It is currently 20 Apr 2018, 07:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Jul 2015
Posts: 22
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Sales (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 16:32
QuestioningMeaning wrote:
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
The draft is one week from today. Fingers crossed for everyone!


Fingers crossed! Have you guys seen this?: https://www.theqwocmba.com/the-consortium

Posted from my mobile device


On this link, it says:

"What about deciding to attend a non-Consortium school even after getting the fellowship?

You are able to be a member of the Consortium (and receive the great access and benefits of membership) even if you opt to attend a non-member school. The money you were awarded is returned to the pool, but does not transfer to another applicant.​"

I have not hear this before. So, if we go to a non-member school, but get membership, we can still go to OP?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Jul 2015
Posts: 22
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Sales (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 16:33
1
This post received
KUDOS
QuestioningMeaning wrote:
Also heard back that I’m in at Kelley!!

Posted from my mobile device


Congrats!!
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 75
Location: United States (NY)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 17:31
xcom wrote:
QuestioningMeaning wrote:
Also heard back that I’m in at Kelley!!

Posted from my mobile device


Congrats!!


Thanks!!

I’m excited to hopefully get the fellowship and meet all of you folks!!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 75
Location: United States (NY)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 17:32
xcom wrote:
QuestioningMeaning wrote:
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
The draft is one week from today. Fingers crossed for everyone!


Fingers crossed! Have you guys seen this?: https://www.theqwocmba.com/the-consortium

Posted from my mobile device


On this link, it says:

"What about deciding to attend a non-Consortium school even after getting the fellowship?

You are able to be a member of the Consortium (and receive the great access and benefits of membership) even if you opt to attend a non-member school. The money you were awarded is returned to the pool, but does not transfer to another applicant.​"

I have not hear this before. So, if we go to a non-member school, but get membership, we can still go to OP?


Correct! You just don’t get any money! But you can attend OP and gain the network of the Consortium! Hopefully you get money at the school you decide to go to...

Posted from my mobile device
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2017
Posts: 1
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 18:21
2
This post received
KUDOS
Actually, the statement above is partially incorrect. Once you are accepted into the Consortium and have paid your deposits, you are required to sign an agreement with the Consortium stating if you do not enroll in a member school that you will be billed for the costs of OP ((approximately $1300) you provide the Consortium before OP with a credit card to cover any overages on your travel (air) or hotel)).

So while you could accept a non-member school and pay dual deposits (non-member and member) and then attend a non-member, but you would also be paying $1300 to attend OP and then have to notify companies you interview or come into contact with that you changed schools.

Posted from my mobile device
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 75
Location: United States (NY)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 18:34
1
This post received
KUDOS
UltimateWarrior wrote:
Actually, the statement above is partially incorrect. Once you are accepted into the Consortium and have paid your deposits, you are required to sign an agreement with the Consortium stating if you do not enroll in a member school that you will be billed for the costs of OP ((approximately $1300) you provide the Consortium before OP with a credit card to cover any overages on your travel (air) or hotel)).

So while you could accept a non-member school and pay dual deposits (non-member and member) and then attend a non-member, but you would also be paying $1300 to attend OP and then have to notify companies you interview or come into contact with that you changed schools.

Posted from my mobile device


Thanks for clarifying!! This is really helpful to know.

I’ll contact the sites owner as well to update their site with more detail. I’m really glad someone is working to aggregate all of this disspirate info in one place.

GMAT Club for the win!!

Posted from my mobile device
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 2
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 640 Q38 V42
GPA: 3.26
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 22:38
1
This post received
KUDOS
QuestioningMeaning wrote:
UltimateWarrior wrote:
Actually, the statement above is partially incorrect. Once you are accepted into the Consortium and have paid your deposits, you are required to sign an agreement with the Consortium stating if you do not enroll in a member school that you will be billed for the costs of OP ((approximately $1300) you provide the Consortium before OP with a credit card to cover any overages on your travel (air) or hotel)).

So while you could accept a non-member school and pay dual deposits (non-member and member) and then attend a non-member, but you would also be paying $1300 to attend OP and then have to notify companies you interview or come into contact with that you changed schools.

Posted from my mobile device


Thanks for clarifying!! This is really helpful to know.

I’ll contact the sites owner as well to update their site with more detail. I’m really glad someone is working to aggregate all of this disspirate info in one place.

GMAT Club for the win!!

Posted from my mobile device


Thanks all! The site has been updated. Please send any other feedback you may have my way!
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Apr 2016
Posts: 21
Location: United States (FL)
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 610 Q43 V31
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 12:01
2
This post received
KUDOS
Just got the call. In at Goizueta!
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 90
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 12:05
tlockee wrote:
Just got the call. In at Goizueta!


!!!!! Congrats. Any news of Fellowship?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Apr 2016
Posts: 21
Location: United States (FL)
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 610 Q43 V31
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 12:16
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
tlockee wrote:
Just got the call. In at Goizueta!


!!!!! Congrats. Any news of Fellowship?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


No, the person I spoke with said that info will be released in the coming week. I'm not too worried either way as I'm being sponsored by my military branch.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Jul 2015
Posts: 22
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Sales (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 13:09
1
This post received
KUDOS
tlockee wrote:
Just got the call. In at Goizueta!


Congrats! I just got my call from them too.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Apr 2016
Posts: 21
Location: United States (FL)
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 610 Q43 V31
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 13:19
xcom wrote:
tlockee wrote:
Just got the call. In at Goizueta!


Congrats! I just got my call from them too.


Thanks! Congrats to you as well!!
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 May 2017
Posts: 7
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V46
GPA: 3.95
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 16:56
2
This post received
KUDOS
In at Johnson with the Park Fellowship! Congrats to everyone who's heard back so far!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 90
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 06:29
kayleese wrote:
In at Johnson with the Park Fellowship! Congrats to everyone who's heard back so far!

Posted from my mobile device



!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Jul 2015
Posts: 22
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Sales (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 06:57
kayleese wrote:
In at Johnson with the Park Fellowship! Congrats to everyone who's heard back so far!

Posted from my mobile device


That is awesome!! Congrats!
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 90
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 16:38
Did anyone else get the email? It says we will get decisions from the Consortium on the 23rd. Should we expect decisions from the schools sooner?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Apr 2016
Posts: 21
Location: United States (FL)
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 610 Q43 V31
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 16:45
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
Did anyone else get the email? It says we will get decisions from the Consortium on the 23rd. Should we expect decisions from the schools sooner?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


I got the same email this evening.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Jan 2018
Posts: 15
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 16:48
1
This post received
KUDOS
tlockee wrote:
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
Did anyone else get the email? It says we will get decisions from the Consortium on the 23rd. Should we expect decisions from the schools sooner?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


I got the same email this evening.


Got the same email as well. Since the draft is next Tuesday I assume schools will be calling starting that night through the end of that week about fellowships.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 75
Location: United States (NY)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 19:17
I was awarded the Forte Fellowship at a consortium school.

According to this site: https://www.theqwocmba.com/forte

“As a Consortium applicant, I will need to wait until March 23rd to find out if I receive the Consortium fellowship to my T30 program. If I do, the Forté Fellowship will be replaced by a Consortium Fellowship.“

This is also what my schools letter says. Any one have any experience/knowledge on whether you get to keep the Forte benefits?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 May 2017
Posts: 7
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V46
GPA: 3.95
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 20:26
Thanks PierrechonWerbecque and xcom! Hope to meet at Discover Johnson!
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 08 Mar 2018, 20:26

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  28    Next  [ 552 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.