GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 17 Jan 2020, 20:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!

Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:07
WL. Tough week for me. Booth was my dream school and words cannot even describe how I feel.
Current Student
Schools: Stern '13

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:08
Waitlist.... Yawn....
Intern
Intern
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.74

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:09
Waitlist. Actually excited about it. Best possible outcome after yesterday.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:10
Waitlist here as well.

Gmatclub Owns the waitlist. I kinda expected this, but it doesnt make it any easier.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:11
Rhyme, since you've been following these threads for a long time, what is the advice you can give to the waitlisted candidates in terms of the next steps?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:12
Waitlisted. Better than a ding but the uncertainty is painful.

Any idea on how many people moved from waitlist to admit last year?

Now for R2 applications. Sigh
Intern
Intern
Schools: Col ED, Booth, NYU

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:14
Dinged!! 2 down, 1 to go. Time to start drafting my "Zero admits club" post. =)

Congrats to all who got in. And good luck to the waitlisters, there's still hope for you guys.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Johnson
WE 1: IB-4 years

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:18
Let's hope the quality of applicants for R2 isn't as high, because you can add me to the waitlist. For me, it definitely lifts my spirits up from the agony of yesterday. I definitely felt like an underdog going in, and I consider it a victory that I feel like I still have a fighting (albeit small from what I've read) chance. Seems like a lot of people on here got on the waitlist, or that the people who got denied just don't want to post. I'd be the same way. Well good luck to everyone and I'm relieved I don't have to constantly hit the refresh button for this site anymore.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:23
energyanalyst wrote:
Waitlisted here. Anybody been through the waitlist process before? Any advice or tips? On a side note... it seems like GC got slaughtered this year, looking through the admits and the list of interview invites. Has Booth become more competitive year on year?

I think it probably has something to do with its #1 Ranking in BW, may have received higher volume/more competitive applicants.

Waitlisted for me, good luck to everyone.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:36
DENIED :(
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:37
Applicant from India. I am waitlisted
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:38
Waitlist letter for those interested:

Dear XXXXXX,

Your application to the University of Chicago Booth School of Business has received the careful consideration of our Admissions Committee. While we are impressed with your application, we are unable to provide you with a final decision at this time and will place you on our waitlist for future consideration. I want to assure you that being placed on the waitlist signals our sincere interest in your candidacy.

This year, our admissions process was highly competitive. While Chicago Booth is grateful to have so many talented students seeking to join us in Fall 2011, we are simply not able to admit all of our most qualified candidates at this time.

During the coming months, the Committee will review waitlist candidates for admission as a part of our Round 2 evaluation process. Decisions will be released as part of our Round 2 process on March 16th. While we hope to enroll as many waitlist candidates as we can at that point, the possibility does exist that some students will continue to be on the waitlist into the next application round.

You are more than welcome to visit Chicago Booth at any time, though this is not necessary and will not directly impact your admission decision. In the meantime, we ask that you stay in touch should you choose to make other plans and no longer wish to be considered for a spot in the Class of 2013.

As we continue with the Admissions process for Fall 2011, please contact our office directly via e-mail regarding any questions you may have. We appreciate your patience during this process and wish you the best.

Sincerely,

Kurt Ahlm
Senior Director of Admissions
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross(R1 Admit),Harvard(R2 Ding), Wharton(R2), Booth(R1WL), Kellogg(R1 ding)
WE 1: Management Consulting

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:39
I am witlisted... dunno whether to feel happy or sad...
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Other (Other)

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:44
Hi all,

Also waitlisted. This is going to be an agonizing next three months.

It appears that we have 20 W/L (including myself) and 10 dings so far; judging from this, I'm wondering how large the waitlist will be.. It doesn't seem too promising for our chances with a waitlist that seems to be so large.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:46
another waitlisted here
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:48
Waitlisted too... is everyone just waitlisted??

Pretty disappointed, I had a great interview... dont think I can wait till March 15th
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:53
As previously mentioned, Dinged. I saw a few negative reactions on the board. Thought I could share something

Quote:
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

As i previously said, Onward Ho, Gladiators!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:56
mehtap3 wrote:

Pretty disappointed, I had a great interview... dont think I can wait till March 15th

A lot of dings are probably not posting their dings due to anger/frustration/lack of care. It's typical for a school to waitlist as many applicants as it admits, so it shouldn't be a surprise to get many waitlisters. Our problem is though, to rise above an already qualified pool of applicants. If they admit 50 waitlisters per year, and they have 500 waitlisted, that's pretty awful odds considering all 500 waitlisters are already deemed 'qualified'.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 09:04
cwhs wrote:
mehtap3 wrote:

A lot of dings are probably not posting their dings due to anger/frustration/lack of care. It's typical for a school to waitlist as many applicants as it admits, so it shouldn't be a surprise to get many waitlisters. Our problem is though, to rise above an already qualified pool of applicants. If they admit 50 waitlisters per year, and they have 500 waitlisted, that's pretty awful odds considering all 500 waitlisters are already deemed 'qualified'.

According to last year's thread, nearly half of the R1 waitlists were eventually admitted.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth R1 (WL), NYU R1 (WL), Kellogg JD/MBA R2, Tepper R2, Ross R2 (admit)
WE 1: Mortgage

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 09:07
That gives us some hope....but then again over half of those interviewed last year were admitted, which does not correlate much to this year.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!   [#permalink] 15 Dec 2010, 09:07

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  61   62   63   64   65  ...  185    Next  [ 3693 posts ] 

Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!

Update application status  

Moderators: ambera33, carbazzy, fatmike