Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:26 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Brand Management
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q45  V44
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:HBS - Class of 2013
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q45  V44
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2013
Send PM
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
princess2000 wrote:
Just got the call!
ED applicant, deferred by Dec 17, admitted today.

Congrats! I'm in a similar situation - ED applicant, deferred on 11/22. Glad to see some positive movement for deferred applicants.

When did you submit your initial application? Just trying to gauge whether there is any logic to the rendering of final decisions...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
josiebella wrote:
I just realized in my thank you note to my interviewer whose name is Chris, I wrote:

Chris ?

then the body of my email

How the hell did that happen? HOw embarassing. :( I feel horrible now.

I didn't have any typos in any other part of the letter, but now it's going to look weird that I wrote "Chris ?"

Is this going to ruin my chances?

But he replied you so why are you losing your mind. You need to chill!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
BubbaWon wrote:
No. People, calm down. My god. Reading this forum is like observing a kindergarten class that just enjoyed a lunch of Pop Rocks and Red Bull Cola.

People make mistakes. What's your interviewer going to say in his report, "You know, josiebella struck me as a brilliant, engaging candidate until she put a question mark where she should have used a comma, so definitely ding this one."? No, of course not. Chill - no one is perfect.

Posted from my mobile device

Says Mr. HBS Class of 2013...You've forgotten already....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q45  V44
Send PM
true true, need to pop a valium Lol, kidding!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
carriedinterest wrote:
princess2000 wrote:
Just got the call!
ED applicant, deferred by Dec 17, admitted today.

Congrats! I'm in a similar situation - ED applicant, deferred on 11/22. Glad to see some positive movement for deferred applicants.

When did you submit your initial application? Just trying to gauge whether there is any logic to the rendering of final decisions...

Congrats princess2000!

Carriedinterest, as with all b-school admission anywhere, no logic here either. I was deferred in early October and have not heard anything.
Current Student
Send PM
bluecollarhero wrote:

Carriedinterest, as with all b-school admission anywhere, no logic here either. I was deferred in early October and have not heard anything.

At least there's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel - they'll have to give us a decision by February 1st!

Do you know if they can extend waitlist offers to deferred ED candidates? Can't stomach the thought of enduring another period of purgatory.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
carriedinterest wrote:
bluecollarhero wrote:

At least there's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel - they'll have to give us a decision by February 1st!

Do you know if they can extend waitlist offers to deferred ED candidates? Can't stomach the thought of enduring another period of purgatory.

I definitely know many deferred ED candidates will end up on the waitlist. I know exactly what you mean, I wouldn't know what to do at that time. CBS is my top choice, but at some point I have to move on with my life.

Any idea how long one would have to wait if put on the waitlist?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:CBS, Kellogg, Ross (w/$$), Wharton , HBS
Send PM
Hi all, I've started https://gmatclub.com/forum/admitted-to-columbia-business-school-class-of-107453.html for those of us admitted to CBS '13!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
submitted 12/23..application status just changed to "under review"..any indication on how long it takes from here??
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q45  V44
Send PM
Status just changed to interview complete. mommy i am scared....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Columbia (matriculating 2013), Booth (admitted), Wharton (WL)
Send PM
Out of curiosity, did any accepted student (so far) here obtained a scholarship upon admission?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Wharton/Lauder - Class of 2013
Send PM
Kudos

Originally posted by globalcitizen on 07 Jan 2011, 15:02.
Last edited by globalcitizen on 25 Jan 2011, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Send PM
bluecollarhero wrote:
I definitely know many deferred ED candidates will end up on the waitlist. I know exactly what you mean, I wouldn't know what to do at that time. CBS is my top choice, but at some point I have to move on with my life.

Any idea how long one would have to wait if put on the waitlist?

With the waitlist, it's conceivable that you could have to wait until they make the final admit decision (probably some time in June).

How are your other apps coming along? My deferral prompted me to submit 4 additional R2 apps, all of which I feel are significantly better than what I submitted to CBS. Therein lies the problem with ED - it's well known that applications tend to get better over time, but applicants applying ED at Columbia are usually submitting their first - and probably worst - application of the season. What I wouldn't give to take another crack at those essays...
Stanford School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Schools:Booth
 Q48  V45
GPA: 3.39
Send PM
Just got an interview invite! This is so exciting! My first one!

Submitted 12/19

I'm in the spreadsheet- F/740 GMAT/3.4 GPA- top 10 liberal arts/4 years exp. in govt
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
BubbaWon wrote:
No. People, calm down. My god. Reading this forum is like observing a kindergarten class that just enjoyed a lunch of Pop Rocks and Red Bull Cola.

People make mistakes. What's your interviewer going to say in his report, "You know, josiebella struck me as a brilliant, engaging candidate until she put a question mark where she should have used a comma, so definitely ding this one."? No, of course not. Chill - no one is perfect.

Hey man, while I agree with the content of your message, you're being quite condescending in the way you're saying it. This message board, for better or for worse, is a communication tool for sharing with and supporting one another. Yes, sometimes that requires telling people that it sounds like they're overreacting, but not in a way that makes people feel like they're stupid and sad. I also am surprised to see you perusing this board if you're already committed to attending HBS - do you just like following this message board for a school you're not even going to attend because it makes you feel better about yourself since you've gotten in and others haven't?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
zeustheman wrote:
BubbaWon wrote:

Hey man, while I agree with the content of your message, you're being quite condescending in the way you're saying it. This message board, for better or for worse, is a communication tool for sharing with and supporting one another. Yes, sometimes that requires telling people that it sounds like they're overreacting, but not in a way that makes people feel like they're stupid and sad. I also am surprised to see you perusing this board if you're already committed to attending HBS - do you just like following this message board for a school you're not even going to attend because it makes you feel better about yourself since you've gotten in and others haven't?

Seriously. And what is more "kindergarten-esque".... worrying about an application or making fun of someone on a message board? Hmm...

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Consulting, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
zeustheman wrote:
I also am surprised to see you perusing this board if you're already committed to attending HBS - do you just like following this message board for a school you're not even going to attend because it makes you feel better about yourself since you've gotten in and others haven't?

Come on guys - let's not get into any wasteful arguments. I think your last statement is completely out of context.... I visit all forums even though I have not applied everywhere. I am sure Bubba is a regular visitor like many others..
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  131   132   133   134   135  ...  198