Last visit was: 11 May 2024, 08:19 It is currently 11 May 2024, 08:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Schools:Tepper Class of 2013
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
Wow, very fast turn around. Congratulations.

rockrock wrote:
i am in the sheet now ....

not sure what total profile consists of but i was 680 gmat / 3.6 gpa/ 5years work experience in s&t

i made it clear in essays that columbia was top choice (only applied to nyu and cbs). visited school about 5 times, sat in on 4 classes, spoke to tons and tons of students.... i pretty much courted them so they had no doubt how serious i was about attending. also helps that i live in nyc

simple1234 wrote:
rockrock wrote:
I was there as well. But as I said before , wasn't able to stay after. I was one of the admits so it was super exciting to find out that way! Hopefully I'll meet some of you at admitted students day..... At some point, we might want to exchange real names ;)

Hello ladies,

I left the conference while chatting with another prospective and forgot about the GMAT club meeting :( Josiebella (I assume you were among those who stood up, congrats again) and congratulations Rock Rock, It was great to see you ladies walk up after your names were called out. Rock Rock, can you share your profile please? I certainly hope I meet you ladies sometime in the near future. Fingers crossed fro Columbia.

I also remember one of the adcoms saying they had not received a bulk of their applications yet, so go ahead and apply if you really want to attend CBS, you should be fine.

To those who were dinged, I am so sorry, and wish you the very best with the rest of your aplications.

Still waiting.......
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Columbia (admitted), NYU (interviewed), Kellogg (interviewed), Duke (applied)
Send PM
The same thing happened to me, I saw someone I knew at the event and we left together to get coffee, I completely forgot! I'm bummed. But the event itself was really fantastic, I hope everyone enjoyed it too.

josiebella and other admits, will you be at CBS Connect on 2/11? We should definitely meet up, it would be nice to know some people there!

simple1234 wrote:
rockrock wrote:
I was there as well. But as I said before , wasn't able to stay after. I was one of the admits so it was super exciting to find out that way! Hopefully I'll meet some of you at admitted students day..... At some point, we might want to exchange real names ;)

Hello ladies,

I left the conference while chatting with another prospective and forgot about the GMAT club meeting :( Josiebella (I assume you were among those who stood up, congrats again) and congratulations Rock Rock, It was great to see you ladies walk up after your names were called out. Rock Rock, can you share your profile please? I certainly hope I meet you ladies sometime in the near future. Fingers crossed fro Columbia.

I also remember one of the adcoms saying they had not received a bulk of their applications yet, so go ahead and apply if you really want to attend CBS, you should be fine.

To those who were dinged, I am so sorry, and wish you the very best with the rest of your aplications.

Still waiting.......
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Concentration: International Business, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
chaoticsilence wrote:
VictoryMBA wrote:
Just submitted my Columbia app, and only 18 days late :wink: The upside is that I feel like they were my best essays yet, we'll see what happens.

I'm plugging away on my essays still. Hoping to get them out in the next couple of days. Although I'm contemplating if its too late to stand a realistic chance this year, and if I should rather apply in ED next year. Did you think of that option too?
Any stats around people with apps in Jan/Feb getting admits in the past?

If it makes you feel any better - I just submitted mine today. I had everything lined up, but it took me a while to get the essays in shape. To be honest, Columbia is a bit of a stretch for me anyway - so don't think the fact that I submitted near the end of January instead of the beginning of January is going to be a deciding factor.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Columbia (RD-int-ding), Wharton (ding), LBS (R2-int), Booth (R2-Admit!), Stern (R2)
Send PM
Hi Everyone-

Here is my timeline if it helps:

submitted: 12/22
complete: 12/30
Interview invite: 1/13
interview: 1/27 (it was tought to schedule)

good luck everyone!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Lisab0131 wrote:
Hi Everyone-

Here is my timeline if it helps:

submitted: 12/22
complete: 12/30
Interview invite: 1/13
interview: 1/27 (it was tought to schedule)

good luck everyone!

Ugh. I went under review on January 4th and still no word yet. I guess it's over for me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Just got an invite, submitted 12/08, complete and under review on 1/04

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:CBS, Kellogg, Ross (w/$$), Wharton , HBS
Send PM
pacific2atlantic wrote:
Is the interview invite extended via the applyyourself website and email? I am currently “Under Review” so if I understand correctly, the next “Status Update” could indicate EITHER “interview” or “Denied”, correct? Thanks

Yeah, you get an email from applyyourself that status has changed and when you log in it says you will be contacted about interview scheduling within 24 hours. And yes, at this point your next status update could either be an interview invitation or a final decision (not necessarily a ding).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Brand Management
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q45  V44
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
princessneha wrote:
The same thing happened to me, I saw someone I knew at the event and we left together to get coffee, I completely forgot! I'm bummed. But the event itself was really fantastic, I hope everyone enjoyed it too.

josiebella and other admits, will you be at CBS Connect on 2/11? We should definitely meet up, it would be nice to know some people there!

I will be at Columbia Connect yes! Let's try again to meet up there!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
I was checking CBS website and it says: Interviews are not required for admission to Columbia Business School.
Have you heard about someone that was accepted without an interview?
I am kind of anxious about getting an interview invitation... and my status says under review for a long time.
So, i just want to check if there is still hope!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
Beta wrote:
I was checking CBS website and it says: Interviews are not required for admission to Columbia Business School.
Have you heard about someone that was accepted without an interview?
I am kind of anxious about getting an interview invitation... and my status says under review for a long time.
So, i just want to check if there is still hope!

My theory based on absolutely nothing is that a pronouncement like that is of "cover your ass" variety. It's meant to protect CBS from criticism when/if they fast track the sons/daughters of kings and dictators of foreign countries into the program. I highly doubt us mere mortals would get in without an interview.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: AID
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Today, I passed the CFA Level I exam and was thinking of informing the Adcom about it. Has anybody sent any additional information? If yes, how?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Wharton/Lauder - Class of 2013
Send PM
Kudos
T

Originally posted by globalcitizen on 25 Jan 2011, 07:26.
Last edited by globalcitizen on 25 Jan 2011, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Schools:Wharton/Lauder - Class of 2013
Send PM
[

Originally posted by globalcitizen on 25 Jan 2011, 07:27.
Last edited by globalcitizen on 25 Jan 2011, 20:08, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Columbia (RD-int-ding), Wharton (ding), LBS (R2-int), Booth (R2-Admit!), Stern (R2)
Send PM
globalcitizen wrote:
vinaynp wrote:
Today, I passed the CFA Level I exam and was thinking of informing the Adcom about it. Has anybody sent any additional information? If yes, how?

You should definitely inform Adcom! Thats a huge accomplishment. I would just call them.

how did you get your score? Its supposed to be emailed to us and I still haven't gotten anything
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just passed level 1 as well. Contemplating on letting them know.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: AID
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Lisab0131 wrote:
globalcitizen wrote:
vinaynp wrote:

You should definitely inform Adcom! Thats a huge accomplishment. I would just call them.

how did you get your score? Its supposed to be emailed to us and I still haven't gotten anything

I got an email at 7:59 am CST
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GPA: 2.86
Send PM
Looked at some past threads and I thought the general consensus was that CFA doesn't really add much to your application, unless changing fields to show dedication. I mentioned passing L3 this past June in my essay, so hopefully that helps. I'd probably update the resume and inform them of the update...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  148   149   150   151   152  ...  198