It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 10:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2019

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Top Contributor
BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 1930 [0], given: 152

Premium Member
Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2016, 10:55
Top Contributor
Columbia Business School
Admitted Students Thread.

Congratulations to everyone!

Columbia Business School Pre-MBA World Tour - website
The CBS World Tour is an optional, self-funded trip that is organized each year by volunteers from the upcoming Columbia Business School class.

Columbia Connect I
Coming Soon...

Columbia Connect II
Coming Soon...

This thread is EXCLUSIVELY for you to discuss any post-admit aspects!

Roll Call

NOTE : The above list updates automatically as and when applicants update their application Status. If your name does not appear in the list, please check and update your application status or post in this thread.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || GMAC's IR Prep Tool

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 !!! NEW !!!

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Top Contributor
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2016, 10:56
Top Contributor
Just one quick thought for ALL admitted students : Apart from discussing whatever info you like to have on post-admit phase (and on fun of course!), if you guys can take a few minutes out from your busy schedule (I presume it wont' be super-busy right now as it was few weeks back because you already have an admit :-) ) to share some thoughts on your road to the admit, with a primer on the background/profile then,I think, it'd NOT ONLY be a great stress-buster for ALL who're awaiting decisions or yet to submit their apps, BUT ALSO be a great ASSET for future CBS applicants of our club.

Thank you ALL CBS Admits for your cooperation and all the best for CBS (and thereafter) !

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || GMAC's IR Prep Tool

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 !!! NEW !!!

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Top Contributor
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2016, 10:56
Top Contributor

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2016, 17:21
I had read some old postings from years ago that stated there was mandatory Pre-MBA coursework and a test that one needed to pass in order to matriculate. More recent articles I've read indicated that Columbia does not have any required Pre-MBA coursework. Also, nobody I've spoken to from Columbia ever mentioned it. Which is accurate? Also, does anyone know the timeline for the background check process post-acceptance?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2016, 16:34
Does anyone know if the regular decision comes out after ED ddl or are reviewed in parallel with the ED applications?

Thanks!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Schools: CBS '19 (A)

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2016, 19:29
wahaha04 wrote:
Does anyone know if the regular decision comes out after ED ddl or are reviewed in parallel with the ED applications?

Thanks!

From previous years' experience, Adcom will start reviewing RD applications after all ED applications. Last year's RD applicant received an email from Adcom notifying that they start looking. I thought that was in November/December.

Hope this helps.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2016, 20:06
wahaha04 wrote:

Thanks!

yes that's really helpful! thank you! I guess there's no rush in submitting then?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2016, 20:40
wahaha04 wrote:
wahaha04 wrote:

Thanks!

yes that's really helpful! thank you! I guess there's no rush in submitting then?

I think timing still matters because when they start reviewing RD applications, it's also a rolling process. So even though RD will be after all ED applications, within RD, it's still the earlier the better. Good luck! :-D

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2016, 20:52
Hello everyone! Has anyone heard any progress after you pay the deposit? Any links to admitted student site? I got my lifetime email and UNI now but don't know what to do with them next.. Thanks!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 17:10
dennishyt wrote:
Hello everyone! Has anyone heard any progress after you pay the deposit? Any links to admitted student site? I got my lifetime email and UNI now but don't know what to do with them next.. Thanks!

I was going to ask the same question. I paid my deposit and received confirmation but no progress after that.
I e-mailed the admissions office about the admitted student website but did not get any response.
Seeing you're in the same situation, I suspect that there are not too many admits yet to open up the website.
Let us know if anyone knows how to access the admitted student website or about any progress after the deposit.

Thanks!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 22:39
Hi all,

First of all, congrats to everyone else around here!

I just got admitted to the early decision round in Columbia and will be cancelling all my other applications. Will certainly share a little more about my journey later on, but hoping to see more of you folks here soon.

Also, does anyone know when will the school release merit based scholarship decisions?

Cheers

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2016, 00:29
y02chs07 wrote:
Hi all,

First of all, congrats to everyone else around here!

I just got admitted to the early decision round in Columbia and will be cancelling all my other applications. Will certainly share a little more about my journey later on, but hoping to see more of you folks here soon.

Also, does anyone know when will the school release merit based scholarship decisions?

Cheers

First of all, congrats to your admissions. and oh boy! you have a whooping GMAT score.
Seeing posts from last year, it seems there were people who received merit scholarship before the promised release date (I think it's sometime in Jan or Feb)

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2016, 18:58
Congrats everyone!!

Wondering if anybody knows when the new campus is scheduled to be open...I know at one point it was slated for 2017-2018, but I had heard there were some delays, plus the website makes no mention....

Did anybody ask about this during the application process?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 50

GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.88

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2016, 13:58
lhslhs1 wrote:
dennishyt wrote:

I was going to ask the same question. I paid my deposit and received confirmation but no progress after that.
I e-mailed the admissions office about the admitted student website but did not get any response.
Seeing you're in the same situation, I suspect that there are not too many admits yet to open up the website.
Let us know if anyone knows how to access the admitted student website or about any progress after the deposit.

Thanks!

I emailed admissions asking about this and they replied.

"I am in the process of finalizing the admitted student website and which will include a link to the admitted student Facebook page. It should be live a week from today.
The group will be secret to protect the privacy of our admits, so you won't be able to find it by searching, but we will make sure you get it."

This was received on 10/10 so we should have an update on next Monday.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 50

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 02:27
Does anyone know where I can find the online enrolment form?

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 15:34
ck98 wrote:
Congrats everyone!!

Wondering if anybody knows when the new campus is scheduled to be open...I know at one point it was slated for 2017-2018, but I had heard there were some delays, plus the website makes no mention....

Did anybody ask about this during the application process?

The manhatanville campus website says the business school buildings don't open until 2021.. I too thought it was 2017..

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2016, 09:57
Checking in here! I just received my acceptance a few days ago and cannot wait to be a part of the CBS community.

Intern
Intern

WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 13:52
I just got admitted through the ED round :)

Any leads on the Facebook page, yet?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 21:18
mns10 wrote:
I just got admitted through the ED round :)

Any leads on the Facebook page, yet?

A few days after being accepted, you should see how to join on the admitted students home page. You have to provide email and then you're added to the group!

Manager
Manager

Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2016, 09:28
Admitted on friday. Super pumped. Anyone else from the South?

Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2019   [#permalink] 29 Oct 2016, 09:28

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 86 posts ] 

Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2019

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: bagdbmba

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap