It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 19:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 1

Schools: Ross '10
Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2008, 12:30
This thread may shed some additional light into the marketing job scene.

97-t30125

Shared Folders wrote:
Why? I supposed that Ross is very strong in marketing and marketing placement is not very competitive as IB and MC.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2008, 12:44
ncprasad wrote:
This thread may shed some additional light into the marketing job scene.

http://www.gmatclub.com/forum/97-t30125

Shared Folders wrote:
Why? I supposed that Ross is very strong in marketing and marketing placement is not very competitive as IB and MC.

Sorry, but I couldnt find anything related to marketing job scene in this thread. May be there is a mistake in link?

SVP
SVP

Schools: Ross '10

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2008, 12:59
The thread talks about HR and how HR needs a local outlook to be successful similar to marketing.

I should have made it more clear. My apologies.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2008, 13:15
ncprasad wrote:
The thread talks about HR and how HR needs a local outlook to be successful similar to marketing.

I should have made it more clear. My apologies.

OK. No worries. :-D

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Schools: University of Michigan - Ross 2010

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2008, 14:54
Take it for what it's worth : the 411 site is listing 3 more interviews with February dates. The applicants are American and have GMAT scores of 710,720,720.

Once again, I don't know how solid that site is considering the fact that they have two people claiming interviews at MIT for R2, whereas MIT emailed everyone today saying that the inteview invites will start going out early March! Go figure...

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Schools: Cornell, Duke, Kellogg, Ross
WE 1: 5

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2008, 18:27
yeah..i am not really sure about admissions411.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2008, 20:03
I wouldn't trust the data on admissions411. A lot of people post their profiles only after they have interviews or have been admitted.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2008, 09:46
why is the mich thread so quite. i am worried by no updates from ross recently. no application complete emails, no new invites. looks like the adcom is taking its own sweet time. any updates people ?

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2008, 09:58
Quote:
A lot of people post their profiles only after they have interviews or have been admitted.

I second that. Plus a lot of "hard to beleive" reports (i.e. the MIT interview phenomena mentioned before)

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2008, 10:40
pandeyrav wrote:
why is the mich thread so quite. i am worried by no updates from ross recently. no application complete emails, no new invites. looks like the adcom is taking its own sweet time. any updates people ?

45 days to countdown. then it will be very very active believe me :)

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2008, 00:23
The question for international applicants who has taken TOEFL.
How many days did it take for your score to arrive to schools? I have taken TOEFL on Dec 12, but yesterday Ross adcom informed me that they still have not received my results. It seems very strange, because almost 2 months have passed already.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2008, 16:40
pandeyrav wrote:

yeah it is getting pretty quiet around here :) not many things are going on at Ross right now, just a few interview invites per week :). I think people have started to focus on other schools for the time being, schools that are more active right now.

I am in Tuck universe right now :) because I just got my interview invite from there and I have been preparing for the interview

GO BLUE !!!

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2008, 19:23
Good luck Darden 2010. Alright, now to spice things up a little. I received an e-mail from Ross that contained a message from the Director of Admissions. Apparently, the class of 2010 is shaping up to be the strongest ever with an average GMAT of 709 and average work experience of 5 years. Some of the highlights of the class of 2010 include:

A graduate of TOPGUN (Navy Fighter Weapons School) who’s also a volunteer
coach for the Special Olympics
An equity analyst in New York who was a former Fulbright Fellow appointed by Dr.
Jane Goodall to revitalize an eco-humanitarian program in Bolivia
A program director for the Peace Corps’ first environmental program in Peru
A hedge fund sales associate who was tapped by the President of Australia’s
Women’s Ice Hockey Program to assist in developing a national ice hockey program
A former Air Force civil engineer turned financial consultant with improv training at
Chicago’s famed Second City
An amateur actor who performed in a play for an audience of 5,000 at Madison
Garden Theater on New Year’s Eve

Some pretty accomplished people. I am glad I got in. :-D

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2008, 01:23
Really impressive profiles in terms of diversity. Do you think that raise of average GMAT score is only Ross phenomena? I have applied with 680, awa 5.0, so have some worries about this.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 3

WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2008, 05:55
Shared Folders wrote:
Really impressive profiles in terms of diversity. Do you think that raise of average GMAT score is only Ross phenomena? I have applied with 680, awa 5.0, so have some worries about this.

Honestly, I believe that the GMAT is slowly declining in its importance in the application process. Among all the things required - the essays, the recs, the interview, ECs, etc - the GMAT is definitely, IMHO, the least important. If you are over the threshold (not the school average), you are fine. Of course, for Indians the 'threshold' is a little (OK, a lot) higher. But then again, if you have great essays with some great stories, even an Indian male can make it into a top program with a sub-700.

Disclaimer: Applicant view.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 3

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2008, 07:20
KingKREEP wrote:
Honestly, I believe that the GMAT is slowly declining in its importance in the application process. Among all the things required - the essays, the recs, the interview, ECs, etc - the GMAT is definitely, IMHO, the least important. If you are over the threshold (not the school average), you are fine. Of course, for Indians the 'threshold' is a little (OK, a lot) higher. But then again, if you have great essays with some great stories, even an Indian male can make it into a top program with a sub-700.
Disclaimer: Applicant view.

To an extent I agree, but I think the importance of the GMAT varies with the school you apply to. The Ultra-elites and the Elites have numerous applicants with really high GMAT scores and can therefore afford to accept students with not so great GMATs, but excellent extras and work experience. They can maintain the high GMAT averages, which help with rankings and reputation surveys, while still ensuring that the class has significant diversity. The schools with lower ranked programs need people with high GMATs to help rise in the rankings. GMAT scores, academics and years of work experience are easily presented as statistics which is not the case for essays and accomplishments. Alright, I am stopping myself before this turns into an incomprehensible rant. KK's disclaimer applies to this post as well :-D .

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2008, 08:58
Quote:
To an extent I agree, but I think the importance of the GMAT varies with the school you apply to. The Ultra-elites and the Elites have numerous applicants with really high GMAT scores and can therefore afford to accept students with not so great GMATs, but excellent extras and work experience. They can maintain the high GMAT averages, which help with rankings and reputation surveys, while still ensuring that the class has significant diversity. The schools with lower ranked programs need people with high GMATs to help rise in the rankings. GMAT scores, academics and years of work experience are easily presented as statistics which is not the case for essays and accomplishments.

Clobo, it seems like you are my "opinion twin" on this subject. I'd second your comments word by word. :good

-manylander-

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2008, 09:11
clobo wrote:
To an extent I agree, but I think the importance of the GMAT varies with the school you apply to. The Ultra-elites and the Elites have numerous applicants with really high GMAT scores and can therefore afford to accept students with not so great GMATs, but excellent extras and work experience. They can maintain the high GMAT averages, which help with rankings and reputation surveys, while still ensuring that the class has significant diversity. The schools with lower ranked programs need people with high GMATs to help rise in the rankings. GMAT scores, academics and years of work experience are easily presented as statistics which is not the case for essays and accomplishments. Alright, I am stopping myself before this turns into an incomprehensible rant. KK's disclaimer applies to this post as well :-D .

If we consider Ross as a Elite school, my chances here with 680 GMAT seems not so bad then :) Thank you very much for this positive view.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2008, 09:34
Shared Folders wrote:
If we consider Ross as a Elite school, my chances here with 680 GMAT seems not so bad then :) Thank you very much for this positive view.

Absolutely Shared Folders!! As an example, nc, dosa, and I have a GMAT score of 760, but the Ross average is 709. The average is lower than our score because some students with high 600 scores like yours were admitted, proving that the GMAT is only one facet of an application that Adcoms consider. I am sure you will do just fine.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2008, 09:37
manylander wrote:
Clobo, it seems like you are my "opinion twin" on this subject. I'd second your comments word by word. :good
-manylander-

LOL manylander!! Lets co-ordinate then so that only one of us posts

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants...   [#permalink] 02 Feb 2008, 09:37

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  59   60   61   62   63  ...  104    Next  [ 2061 posts ] 

Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: aeropower, OasisGC, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap