GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jul 2018, 01:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Booth or Stern for a career in Finance (likely investment banking)?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q40 V34
GPA: 3.38
Booth or Stern for a career in Finance (likely investment banking)? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 08:09
I was waitlisted at Booth for R1 and just received a call from adcom. I was admitted to Stern R1. I'm hoping to go to a bulge bracket or elite boutique post MBA for investment banking. I didn't receive financial aid from either schools. I am in a relationship and currently live in New York with my partner; moving to Chicago will put a strain on the relationship. All that aside, I've visited both schools and liked my time at both but Booth was higher up on my list when I started the application process. Specifically for finance / investment banking, is Booth significantly better than Stern? Please help!
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7
Re: Booth or Stern for a career in Finance (likely investment banking)? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 11:27
happygolucky1025 wrote:
I was waitlisted at Booth for R1 and just received a call from adcom. I was admitted to Stern R1. I'm hoping to go to a bulge bracket or elite boutique post MBA for investment banking. I didn't receive financial aid from either schools. I am in a relationship and currently live in New York with my partner; moving to Chicago will put a strain on the relationship. All that aside, I've visited both schools and liked my time at both but Booth was higher up on my list when I started the application process. Specifically for finance / investment banking, is Booth significantly better than Stern? Please help!

No, the difference is not that significant.
If IBD is where you see yourself, you would do absolutely great at Stern as well. It's on the quant buy-side where Booth might open a few additional doors, that's about it.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Booth or Stern for a career in Finance (likely investment banking)? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 05:55
happygolucky1025 wrote:

I did investment banking pre-MBA at a bulge bracket. You'll have a shot from Stern. We did MBA OCR and you can always network from NYC. That being said, for whatever reason our recruiting team / MDs were hungry for M7 MBAs. I remember my VPs wining and dining a Booth candidate in particular; the school had a good reputation at our firm. The issue is that we'd always lose them to elite boutiques or Goldman/MS.
Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2018, 09:13
happygolucky1025 wrote:

I agree that while the prestige factor at Booth is a little better-- there are LOTS of very successful Stern ibankers so you definitely can have success from Stern-- plus you will be local to many banks and can network while in school. If you have personal reasons for Stern I think you can feel good about your choice!

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Re: Booth or Stern for a career in Finance (likely investment banking)?   [#permalink] 23 Mar 2018, 09:13

Booth or Stern for a career in Finance (likely investment banking)?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: rohan2345

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap