GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 04 Apr 2020, 01:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Booth (with $$$) vs MIT Sloan???

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 May 2016
Posts: 3
Booth (with $$$) vs MIT Sloan???  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2016, 13:00
Hello, I'm having a hard time deciding on which school to go to next fall and I would appreciate some insights.

I got offers from Chicago Booth (with around 50% tuition scholarship) and MIT Sloan (without money).

My career goal is to make a career change from IB to PE.

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Posts: 147
Schools: Yale '18 (M)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Booth (with $$$) vs MIT Sloan???  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2016, 19:04
I think this one is a no brainer. Take the money at Booth and run.
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 19457
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Booth (with $$$) vs MIT Sloan???  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2016, 21:43
vgl2018 wrote:
Hello, I'm having a hard time deciding on which school to go to next fall and I would appreciate some insights.

I got offers from Chicago Booth (with around 50% tuition scholarship) and MIT Sloan (without money).

My career goal is to make a career change from IB to PE.

Thank you!


You feel Sloan is much better at PE than Booth?
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 May 2016
Posts: 3
Re: Booth (with $$$) vs MIT Sloan???  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2016, 07:54
bb wrote:
vgl2018 wrote:
Hello, I'm having a hard time deciding on which school to go to next fall and I would appreciate some insights.

I got offers from Chicago Booth (with around 50% tuition scholarship) and MIT Sloan (without money).

My career goal is to make a career change from IB to PE.

Thank you!


You feel Sloan is much better at PE than Booth?


BB, I know getting a PE job will demand a lot of work from myself at any of the schools. Based on my talks, I think Booth has a slight advantage on the sector though. Going to both admitted weekends, I identified more with Sloan's culture, though...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 May 2016
Posts: 3
Re: Booth (with $$$) vs MIT Sloan???  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2016, 09:26
Wilch wrote:
I think this one is a no brainer. Take the money at Booth and run.

Why do you think it is a no brainer?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2014
Posts: 52
GPA: 3.5
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Booth (with $$$) vs MIT Sloan???  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2016, 10:49
vgl2018 wrote:
Wilch wrote:
I think this one is a no brainer. Take the money at Booth and run.

Why do you think it is a no brainer?

Posted from my mobile device


Because half scholarship at a top 10 mba school that also does really well in PE (the only ones better are HBS and probably wharton). I'd say for your goals specifically, it's pretty much a no brainer as well.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Posts: 147
Schools: Yale '18 (M)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Booth (with $$$) vs MIT Sloan???  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2016, 10:06
1
vgl2018 wrote:
Wilch wrote:
I think this one is a no brainer. Take the money at Booth and run.

Why do you think it is a no brainer?

Posted from my mobile device


Unless OP has significant ties to Boston or Sloan, or is planning to work in Boston, these are both spectacular schools that'll open many doors.

These are essentially peer schools, so I think the scholarship makes this an easy choice.

Posted from my mobile device
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
User avatar
G
Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Posts: 2763
Re: Booth (with $$$) vs MIT Sloan???  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2016, 17:18
Peer schools, follow the money here. Booth will get you to where you need and for less money. Don't overthink this one
_________________
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Booth (with $$$) vs MIT Sloan???   [#permalink] 24 May 2016, 17:18
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Booth (with $$$) vs MIT Sloan???

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne