[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "201_school_count"
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake : INSEAD - Page 22
Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 01:30 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 01:30
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GPA: 3.30
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 132
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
Hi everyone, thank you for sharing information on the status of your application. I did receive an interview invite last week as well. I would like to check for those of you who have already completed your interview, roughly how long did it take for the admissions officer to pair you up with alumni? Thank you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: ISB '25 (A)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
vid0123 wrote:
Hi everyone, thank you for sharing information on the status of your application. I did receive an interview invite last week as well. I would like to check for those who have already completed their interview, roughly how long did it take for the admissions officer to pair you up with alumni for the interview. Thank you.

Same doubt I have
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 596
Send PM
https://shorturl.at/cGHJT

Link for WA MBA community
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Kudos
vid0123 wrote:
Hi everyone, thank you for sharing information on the status of your application. I did receive an interview invite last week as well. I would like to check for those who have already completed their interview, roughly how long did it take for the admissions officer to pair you up with alumni for the interview. Thank you.

My first interview will be today. After a couple of hours from the email informing me that I was invited for the interview, I received another one with the contact information of both alumni.

Btw, one interviewer answered my email and started the conversation on wpp to arrange the interview. The second didn’t reply, so I sent her a message on wpp and received a response on the same day.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Bookmarks
lucasba33 wrote:
vid0123 wrote:

My first interview will be today. After a couple of hours from the email informing me that I was invited for the interview, I received another one with the contact information of both alumni.

Btw, one interviewer answered my email and started the conversation on wpp to arrange the interview. The second didn’t reply, so I sent her a message on wpp and received a response on the same day.

Oh, that's great :) All the best for your interview. You will do great.
For me, it's been about 4 working days but no information on the pairing yet. Is your AO DC?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Finally!! I also got the interview confirmation email today! My AO is TR.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Kudos
vid0123 wrote:
Oh, that’s great :) All the best for your interview. You will do great. For me, it’s been about 4 working days but no information on the pairing yet. Is your AO DC?

No, my AO is IR
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
Hello everyone,
Is there still hope for interview invitations?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q39 V38
GPA: 3.03
Send PM
BOWINDO wrote:
Hello everyone,
Is there still hope for interview invitations?

Interview notification deadline for R2 is still tomorrow, December 8, so there should be hope!

Waiting impatiently for AO EL to get back to me. So nervous.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GPA: 3.30
Send PM
Same feeling here guys
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
Kudos
Hi! I was admitted to Fonty. Can someone send me the link for https://gmatclub.com/chat group?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Anyone joining Insead for the upcoming session, and groups?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I've received the interview invite for INSEAD R2! I've already done one interview yesterday and it went super well, but I'm having issues with the second interview...
After a week of waiting for a reply, the second interviewer said she didn't have availability before the 20th and asked me to reach out to the school to get another name.
However, my AO said she can extend the deadline until Jan 3rd and asked me to check back with the interviewer, as during this time of the year it's very hard to find new interviewers.

I'm a little worried that:
1. I will not have time to find a new interviewer before the deadline, as I have to wait probably 1+ week to get an answer from the original interviewer.
2. The original interviewer accepts to do my interview but only because she feels "forced" to do it even though she doesn't have time, which may lead to a negative interview experience :(

How should I go about this situation? Any recommendations from previous years?
Thanks
ARLee Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions and Career Coaching by INSEAD alum and former Samsung HR Head.
Affiliations: INSEAD MBA'11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Read our Verified Client Reviews on GMAT Club:
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
rafaffr wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've received the interview invite for INSEAD R2! I've already done one interview yesterday and it went super well, but I'm having issues with the second interview...
After a week of waiting for a reply, the second interviewer said she didn't have availability before the 20th and asked me to reach out to the school to get another name.
However, my AO said she can extend the deadline until Jan 3rd and asked me to check back with the interviewer, as during this time of the year it's very hard to find new interviewers.

I'm a little worried that:
1. I will not have time to find a new interviewer before the deadline, as I have to wait probably 1+ week to get an answer from the original interviewer.
2. The original interviewer accepts to do my interview but only because she feels "forced" to do it even though she doesn't have time, which may lead to a negative interview experience :(

How should I go about this situation? Any recommendations from previous years?
Thanks

Hi rafaffr,

first of all, congratulations on making it to the interview phase.

Your case is not that uncommon. I would personally follow your AO's advice and schedule the interview with your original interviewer between Dec 20th and Jan 3rd. I'm pretty sure the interview experience won't be affected in any way. No one forces alumni to conduct the interviews. They do it voluntarily. So, if she said she could interview you after Dec 20th, that means that she's happy to interview you then.

And the date of your interviews doesn't affect the outcome in any way. And some people think that the sooner you have the interviews the sooner you hear back from INSEAD on their final decision. But this is not true.

So yeah, again, I would follow your AO's advice.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

Warm regards
Alex
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Hi all,
Needed some help regarding admission to MBA program.
I scored a 730 on GMAT but somehow got a 4 in IR.
How much does INSEAD value IR score?
Should I retake the exam?
ARLee Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions and Career Coaching by INSEAD alum and former Samsung HR Head.
Affiliations: INSEAD MBA'11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Read our Verified Client Reviews on GMAT Club:
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi PriyanshiGg,

INSEAD recommends at least an IR score of 6. That being said, I have never seen an applicant being rejected purely because of a lower IR score.

So, if you're able to submit a strong application, I would personally not retake the GMAT with the sole purpose of increasing the IR score.

Of course, if retaking it means no significant extra effort from your side, go ahead. Perhaps, besides a higher IR score, you'd be able to increase your overall score as well, which as an Indian applicant would be beneficial. More so if you're also applying to top US programs with class averages around 720-730. Though, for INSEAD, a 730 alongside a strong application could be just fine.

Warm regards
Alex
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Schools: IIM-A '24 (I)
Send PM
deceptrix wrote:
Hi how is the GMAT Focus score of 635. I am from IIT and have experience in management consulting. Have 95% in 12, 10/10 CGPA in class 10 and 8.3 GPA in college. Have done startups as well apart from consulting. I just got the score and feeling worried if I should apply or not - as in practice tests i was getting 635 to 685. Please suggest.

Hi What was your number of questions wrong in each section?

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24  ...  44   
Moderator:
MBA Admissions Consultant
3773 posts