GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 15:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Sept 2019 Intake !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 4: 700 Q50 V35
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Sept 2019 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 24 Sep 2018, 03:35
PROFILE REMOVED

Originally posted by VodkaHelps on 11 Sep 2018, 03:43.
Last edited by VodkaHelps on 24 Sep 2018, 03:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2018, 14:11
INSEAD looks for the following 4 factors in prospective candidates-
1 Ability to Contribute
2 Academic Capability
3 International Motivation
4 Leadership Potential

As per your profile, You can display strong traits of all the four factors. Ensure that you put forward a good application.

As far as GMAT score is concerned, 680 is on the lower side. Average GMAT score of school is 709. Hence, I would always recommend applying with a GMAT score of 700 and above.

VodkaHelps wrote:
Hi experts,

I recently scored 680 on the GMAT (Q47, V36, IR 6). I was expecting a higher grade though because I was scoring consistently between 690-720 (Quant usually 49-50). I was planning to apply for the first round but eventually deferred to the 2nd Round. I do understand that having GMAT in 700s will undoubtly increase chances, but how do I stand with my profile. I have been preparing for GMAT 6 months already and it did require a lot of time dedicated for just the preparation which I may not have as much as more work tasks are building up at the end of the year. I wonder if I do stand chances to get admitted for the 2nd round with the current GMAT score. Please see my profile below, and thank you for spending time reviewing it.

My profile:

Ethnicity: Ukrainian (50%) Vietnamese (50%)

Fluent Languages: Vietnamese, Russian, Ukrainian

Academic Language: English

Age: 26 years old. will turn 27 by the time program starts.

WE: 6 years by the time program starts.
    Industry and position:
    - High-tech Security Company (Midsize, from California, US)
    1 year - Customer Support
    3 years International Sales Engineer Manager
    1 year (currently) Product Development Manager.
    I was responsible of managing projects for this High-tech Security Equipment Company in the whole international market (Except the US). Spent lots of time traveling in Middle East (UAE, Saudi, Turkey, Egypt), Asia (India, Singapore, Thailand, Australia) and Canada. Worked with high government officials in security sector. Managed customers' expectations, development process, and engineers. Currently is leading the product management for new products for the company.

- Founder of a nightclub (2 years, currently closed down). Midsize nightclub in the heart of Ho Chi Minh city downtown. 200 people capacity. Operated for 2 years.

Education: Business Administration - concentration in finance from University of Washington, Foster School of Business. (graduated 2013)
    GPA: 3.84

Hobbies: Played piano for 12 years, Taekwondo 1st dan black belt.

Reason for MBA: to move up to a senior management position within the current company

http://aidmit.com/

INSEAD CLASS OF 19J

Founder, Aidmit.com
We help you secure MBA Admit

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2018, 14:32
Does anyone know what the word limit is for the letters of recommendation? Thanks!
ARLee Consulting
S
Affiliations: Samsung Electronics HR Head | INSEAD Admissions Interviewer
INSEAD: MBA 11D
Concentration: Human Resources, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2018, 14:37
Hi melsains,

there is really no word count limit. So don't worry.

Typically the strengths answer is the longest, but even if your recommender writes around 500 words, this is okay.

I hope this helps.

Good luck
Alex

Alex Ruiz Lee, INSEAD MBA'11D & Admissions Interviewer
ARLee Consulting - Founder and Managing Director
MBA Admissions & Career Coach
HR Executive Director

Mobile: +52 1 55 2702 0059
Email: alex@arleeconsulting.com | alex@ruizlee.es
Web: http://www.ARLeeConsulting.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee/

Please, email us your CV for a free evaluation of your candidacy

VP
VP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2018, 02:30
Helpful resource - INSEAD rec questions

https://www.clearadmit.com/insead-mba-r ... questions/

http://mbaprepcoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

VP
VP
P

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2018, 06:01
Hi VodkaHelps your screenname made me laugh.
Profile evaluation requests are not permitted in this thread; there is a separate thread for profile evaluations or you can also post it in Ask Admissions Consultants.
VodkaHelps wrote:
Hi experts,

I recently scored 680 on the GMAT (Q47, V36, IR 6). I was expecting a higher grade though because I was scoring consistently between 690-720 (Quant usually 49-50). I was planning to apply for the first round but eventually deferred to the 2nd Round. I do understand that having GMAT in 700s will undoubtly increase chances, but how do I stand with my profile. I have been preparing for GMAT 6 months already and it did require a lot of time dedicated for just the preparation which I may not have as much as more work tasks are building up at the end of the year. I wonder if I do stand chances to get admitted for the 2nd round with the current GMAT score. Please see my profile below, and thank you for spending time reviewing it.

My profile:

Industry and position:
    I was responsible of managing projects for this High-tech Security Equipment Company in the whole international market (Except the US). Spent lots of time traveling in Middle East (UAE, Saudi, Turkey, Egypt), Asia (India, Singapore, Thailand, Australia) and Canada. Worked with high government officials in security sector. Managed customers' expectations, development process, and engineers. Currently is leading the product management for new products for the company.

- Founder of a nightclub (2 years, currently closed down). Midsize nightclub in the heart of Ho Chi Minh city downtown. 200 people capacity. Operated for 2 years.

Education: Business Administration - concentration in finance from University of Washington, Foster School of Business. (graduated 2013)

Reason for MBA: to move up to a senior management position within the current company

Farrell Dyan

VP
VP
P

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2018, 06:04
Hi aidmit, sorry for the late response here; could you please guide profile request posters to the profile evaluation or ask admissions threads in the future?
Profile evaluations are not allowed in this thread.
aidmit wrote:
1 Ability to Contribute
2 Academic Capability
4 Leadership Potential

As per your profile, You can display strong traits of all the four factors. Ensure that you put forward a good application.

As far as GMAT score is concerned, 680 is on the lower side. Average GMAT score of school is 709. Hence, I would always recommend applying with a GMAT score of 700 and above.

VodkaHelps wrote:
Hi experts,

My profile:

Industry and position:

Farrell Dyan

VP
VP
P

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2018, 06:08
Sending lots of well wishes to those of you applying for Round 1 today!

If you are applying for R2 - make today your start day if you are not already underway.

Pull together work anecdotes, and hunt down any missing results, so you can coach recommenders.

Farrell Dyan

Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 4: 700 Q50 V35
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2018, 07:08
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hi aidmit, sorry for the late response here; could you please guide profile request posters to the profile evaluation or ask admissions threads in the future?
aidmit wrote:
1 Ability to Contribute
2 Academic Capability
4 Leadership Potential

VodkaHelps wrote:
Hi experts,

My profile:

Industry and position:

Could you please remove it then?

Thank you
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2018, 01:05
Has anyone given video interview? Would you care share the questions here? Thanks
VP
VP
P

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 20 Sep 2018, 01:15
asifh wrote:
Has anyone given video interview? Would you care share the questions here? Thanks
Hi asifh this is a compilation of questions that I've gathered from applicants over the years, my request would be that you share with us your questions here as well. Kind of a pay-it-forward system.

Just as an FYI it's a new cycle so I'm not certain about how many of these they are still using.

[url]mbaessaycoaching.com/2017/03/07/insead-video-interview-questions-tips/[/url]

Farrell Dyan

Originally posted by MBAPrepCoach on 20 Sep 2018, 01:11.
Last edited by MBAPrepCoach on 20 Sep 2018, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
P

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2018, 01:12
VodkaHelps wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
aidmit wrote:
1 Ability to Contribute
2 Academic Capability
4 Leadership Potential

[quote="VodkaHelps"]Hi experts,

My profile:

Industry and position:

Could you please remove it then?

Thank you[/quote]Narenn

Farrell Dyan

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2018, 02:50
Hi, I have 2 questions :
1) How important is the video interview ? I have the feeling to have poorly performed (stuttered, ecc.), I was tired and stressed out (I did it the night of the deadline, it was not possible before).
2) All decisions for interviews will be given on the 19 October 2018 ? Or can we get contacted before ?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2018, 01:05
oss198 wrote:
Hi, I have 2 questions :
1) How important is the video interview ? I have the feeling to have poorly performed (stuttered, ecc.), I was tired and stressed out (I did it the night of the deadline, it was not possible before).
2) All decisions for interviews will be given on the 19 October 2018 ? Or can we get contacted before ?

1. Like every other component, the video essay is only a part of the application. If your written essays demonstrate a compelling story, they'll be interested in learning about you.
2. 19th Oct is the final date by which you will be contacted. Very likely that you will be contacted before then.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2018, 09:58
TheProdigalSon wrote:
1. Like every other component, the video essay is only a part of the application. If your written essays demonstrate a compelling story, they'll be interested in learning about you.
2. 19th Oct is the final date by which you will be contacted. Very likely that you will be contacted before then.

Thanks, have you submitted your application ? Everything went well ?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Other)

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 01:48
Just thought I'd post my video questions here in case somebody looks it up at some point. I used a list on the website of MBAPrepCoach for my video interview prep and it was super helpful ! To anyone reading this for round 2 - don't be nervous, you've got this :)

In no particular order -

1. Describe someone you know who lives a meaningful life and why
2. Have you ever faced discrimination ? How did you react ?
3. How do you keep track of yours and your companies vision
4. Name 3 key factors why you picked INSEAD
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 10:37
Hi,

Can we have insead alumni submit additional recommendation letters on our behalf post submission of the R1 application?

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 14:28
Yes, it never hurts if an alum vouches for you. Make sure that the alum who is writing for you knows you well and puts a strong case for you.

saagarvarma18 wrote:
Hi,

Can we have insead alumni submit additional recommendation letters on our behalf post submission of the R1 application?

Thanks in advance!

http://aidmit.com/

INSEAD CLASS OF 19J

Founder, Aidmit.com
We help you secure MBA Admit

VP
VP
P

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2018, 19:33
Six weeks away from Round 2 deadline - if you haven't already, definitely get started on your applications.

I recommend you start thinking about the Strengths/Weakness essay (motivation #1) early in the process so things can percolate.

Check out my PowerPoint for tips. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffymnxanj46n55o/MBA%20Prep%20Coach%20Presentation%20edited.pptx?dl=0

Farrell Dyan

VP
VP
P

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2018, 19:38
Hi subirroy THANK YOU SO MUCH for sending over the questions and the kind words, will add these to my compilation!
I wish you all the luck in the world~

subirroy wrote:
Just thought I'd post my video questions here in case somebody looks it up at some point. I used a list on the website of MBAPrepCoach for my video interview prep and it was super helpful ! To anyone reading this for round 2 - don't be nervous, you've got this :)

In no particular order -

1. Describe someone you know who lives a meaningful life and why
2. Have you ever faced discrimination ? How did you react ?
3. How do you keep track of yours and your companies vision
4. Name 3 key factors why you picked INSEAD

Farrell Dyan

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Sept 2019 Intake ! &nbs [#permalink] 30 Sep 2018, 19:38

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 59 posts ] 

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Sept 2019 Intake !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap