income housing projects
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello shubhamg763,

Thank you for sharing your profile. I trust you're doing well. Your profile looks quite strong, and you have a good chance of being competitive at many top MBA programs. Being an Indian male, you belong to a highly competitive demographic, but your overall profile can help you stand out. Your dual degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) from IIT Bombay is a significant advantage. IITs are well-regarded worldwide for their academic rigor, and a strong GPA of 8.83/10 further strengthens your academic credentials. A GMAT score of 760 is excellent and will make you a competitive applicant at most top business schools.

Speaking about your work experience, your experience is impressive, especially considering your promotions. Two years of experience at well-known financial institutions like Goldman Sachs and Wells Fargo demonstrates your ability to excel in competitive and dynamic environments.

Coming to your ECs, your extracurricular involvement is diverse and shows leadership skills. Being a CFA Charterholder is a notable achievement in the finance field. Co-founding a non-profit initiative and your role as Student Head of International Relations at IIT demonstrate your commitment to social impact and leadership abilities. Your international experience during your undergrad is a plus, as it indicates your ability to adapt to diverse environments.

Your short-term and long-term goals are clear and realistic, and they align with your prior experience and your family's business. Admissions committees appreciate candidates with well-defined goals. Based on your profile and your interest in real estate, here are some schools you might consider targeting:

1. Harvard Business School: Known for its strong finance and entrepreneurship programs, HBS can provide you with a strong network and opportunities in real estate.

2. Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania: Wharton is renowned for its finance program and offers a Real Estate major. It's a great fit for your career goals.

3. Booth School of Business, University of Chicago: Chicago Booth has a strong finance reputation and offers a concentration in Real Estate.

4. Columbia Business School: Located in the heart of New York City, Columbia offers access to the real estate industry and has a Real Estate program.

5. Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University: Kellogg offers a Real Estate Pathway within its curriculum and is known for its strong finance program.

6. Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College: Tuck is known for its close-knit community and strong finance program, which can help you achieve your goals.

7. Sloan School of Management, MIT: MIT Sloan offers a track in Real Estate and has a strong finance faculty.

You stand a strong chance of getting accepted to the top B-schools. Remember to tailor your application essays to demonstrate why each school is the right fit for you.

Good luck with your MBA applications!

We offer a limited number of complimentary profile evaluations each week . We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools. In this call, the experts will try to dig out your USP for top B-schools and provide you with honest feedback on your profile and chances to your target schools.

Book a free profile evaluation call now!

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com
MBA and Beyond

shubhamg763 wrote:

Demographics:
- Indian, Male, 25

Education:

- 1 year 8 months at Goldman Sachs in a Quant Strategist Role in Asset Management (Real Estate) | Promoted in a year
- 1 year 5 months at Wells Fargo in a Technology Role in Consumer Lending | Promoted in a year

- CFA Charterholder
- Co-founder of a non-profit initiative that focuses on providing help to underprivileged families living in the slums of Mumbai
- Student Head of International Relations at IIT - Managed student exchange programs, international student delegations, language courses, and buddy programs.
- Strong International Experience during my undergrad at IIT ( Internships in Hong Kong, Canada; Semester Exchange Program in Denmark; Cultural Exchange Program in Indonesia )

Post MBA Goals
- Short Term: Transition into an Investment/Fund Management Role (hopefully focussed in Real Estate)
- Long Term: Come back to India and lead my family’s real estate development business which concentrates on low-income housing projects
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Hi shubhamg763
shubhamg763 wrote:

Demographics:
- Indian, Male, 25

Education:

Despite an over-represented demographic, you have differentiated yourself well with an IIT brand name, and a good CGPA.
A stellar GMAT score adds to your callibre.

shubhamg763 wrote:

WE incudes GS brand name, and a fast growth trajectory, adds invaluably to your profile.

shubhamg763 wrote:
- CFA Charterholder

Presented well, the combination above can really stand you out amongst the topmost applicants. Ensure to give it a leadership spin, along with a collaborative spirit.
The international experience will add to your exposure to diversity, and should again be woven in well into your story.

shubhamg763 wrote:
Post MBA Goals

While your ST aligns well with your GS experience, Consumer lending & Tech with Wells Fargo together can provide an immense boost, if presented appropriately.

You can make a good case for M7 (an other schools) with high scholarships; the key here would be the strength of your application, and how flattering your LORs come out to be.
Happy to help discuss the profile further over a call.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ready to conquer your INSEAD Round 2 application?

Join our exclusive online session: "Mastering Your INSEAD Round 2 Application: Insider Tips for the November 7 Deadline."

📅 Date: October 5 2023
⏰ Time: 9 PM IST| 11:30 AM ET

Don't miss this opportunity to gain invaluable insights from experts who have successfully navigated the INSEAD application process. Learn the secrets to crafting a standout application that sets you apart from the competition.

In this session, you will:

✅ Discover insider tips for acing your essays and interviews.
✅ Understand what INSEAD is really looking for in its applicants.
✅ Get expert advice on optimizing your resume and recommendations.
✅ Learn how to effectively communicate your unique story and experiences.
✅ Receive personalized feedback and guidance to boost your chances of acceptance.

Don't let the November 7 deadline catch you off guard! Secure your spot now and take the first step toward your dream of studying at one of the world's most prestigious business schools.

Limited seats are available. Reserve yours today! 🚀

REGISTER FOR THE SESSION HERE
Send PM
Expert Reply
PERFECTING YOUR MBA APPLICATION: EXPERT GUIDANCE FOR M7 ROUND 2 APPLICANTS

Hey Applicants,

Join us for this comprehensive webinar to excel in M7 Round 2 by gaining insights into navigating your MBA applications with confidence!

Agenda:

1. Navigating the M7 R2 Application Cycle: Round 2 dynamics and key differences from Round 1 for success.

2. Elevating Your Resume Game: Showcasing achievements for maximum impact and identifying common pitfalls with real-world examples.

3. Cracking Essay Prompts and Crafting Narratives: Deconstructing essay requirements and their subtleties.

4. Recommender Selection and Guidance: The art of choosing the right recommenders. Guidelines for securing strong letters of recommendation.

5. GMAT/GRE Mastery: Strategies for test excellence on the GMAT or GRE. Your GMAT/GRE roadmap to success.

6. Q&A and Next Steps: Open floor for participant questions. Guidance on planning your M7 R2 application journey.

One of our speakers, DR. VINITA SINGH is an experienced MBA Admissions Consultant since 2008. She brings over 14 years of educational expertise. Her impressive track record includes assisting hundreds of students in gaining admission to prestigious business schools like Oxford, INSEAD, LBS, and more. Dr. Singh's YouTube channel, MBA-Doctor-CTC, reflects her dedication to helping applicants succeed in various disciplines. Her individualized approach empowers students to present their credentials effectively, make informed career decisions, and succeed in securing admissions.

Our second speaker, NEIL CHONG is an MBA Admissions Consultant with 15 years of experience. He leverages his nontraditional MBA experience to help clients overcome application challenges and move off waitlists. While at USC Marshall, he served as an Ambassador for the MBA Admissions Committee, providing prospective applicants with support and guidance. With diverse experience in marketing, sales, and project management across various sectors, Neil specializes in advising older applicants, lower-ranked school graduates, and those on unconventional career paths, offering in-depth support and collaborative engagement for positive outcomes.

REGISTER FOR THE SESSION HERE

BOOK YOUR SPOT NOW!

MBA AND BEYOND
Send PM
Expert Reply
INSEAD Admissions and Scholarship Process

Are you planning to apply at INSEAD? Looking for scholarships to manage your finances?

Join us on a path to success with our captivating webinar. Increase your chances of success, acquire valuable insights for confidently navigating your MBA application, and stay ahead of deadlines with expert admission tips specifically designed for US B-Schools!

Agenda for the session:

Admissions Deconstructed: Explore INSEAD application components, understanding academic, work, and leadership significance.
Essay Excellence: Analyze essay prompts and themes, learn to create impactful essays with examples, and avoid common pitfalls.
Recommendation Roadmap: Understand the recommendation letter importance and get tips on choosing and preparing recommenders for INSEAD.
Interview Mastery: Decode the INSEAD interview format and questions and master strategies to showcase your fit with INSEAD's culture.
Scholarship Success: Explore INSEAD's scholarship opportunities, delve into selection criteria, and position yourself as a standout candidate.
Q&A and Next Steps: Open floor for participant questions and guidance on planning your INSEAD application journey.

Speakers for the session
1. ANDY FISCHTROM
Andy Fischtrom, former INSEAD Head of Student Life, leverages 20 years of experience and diverse career roles. Passionate about guiding MBA candidates, he emphasizes the transformative power of business school, stressing the lasting value of personal and professional connections forged during the MBA journey.

2. SANJNA DHINGRA
Sanjna, a student at INSEAD, brings with her a robust professional background in Risk Consulting at KPMG India. Sanjna has been instrumental in the development, strategic positioning, launch, and continuous improvement of various risk-focused products aimed at enhancing organizational processes.

REGISTER FOR THE SESSION HERE!

MBA and Beyond
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
Send PM
Hi guys! May I please request a profile evaluation for LBS and HEC Paris? My details are here - https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tra ... 53567.html
Send PM
Expert Reply
Effectively Framing Product Management and Consulting as Post-MBA Goals

Embark on a path to success with our captivating webinar. Elevate your application strategy, showcasing the perfect blend of skills and aspirations for success in the dynamic fields of Product Management and Consulting.

Join us for a transformative journey toward a standout MBA application.

Agenda:

1. Overview of the current trends and dynamics in Product Management and Consulting roles post-MBA.
2. Key components of effectively framing career aspirations.
3. Strategies for highlighting relevant skills and experiences that align with Product Management and Consulting roles.
4. Adapting your career goals for MBA applications.

Know Our Speakers
1. PRAVEG MAHESHWARI
Praveg is a passionate and results-driven professional with a strong computer science and business background. His MBA from INSEAD in addition to his experience at leading companies like Bain & Company and JP Morgan Chase has equipped him with the skills to create innovative solutions, drive digital transformation, and optimize product design across various industries.

2. KAUSTUBH KULKARNI
Kaustubh Kulkarni is a Senior Product Manager at Amazon in the Customer Experience team, where he builds products to delight customers and make shopping easier for them. He did his MBA from Insead, France, before joining Amazon. Kaustubh also co-founded a B2B e-commerce startup which was absorbed by a fintech scaleup.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE SESSION
Send PM
Expert Reply
­Congratulations on taking the plunge into the exciting world of MBA applications! 

While the potential rewards of an MBA are undeniable, the price tag can be daunting. Fear not, future business leaders!  We will equip you with the knowledge and strategies to effectively manage your MBA expenses, allowing you to focus on acing the GMAT and building a stellar application.

1. Budgeting for Success

The cornerstone of financial management is a well-crafted budget. Start by identifying all your potential expenses, including tuition, living costs, travel, and course materials. Research average costs for your target schools and factor in your desired lifestyle. 

2. Exploring Funding Avenues

Scholarships and fellowships can significantly reduce your financial burden. Research programs offered by your target schools, professional organizations, and even your employer. Pursue scholarships that align with your academic background, career goals, or unique experiences. Remember, a compelling application can turn the tide in your favor.

3. Loan Options and Considerations

Student loans are a viable financing option for many MBA students. Explore federal and private loan options, carefully comparing interest rates and repayment terms. Remember, student loans are an investment, so prioritize schools with strong career placement records.

Join our FREE Webinar!

Ready to delve deeper into conquering MBA costs? Join our upcoming FREE webinar where successful MBA applicants, Prerna Nathani and Taylor Fucci, will share their winning strategies for managing finances.

1. Prerna Nathani, with a 700 GMAT, secured scholarships to prestigious programs like IESE & Cambridge Judge.

2. Taylor Fucci, with a 620 GMAT, landed admits with scholarships from top schools like Cornell, UNC & Emory.

Learn from their experiences and gain valuable insights from our expert speakers.  Register now and take control of your MBA finances!

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE SESSION

Space is limited, so don't delay!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6