GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 22 Apr 2018, 05:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q40 V45
GPA: 3.45
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 13:18
Anyone hear from Haas yet for an interview?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 14:16
QuestioningMeaning wrote:
how11015 wrote:
Anyone have R2 status updates?

I got Into Wisconsin with a full ride and am waiting to hear back from Tepper (interviewed), USC (interviewed though I see some acceptances have already gone out), Indiana (interviewed), Olin (interviewed) and Ross (never got an interview invite so I assume I’ve been dinged)

Also Kellogg (my reach) where I’m Interviewing this week.

Posted from my mobile device

Was the full ride from Wisconsin a Consortium Fellowship? If you don't mind, how did you rank your schools?

Personally, I haven't heard anything back as far as decisions. I've interviewed everywhere I applied, except Johnson. I'm attending the LEAD event next month to interview with them right before the draft.

Good luck!!

Nope Wisconsin was a merit scholarship. From what I undestand The Consortium fellowships won’t be released until March 16th or so

May I ask where you heard this? From last year, people were hearing Fellowship decisions in the second week of March

From 2017:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 9-400.html
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 14:22
During my interview with Tepper and Olin they said the Consortium decision should come out around the 16th

Denied
21 Feb, 2018
dontask1191 United States; via Email
Waitlisted
21 Feb, 2018
dontask1191 United States; via Email
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2018, 14:19
What happens with the Consortium fellowship if you are waitlisted at your top choice School?

Will your second choice School automatically have the opportunity to offer you the fellowship or is it in some kind of limbo?

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2018, 14:21
Do people from R1 know if they have received the fellowship? Or does everyone find out after the draft in March? Any idea how many fellowships schools typically have to give?

Please give KUDOS if this post was helpful!

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2018, 14:30
okay wrote:
Do people from R1 know if they have received the fellowship? Or does everyone find out after the draft in March? Any idea how many fellowships schools typically have to give?

Nobody knows really until the draft from what I understand. A school may give you a heads up in R2 because the draft is held in March, but generally speaking (and looking at past year threads) it doesn’t look like anyone knows anything about the fellowship until mid-March

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 10:49
Does anyone know why the Consortium decision dates are different than the traditional deadlines?

Yale for example has a Consortium decision date of "by March 2" whereas the regular R2 date is March 27. That's a pretty big difference...

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Please give KUDOS if this post was helpful!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 12:56
okay wrote:
Does anyone know why the Consortium decision dates are different than the traditional deadlines?

Yale for example has a Consortium decision date of "by March 2" whereas the regular R2 date is March 27. That's a pretty big difference...

Wow I didn't even realize we'll hear the final decision from Yale this week.... I thought the Consortium decision date was the same as the normal R2 date. Now I'm kind of freaking out! :grin:
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 13:11
I'm super confused but I think my questions might also be relevant to other students.

Situation:
My #2 Consortium school admitted me and offered me a general merit scholarship, which was a little less than full tuition.
I have already interviewed with all of the other schools in my consortium application.

Questions:
Q1: If my #1 school doesn't offer me Consortium, then will my #2 school also consider me for consortium instead of the general merit scholarship?
Q2: If my #2 school doesn't offer me consortium, then it goes to my #3 school right?
Q3: What if Consortium itself rejects me as a fellow. It can do that right? In which case I won't be considered as anything other than a regular applicant at all of the schools. Or is it so the school chooses whether to accept me as a consortium student and then if they take me in as a consortium student then I'm already qualified for Consortium writ large.

Any help would be great, thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: 320 Q160 V156
GPA: 3.95

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 15:25
jmoney44 wrote:
I'm super confused but I think my questions might also be relevant to other students.

Situation:
My #2 Consortium school admitted me and offered me a general merit scholarship, which was a little less than full tuition.
I have already interviewed with all of the other schools in my consortium application.

Questions:
Q1: If my #1 school doesn't offer me Consortium, then will my #2 school also consider me for consortium instead of the general merit scholarship?
Q2: If my #2 school doesn't offer me consortium, then it goes to my #3 school right?
Q3: What if Consortium itself rejects me as a fellow. It can do that right? In which case I won't be considered as anything other than a regular applicant at all of the schools. Or is it so the school chooses whether to accept me as a consortium student and then if they take me in as a consortium student then I'm already qualified for Consortium writ large.

Any help would be great, thanks!

This is all based on my own research and by no means 100% correct.

1) Yes, they would have the option to offer your either scholarship if you're #1 passed on you.
2) Correct.
3) I believe the consortium considers you for membership, not fellowship. They consider you for membership once they are notified that a member school wants to admit you, regardless of membership. This happens before the draft, because it would be a waste of time to draft people before evaluating them for membership. Once you have membership, you're eligible for the draft and fellowships.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: 320 Q160 V156
GPA: 3.95

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 15:28
What happens with the Consortium fellowship if you are waitlisted at your top choice School?

Will your second choice School automatically have the opportunity to offer you the fellowship or is it in some kind of limbo?

I haven't seen anything regarding this topic, but I can't imagine The Consortium would let a school hijack your chances at a fellowship like that. I'm guessing schools have to offer you admission to draft you.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 15:59
okay wrote:

Where did you hear this about Yale? I can't seem to find a source.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 16:03
xcom wrote:
okay wrote:

Under "When can I expect to receive my admissions decision if I am applying through the Consortium?": https://som.yale.edu/programs/mba/admis ... consortium
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 16:38
mbanyc8 wrote:
xcom wrote:
okay wrote:

Under "When can I expect to receive my admissions decision if I am applying through the Consortium?": https://som.yale.edu/programs/mba/admis ... consortium

Thank You! Missed that.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 16:41
I also see this on the Yale website,"Consortium membership decisions will come directly from the Consortium. If you have been selected for a Yale SOM Consortium fellowship, you will find out at the time of admission."

Does this mean that we will find out about the fellowship on Friday, March 2 as well? How can that be if the draft is 3/12? Does this mean that Yale only awards the fellowship to those who have ranked them 1st? Or maybe I am reading incorrectly?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 20:39
I think the Fellowship decision comes separate from Admission if the admission decision is before the draft.

I spoke to Emory today and the Adcom told me admission decision will be 3/9, but they won't know about the fellowship until after the draft the following week.
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 21:04
I see sizeable number of Yale Consortium applicants will be waiting for decisions this week. I've created a separate chat room for you guys to stay in touch and share decision updates with each other.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat2.php?fl=menu

Good luck to all!

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Denied
21 Feb, 2018
Private, GMAT: 640, Q42, V36; GPA: 3.34; WE: 70 months; United States, DC; via Email
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 27 Feb 2018, 10:20

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  28    Next  [ 552 posts ] 

Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap