GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 10 Dec 2019, 09:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!

  post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 233
Location: United States (MN)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2010, 15:43
1
mbaapp07 wrote:

Well, I guess you could submit the $1000 deposit and go to the HBS admit weekend. If you decide to go to Harvard, you'll be out of $1k, but in the long run that's probably not that big of a deal.


Well the issue is more that it is a commitment to the school that I'd be attending. Ethically, it wouldn't feel right to accept and then recind. Fortunately I have visited both schools already so I think I just have to think it over with close family and friends and make the choice. At least I have a couple months to think it over.
_________________
FindIt - http://www.getfindit.com

My blog - http://www.shoescount.com
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Posts: 80
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2010, 15:48
eskimoroll wrote:
mbaapp07 wrote:

Well, I guess you could submit the $1000 deposit and go to the HBS admit weekend. If you decide to go to Harvard, you'll be out of $1k, but in the long run that's probably not that big of a deal.


Well the issue is more that it is a commitment to the school that I'd be attending. Ethically, it wouldn't feel right to accept and then recind. Fortunately I have visited both schools already so I think I just have to think it over with close family and friends and make the choice. At least I have a couple months to think it over.


Agreed regarding the ethics. Good luck with your decision. You certainly can't go wrong at either school.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 158
Schools: Booth R1 (WL), NYU R1 (WL), Kellogg JD/MBA R2, Tepper R2, Ross R2 (admit)
WE 1: Mortgage
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2010, 15:55
1
eskimoroll wrote:
mbaapp07 wrote:

Well, I guess you could submit the $1000 deposit and go to the HBS admit weekend. If you decide to go to Harvard, you'll be out of $1k, but in the long run that's probably not that big of a deal.


Well the issue is more that it is a commitment to the school that I'd be attending. Ethically, it wouldn't feel right to accept and then recind. Fortunately I have visited both schools already so I think I just have to think it over with close family and friends and make the choice. At least I have a couple months to think it over.



Man what a fantastic problem to have. My vote is for Harvard, so it would open up a spot for one of us poor waitlisters!
Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 302
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2010, 15:56
wmcrockett wrote:
eskimoroll wrote:
mbaapp07 wrote:

Well, I guess you could submit the $1000 deposit and go to the HBS admit weekend. If you decide to go to Harvard, you'll be out of $1k, but in the long run that's probably not that big of a deal.


Well the issue is more that it is a commitment to the school that I'd be attending. Ethically, it wouldn't feel right to accept and then recind. Fortunately I have visited both schools already so I think I just have to think it over with close family and friends and make the choice. At least I have a couple months to think it over.



Man what a fantastic problem to have. My vote is for Harvard, so it would open up a spot for one of us poor waitlisters!


Ha ha, amen to that!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 233
Location: United States (MN)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2010, 16:00
1
wmcrockett wrote:
eskimoroll wrote:
mbaapp07 wrote:

Well, I guess you could submit the $1000 deposit and go to the HBS admit weekend. If you decide to go to Harvard, you'll be out of $1k, but in the long run that's probably not that big of a deal.


Well the issue is more that it is a commitment to the school that I'd be attending. Ethically, it wouldn't feel right to accept and then recind. Fortunately I have visited both schools already so I think I just have to think it over with close family and friends and make the choice. At least I have a couple months to think it over.



Man what a fantastic problem to have. My vote is for Harvard, so it would open up a spot for one of us poor waitlisters!


Definitely! I'm very fortunate to have got in at three dream schools. At the end of the day, I can only attend one so two other people will get to attend an amazing school which I think is great.
_________________
FindIt - http://www.getfindit.com

My blog - http://www.shoescount.com
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 156
Location: Brazil
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V46
GMAT 2: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2010, 16:01
1
eskimoroll wrote:
mbaapp07 wrote:

Well, I guess you could submit the $1000 deposit and go to the HBS admit weekend. If you decide to go to Harvard, you'll be out of $1k, but in the long run that's probably not that big of a deal.


Well the issue is more that it is a commitment to the school that I'd be attending. Ethically, it wouldn't feel right to accept and then recind. Fortunately I have visited both schools already so I think I just have to think it over with close family and friends and make the choice. At least I have a couple months to think it over.


I don't think it's unethical, personally. If you were in an early-decision/early-action thing, absolutely. But the schools know about the timing that decisions are released--if you think about it, Booth's 1st deposit date is before nearly all R2 decisions are released--by your logic anyone who's admitted to Booth in R1 shouldn't apply to any school in R2, which I don't think anyone would say that's what they agreed to. I think Booth has two deposits to kind of gauge their yield from R1 before they have to release R2 decisions.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 57
Schools: Kellogg, Booth
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2010, 00:23
Wow. It seems like a lot of people hit the waitlist. It must be a very competitive year. Good luck guys.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jul 2010
Posts: 35
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2010, 00:36
Hi, anybody from India planning to attend the Admit Weekend in Feb? I am, and it'll be great if we can get in touch..thanks :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Nov 2009
Posts: 106
WE 1: Manufacturing
WE 2: Analytics
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2010, 03:31
@mandy -- i think most of the indians got WLed..else it wud ve been great meeting the future classmates :( ...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2010
Posts: 3
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2010, 07:58
Mandy4983 wrote:
Hi, anybody from India planning to attend the Admit Weekend in Feb? I am, and it'll be great if we can get in touch..thanks :)

Mandy,

Indian Applicant. Planning on attending the admit weekend in Feb. We should plan a gmat clubbers outing :-D
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5916
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2010, 08:00
Any washington DC / Virginia / Maryland admits?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Posts: 43
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2010, 08:04
I think there was 1. There were several DC area WLs. Myself included.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5916
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2010, 08:07
MBABound11 wrote:
I think there was 1. There were several DC area WLs. Myself included.


That sucks. I wonder if I interviewed any of the DC/MD/VA WL/admits.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Posts: 43
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2010, 08:12
I went to campus and have a 2nd year.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Mar 2009
Posts: 40
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2013
GPA: 3.95
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2010, 08:23
rhyme wrote:
Any washington DC / Virginia / Maryland admits?


Based on a thread in the admitted students Google Group, there appears to be a good number of DC admits.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 57
Schools: Kellogg, Booth
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2010, 08:32
rhyme wrote:
Any washington DC / Virginia / Maryland admits?


I'm based out of DC, but I'm currently abroad and interviewed in Chicago.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 42
Location: India
Schools: Ross(R1 Admit),Harvard(R2 Ding), Wharton(R2), Booth(R1WL), Kellogg(R1 ding)
WE 1: Management Consulting
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2010, 09:07
wmcrockett wrote:
eskimoroll wrote:
mbaapp07 wrote:

Well, I guess you could submit the $1000 deposit and go to the HBS admit weekend. If you decide to go to Harvard, you'll be out of $1k, but in the long run that's probably not that big of a deal.


Well the issue is more that it is a commitment to the school that I'd be attending. Ethically, it wouldn't feel right to accept and then recind. Fortunately I have visited both schools already so I think I just have to think it over with close family and friends and make the choice. At least I have a couple months to think it over.



Man what a fantastic problem to have. My vote is for Harvard, so it would open up a spot for one of us poor waitlisters!


I second that full-on whole heartedly!! :-D
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 1428
Location: New York, NY
Schools: NYU Stern 2009
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2010, 10:13
eskimoroll wrote:
This really puts me in a bind. I really like Chicago and they offered me a significant amount of money but the HBS admit weekend is 2/24-25. Pretty much that means I need to make a call on Chicago before even getting a chance to meet potential classmates at HBS. Kellogg's acceptance deadline is in early March which seems much more reasonable.


I wouldn't consider it unfair - it happens more than enough I am sure. What you may want to do is simply call them nearer the time and let them understand your situation. I think you will probably be clear on things in a few months, but I reckon they would allow you a small extension at a push. If they offer money, hell if they even admit you, they would like you to attend. So long as your reasoning is perfectly sensible it ought not to pose an issue.
_________________
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5916
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2010, 10:27
Atsushi wrote:
rhyme wrote:
Any washington DC / Virginia / Maryland admits?


Based on a thread in the admitted students Google Group, there appears to be a good number of DC admits.


You know I started the first admitted student google group for Booth in 2007? Those thieves in admissions took the idea and used it every year thereafter without so much as a 'hey good idea'! Punks!

I'll be at an admit reception in Jan in DC and intend to get very drunk.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 233
Location: United States (MN)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2010, 10:33
1
3underscore wrote:
eskimoroll wrote:
This really puts me in a bind. I really like Chicago and they offered me a significant amount of money but the HBS admit weekend is 2/24-25. Pretty much that means I need to make a call on Chicago before even getting a chance to meet potential classmates at HBS. Kellogg's acceptance deadline is in early March which seems much more reasonable.


I wouldn't consider it unfair - it happens more than enough I am sure. What you may want to do is simply call them nearer the time and let them understand your situation. I think you will probably be clear on things in a few months, but I reckon they would allow you a small extension at a push. If they offer money, hell if they even admit you, they would like you to attend. So long as your reasoning is perfectly sensible it ought not to pose an issue.


Oh, I never thought it to be unfair. I think it's reasonable that these schools should not really have to tailor their schedules to other schools. Asking for an extension probably is reasonable if I haven't made up my mind in the next month or two. I was just realizing that I needed to make a decision sooner than I thought I had to which brought on some anxiety. :-D

I'm definitely not looking forward to declining a school's offer. I have a lot emotionally invested in each school and while I know this process is for my future development, you can't help but form relationships along the way with alumni, adcom, and students who all hope you join them. I guess I'm a people pleaser and I don't like the idea of disappointing anyone.
_________________
FindIt - http://www.getfindit.com

My blog - http://www.shoescount.com
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!   [#permalink] 17 Dec 2010, 10:33

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  64   65   66   67   68  ...  185    Next  [ 3693 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!

  post reply Update application status  

Moderators: carbazzy, fatmike, ambera33






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne