Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 20:42 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 20:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: CBS '14 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Phi Beta Kappa
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: International Business, Other
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2014
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Columbia 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Guys, is that really a big deal?
All schools know we're applying somewhere else as well. For those applying ED, we are saying we want CBS no matter what, but doesn't mean no one is applying anywhere else. Also, during the GMAT, if you picked CBS as one of your school, they'll be getting your official school regardless and see that you sent your score somewhere else....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
kannyg wrote:
Applied ED 10/5
Under review 10/12

Phase 1 (hopefully not the last) of the waiting game begins.
Anybody who submitted on 10/5 got an interview call yet?
Does anybody know what date the first interview call went out last year for folks who submitted on the last day? Is it too early for me to sound a bit restless? :lol:

LOL, under review today, so yes a bit early to be restless (but totally normal)!!
Been under review since 10/5.....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Kudos
diggles14 wrote:

Wow, I just noticed this! Can't believe I showed CBS 4 other schools I'm interested in...luckily, CBS was on my list and all of the other 4 schools were top schools, so it's probably not a big deal.

lol, I thought the same thing.

For me it was even worse. Stress + lack of school research = I just selected 5 random schools...none of which I even applied to. So not only did CBS see a list of other random schools, CBS wasn't even on that list!

And for the record, I uploaded the unofficial 2 page report that the test center gives you when you are finished with the test.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Wake Forest
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
Send PM
Do you guys wear suits and ties when you go to these information days given by Mary Miller?

Anyone planning to go to the ones in London (10/14) / Frankfurt (10/15) / Zuerich (10/17)? Are these typically very crowded?

As someone who already applied to ED, is a chat with Mary at these things going to help? :?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
megatop wrote:
Do you guys wear suits and ties when you go to these information days given by Mary Miller?

I don't know the answer this question, but I'd love to discuss interview attire. Suit or business casual? or something in between?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
For information events/campus visits business casual is fine.

For interviews, which are conducted by alumni, you need to wear business formal (i.e. suit & tie.)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.74
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
MDF wrote:

For interviews, which are conducted by alumni, you need to wear business formal (i.e. suit & tie.)

I thought the same. Went business casual to all events, which was not a problem since most of them were after work. For the one weekend event I went to, business casual attire was indicated on the invite.

Wore suit to interview.

I think this is the way to go, even though I have seen people at events wear jeans, etc.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'm biting the bullett... Sending in tuck now. Though, I really like that school too, so..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
mbaer2012 wrote:
MDF wrote:

I thought the same. Went business casual to all events, which was not a problem since most of them were after work. For the one weekend event I went to, business casual attire was indicated on the invite.

Wore suit to interview.

I think this is the way to go, even though I have seen people at events wear jeans, etc.

+1 -- jeans do not make a good impression at something like that.

On a side note, last week I saw some kid go into an interview at Kellogg wearing jeans and a sweater. Some people are just clueless...talk about increasing your chances to get dinged ten-fold before you even start to talk!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MDF wrote:
mbaer2012 wrote:
MDF wrote:

Wore suit to interview.

+1 -- jeans do not make a good impression at something like that.

On a side note, last week I saw some kid go into an interview at Kellogg wearing jeans and a sweater. Some people are just clueless...talk about increasing your chances to get dinged ten-fold before you even start to talk!

Don't judge. That kid may have an 800, 4.0 from Harvard and already have started 3 companies all netting him millions per year. You never know... I wore a suit & tie to my interview, and my interviewer strolled in wearing jeans and a t shirt, apologizing he hadn't gotten around to telling me I didn't have to wear a suit... That being said, i'd wear the suit every time. Because you never know, people like MDF might be interviewing you... ;)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CBS Class of 2014
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
GMAC sends a report to school (official) and one to you. I removed the bottom half (you fools who didn't... wtf were you thinking) to not show what other schools got my report.

Those talking about interview... just look at where you're meeting and dress appropriately. My interviewer told me to wear casual so I showed up in a polo/khaki's... if you're meeting for coffee, etc.. show up in shirt/tie and slacks... I don't see a reason for the suit
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.74
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
losttraveler wrote:
Those talking about interview... just look at where you're meeting and dress appropriately. My interviewer told me to wear casual so I showed up in a polo/khaki's... if you're meeting for coffee, etc.. show up in shirt/tie and slacks... I don't see a reason for the suit

On the polo, did you pop the collar? :P
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CBS Class of 2014
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Ha... haven't popped my collar in like ... 3 years... that got kind of old after undergrad ;P

Although, I think I can still pull it off :P I'll try it on first day of orientation... we'll see what happens
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
losttraveler wrote:
GMAC sends a report to school (official) and one to you. I removed the bottom half (you fools who didn't... wtf were you thinking) to not show what other schools got my report.

Dude, you removed the bottom half?

haha, that's awesome. I totally contemplated this for at least an hour, but I knew that it would be incredibly obvious that I tampered with the report so I decided against.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
NoggieViking wrote:

Don't judge. That kid may have an 800, 4.0 from Harvard and already have started 3 companies all netting him millions per year. You never know... I wore a suit & tie to my interview, and my interviewer strolled in wearing jeans and a t shirt, apologizing he hadn't gotten around to telling me I didn't have to wear a suit... That being said, i'd wear the suit every time. Because you never know, people like MDF might be interviewing you... ;)

Well put...

He may very well be a prodigy, and if so, good for him...he'll probably make an even stronger impression dressing as he did. However, for Kellogg, when you call to setup the on-campus interview they clearly tell you to wear business formal. So I still think he's an idiot! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
So I submitted on 10/05...a week later, the status is still "printing." I hope my app is not stuck in the printer lol.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.1
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
tlbkcal wrote:
So I submitted on 10/05...a week later, the status is still "printing." I hope my app is not stuck in the printer lol.

Haha, i'm sure they are just overloaded with J-Term and ED apps that flood in the last few hours before deadline.

Still under review from 10/7
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  66   67   68   69   70  ...  171   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts