GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 22 Jan 2020, 12:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!

Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 09:13
cwhs wrote:
mehtap3 wrote:
Waitlisted too... is everyone just waitlisted??

Pretty disappointed, I had a great interview... dont think I can wait till March 15th

A lot of dings are probably not posting their dings due to anger/frustration/lack of care. It's typical for a school to waitlist as many applicants as it admits, so it shouldn't be a surprise to get many waitlisters. Our problem is though, to rise above an already qualified pool of applicants. If they admit 50 waitlisters per year, and they have 500 waitlisted, that's pretty awful odds considering all 500 waitlisters are already deemed 'qualified'.

500 waitlists?! That's insane. Where did you get this figure from?

Add me to the W/L list.
Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2012

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 09:15
Congrats to all the admits! You're in for an amazing experience. Now go sign up for admit weekend as soon as it becomes available.

Good luck to the dings. Pretty much everyone gets at least one ding and most of us get lots of them.

As for you R1 WL's, I'm not involved in this part of admissions, but based on conversations with my classmates it looks like a pretty good place to be. If Booth is really where you want to be next year, I think it pays to show them some love. Last year on the day I interviewed (R2) there was a married couple from Europe on the R1 WL who had flown in to visit and meet with an admissions officer to express their interest. They were admitted with me in R2 and I see them on a regular basis. I'm not saying that is what everyone should do or that it's some guaranteed trick...perhaps it's coincidence, but figured I'd share.
Current Student
Schools: Stern '13

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 09:18
stormbringer wrote:
cwhs wrote:
mehtap3 wrote:
Waitlisted too... is everyone just waitlisted??

Pretty disappointed, I had a great interview... dont think I can wait till March 15th

A lot of dings are probably not posting their dings due to anger/frustration/lack of care. It's typical for a school to waitlist as many applicants as it admits, so it shouldn't be a surprise to get many waitlisters. Our problem is though, to rise above an already qualified pool of applicants. If they admit 50 waitlisters per year, and they have 500 waitlisted, that's pretty awful odds considering all 500 waitlisters are already deemed 'qualified'.

500 waitlists?! That's insane. Where did you get this figure from?

Add me to the W/L list.

I didn't get it anywhere. I've seen similar numbers for different schools through BW, Booth doesn't publish their numbers, but from the looks of it, I wouldn't be too far off. The 500 waitlisters would be a combination of all the rounds though. Our round is probably more like 200.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 09:20
shana22 wrote:
Congrats to all the admits! You're in for an amazing experience. Now go sign up for admit weekend as soon as it becomes available.

Good luck to the dings. Pretty much everyone gets at least one ding and most of us get lots of them.

As for you R1 WL's, I'm not involved in this part of admissions, but based on conversations with my classmates it looks like a pretty good place to be. If Booth is really where you want to be next year, I think it pays to show them some love. Last year on the day I interviewed (R2) there was a married couple from Europe on the R1 WL who had flown in to visit and meet with an admissions officer to express their interest. They were admitted with me in R2 and I see them on a regular basis. I'm not saying that is what everyone should do or that it's some guaranteed trick...perhaps it's coincidence, but figured I'd share.

Hi shana, the waitlist letter specifically says that a visit will not impact your decision. But then again, of all the things, why are they mentioning a visit?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 09:21
Lista de espera.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA

Show Tags

Does anyone know how many people typically were placed on WL and how many of them actually got admits eventually? I don't think the odds are any good but still it's something to know.

R2 here I come!
Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2012

Show Tags

cwhs wrote:
shana22 wrote:

Hi shana, the waitlist letter specifically says that a visit will not impact your decision. But then again, of all the things, why are they mentioning a visit?

Ha! Shows how much I know. I would take them at their word and show love in a more conventional way (update letter?).
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 09:26
Waitlisted also. Brazilian candidate.... Very frustrating....
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 09:40
Waitlist !!

The FAQ's in the waitlist letter mentions that Booth is 'happy to accept' additional materials that would go into your file. Any suggestions on what additional materials could be submitted. I was thinking of another recommendation.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2013

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 09:49
does anyone know when admitted students have to reply back on whether they are attending or not? Is it in March 2011 or later? I'm just wondering if the deadline is before I will hear back from my R2 schools. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 10:34
Dinged :(
Strange... I thought my interview went really well and my interviewer said "hope to see you here next fall" followed up with a lengthy and positive reply to my thank you note!!
Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD Class of J'12

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 11:07
Dinged. Tough to digest but I guess "Applicant pool looks very strong" ...

Other schools.. here I come
Intern
Intern
Schools: UCLA (in w/$$), USC (in), Booth (w/l-ding)

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 11:12
Waitlisted as well.

Not very optimistic. Time to start working on my R2 applications.
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Manufacturing
WE 2: Analytics

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 11:54
Waitlisted...better than getting dinged...

Rhyme ---> helpppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! next stepsssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!! :) ...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 12:13
I'll type up some waitlist help tomorrow if i get a chance.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth (R1 - WL, Admit)
WE 1: Trading Strategy, S&T @ Supermajor

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 12:30
rhyme wrote:
I'll type up some waitlist help tomorrow if i get a chance.

Rhyme, you are definitely living up to your 'GmatClub Legend' status today. 8-)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 12:38
Question for the admits, when do you have to submit your deposit and accept your admisison offer by?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 12:48
Noob question : Considering the zillion waitlists, is there any hope for R2 applicants? Thanks.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 12:55
occamsrazor wrote:
Noob question : Considering the zillion waitlists, is there any hope for R2 applicants? Thanks.

You'll certainly be considered before the waitlists. In my opinion.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2010, 13:05
cwhs wrote:
occamsrazor wrote:

You'll certainly be considered before the waitlists. In my opinion.

I'd say it's probably a level playing field. I don't know why admissions would give preference to someone just because they applied on a different date. I think we waitlisters are essentially just R2 applicants at this point.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!   [#permalink] 15 Dec 2010, 13:05

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  62   63   64   65   66  ...  185    Next  [ 3693 posts ] 

Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!

Update application status  

Moderators: ambera33, carbazzy, fatmike