GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 24 Apr 2018, 03:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Booth or Tuck ($)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Booth or Tuck ($)

• 62% [5]
  • 37% [3]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Consulting (Insurance)
GMAT ToolKit User
Booth or Tuck ($) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2017, 07:27
Booth or Tuck with 20k/yr? Post MBA I'm aiming for MBB consulting, and maybe eventual work abroad in Asia x years down the road. I really liked both communities when I visited, and am really torn.

Similarities:
- Both are really good for consulting placements, I'm not sure there's a strong difference between the two.
- Awful cold winter at both

Pro Booth:
- More name recognition, especially abroad (?) I'm not sure about this, and whether it's because the Tuck alum base is smaller abroad or is actually the case.
- More options in case I decide not to go the consulting route, esp as the school has a strong shift to entrepreneurship, social impact in addition to finance
- Academics and faculty are amazing; flexible curriculum
- More students, so if I don't click with all my classmates at Tuck, I can create my own circle
- In a city. I don't mind spending two years away from a city, actually quite sick of city life at NYC - but who knows if it'll hold a year down the road

Pro Tuck:
- Stronger (arguably) community
- Extremely loyal alum base
- I love the outdoors, although not sure I would have the opp to really enjoy between classes/networking
- Tuck has more international classroom experience. Booth only has treks/random walk as opportunities to travel abroad.
- I would get to know everyone, something that's kind of rare for me since I've been sort of just moving around my whole life
- 40k post tax, while not a lot in light of the 200k MBA price tag, is nevertheless nontrivial
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Booth or Tuck ($) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2017, 07:42
Congrats on your amazing admit success! Fully agree with your analysis.

Booth due to its larger class size will enjoy more employers on campus and more recruiting events.

Tuck is more remote. There are pros and cons. You do bond as the result. However, if you are international or travel in and out a lot, Booth is easier and better. Most Booth students live downtown, I believe the Aqua building was the biggest congregation of students (half hour commute to school) but it may have changed now. I really like Chicago and its vibrant energy. Another advantage you get from being in Chicago is you can stay in the same city you go to school and there is a very large Booth network in the city. At the same time the alum base is much bigger at Booth which usually means it is much looser and less helpful (my opinion).

Booth does support more career tracks than Tuck but Tuck is a very focused and determined mba experience. Diff program sizes that come with their own benefits (as mentioned before).

I feel most people on GMAT Club are eneamoured with Tuck. Curious what you end up doing.

Congrats on an amazing job!

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Which School to Choose Forum Moderator
S
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.75
Re: Booth or Tuck ($) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2017, 13:32
unless you fell in love with tuck and can't imagine going anywhere else (which it doesn't sound is the case), I'd go to Booth for the reasons you mentioned.
Re: Booth or Tuck ($)   [#permalink] 16 Dec 2017, 13:32

Booth or Tuck ($)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Wilch, teleste, jessepinkman

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap