Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: CBS '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2019 [#permalink]
moxie1 wrote:
ck98 wrote:
Maybe a bit early to start talking about this...but have other people started to think about plans before next Fall? Anybody thinking about pre-MBA internships, travel, etc... and when do you think you'll be leaving your current job?

I haven't started thinking yet but I definitely will as the new year starts. The CBS pre-MBA world tour sounds awesome from what I've read about previous years.

I'd like to finish my job around late May/early June, but I think saving money may convince me to work slightly longer...

Yup, i'm leaving my job end of March and then moving to part time until school starts. Have an italy trip planned and hoping to get a few more in. The summer of anon4444 is about to be legit af.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
You're both making me jealous! I really like the idea of moving to part-time in the spring, might be a nice compromise to having more time but also saving money.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Are you moving to part time somewhere else or at your current job?

anon44444 wrote:
moxie1 wrote:
ck98 wrote:
Maybe a bit early to start talking about this...but have other people started to think about plans before next Fall? Anybody thinking about pre-MBA internships, travel, etc... and when do you think you'll be leaving your current job?

I haven't started thinking yet but I definitely will as the new year starts. The CBS pre-MBA world tour sounds awesome from what I've read about previous years.

I'd like to finish my job around late May/early June, but I think saving money may convince me to work slightly longer...

Yup, i'm leaving my job end of March and then moving to part time until school starts. Have an italy trip planned and hoping to get a few more in. The summer of anon4444 is about to be legit af.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did any of you start the Re Vera "application verification" item on your admitted students to do list? I was having trouble getting to the "sign and pay" page but I'm not sure if it's my work firewall or maybe it's not up and running yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just did today, actually. Did it on my phone and was able to get all the way through. Received a couple of confirmation emails from them

moxie1 wrote:
Did any of you start the Re Vera "application verification" item on your admitted students to do list? I was having trouble getting to the "sign and pay" page but I'm not sure if it's my work firewall or maybe it's not up and running yet.
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '19 (S)
Send PM
ck98 wrote:
I just did today, actually. Did it on my phone and was able to get all the way through. Received a couple of confirmation emails from them

moxie1 wrote:

When were you supplied with the log-in information for the admitted students to-do list? So far I only have a PID.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was sent an email a couple of weeks ago with my username and a link to the admitted students site. If you were recently admitted, it may take them a week or so to generate a username for you before they send you the site with the check list

Mathis1490 wrote:
ck98 wrote:

moxie1 wrote:

When were you supplied with the log-in information for the admitted students to-do list? So far I only have a PID.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is anybody else planning to attend the event on December 3rd?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Admitted last Thursday! Looking forward to it ... I got the phone call from an admissions director and a personalized email from her, however, the status on my CBS Application page has not changed yet. Should I be concerned / reach out or it takes a few days before the change?

Also, what is the event on December 3rd?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SoloUno1990 wrote:
Admitted last Thursday! Looking forward to it ... I got the phone call from an admissions director and a personalized email from her, however, the status on my CBS Application page has not changed yet. Should I be concerned / reach out or it takes a few days before the change?

I took a couple of days for the status to change on my application page - I wouldn't worry about it for now.

And the event on December 3rd is an admitted student reception at the Columbia Club. I got the email on November 1st. DM me with your email if you would like me to flip it to you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I should've asked this before - do we get our $6,000 deposit back or is it directly applied to our bill for the first semester?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools: CBS '19 (M)
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
roloto wrote:
SoloUno1990 wrote:

I took a couple of days for the status to change on my application page - I wouldn't worry about it for now.

And the event on December 3rd is an admitted student reception at the Columbia Club. I got the email on November 1st. DM me with your email if you would like me to flip it to you.

I'll be attending the December 3rd event - looks like it's over at the Columbia club. Should be really fun!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Does anyone have any info on an admitted students Facebook group? If one exists, post a link!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
moxie1 wrote:
I should've asked this before - do we get our $6,000 deposit back or is it directly applied to our bill for the first semester?

I am pretty sure that it gets applied to our first semester tuition.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 790 Q50 V51
Send PM
Hi all!

When does "Re Vera" appear on the to-do list? I've submitted my ED deposit, still no background checks on my timeline.. Does everyone go through one?

What's the consensus on pre-MBA tour vs pre-MBA internship? 8-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
CBSplz wrote:
Hi all!

When does "Re Vera" appear on the to-do list? I've submitted my ED deposit, still no background checks on my timeline.. Does everyone go through one?

What's the consensus on pre-MBA tour vs pre-MBA internship? 8-)

I received the "Re Vera" task on my to-do list - I was admitted in August, but I doubt that matters. I submitted the release and payment for the "Re Vera" background check and let my recommenders know that they may be contacted. This may have been too early since I don't plan on quitting till next June....oh well :)

In regards to pre-MBA tour vs. pre-MBA internship, I think those are two distinct programs. Pre-MBA tour trips for CBS, I believe, include multiple trips that occur between May and August before Fall Term. I plan on going to 1-3 trips (likely 1-2 because I will so painfully in debt once MBA loans kick in). Pre-MBA internships can be done in addition to the pre-MBA tour trips (assuming you don't choose a trip /trips that overlap); however, from my research, pre-MBA internships more likely than not will need to be brokered through a connection / your network. There are official programs, but they are very selective so there is no guarantee. Personally, I would do one if it'll be a great AND different learning experience, but aside from that, the advice I've gotten is to enjoy the stress-free months before CBS takes over your life (in a good way).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
Still no facebook group?
GMAT Club Bot