Last visit was: 17 May 2024, 00:02 It is currently 17 May 2024, 00:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Mellon, USC, MIT, UCLA, NSCU
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
hello everybody!

merry christmas and happy new year to all

cornell waitlisted pls post your profiles, thanks

I too have been waitlisted for cornell MBA from R1...is there any thread for waitlisters?
if yes pls point me to that!

sjed
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
sjed wrote:
hello everybody!

merry christmas and happy new year to all

cornell waitlisted pls post your profiles, thanks

I too have been waitlisted for cornell MBA from R1...is there any thread for waitlisters?
if yes pls point me to that!

sjed

I am curious, how does it feel to be on WL? Is it worse than waiting for an interview invite?

Luckily for you, the number of applicants is very much down this year. So your chances are probably better than last year's. If you read the forum here for last year, a sizable of people on WL were accepted.

Good luck to you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
 Q50  V41
Send PM
reply embedded...
JinJJa wrote:

I am curious, how does it feel to be on WL? Is it worse than waiting for an interview invite?
no, i think better than waiting for interview invite. You know for sure that u have good feel from adcom

Luckily for you, the number of applicants is very much down this year. So your chances are probably better than last year's. If you read the forum here for last year, a sizable of people on WL were accepted.

fewer applicants doesn't necessarily mean less competition, quality of applicants will always be better than last year
But i sincerely hope wat ur saying is true :-D

Good luck to you.
Thanks and same to you, wats ur profile and school list?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Concentration: Operation, Supply Chain, Product Management
Schools:MIT Sloan 2012
Send PM
Can anyone let me know whether an on-campus interview for Johnson is conducted "blind" and questions will only be asked based on my resume?

OR if the the interviewer has read through my entire application in detail?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:General Management (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Hi does anyone know how well Johnson places on the West coast, particularly the bay area into tech? Product management, marketing, corporate strategy, etc.

thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: GM / Strategy
Schools:Yale SOM '12
Send PM
jzd wrote:
Can anyone let me know whether an on-campus interview for Johnson is conducted "blind" and questions will only be asked based on my resume?

OR if the the interviewer has read through my entire application in detail?

My interviewer at Johnson had glanced at my resume, but did not read my entire application.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
serenityprayer wrote:
Hi does anyone know how well Johnson places on the West coast, particularly the bay area into tech? Product management, marketing, corporate strategy, etc.

thanks!

I have heard from a credible source that Johnson, although places a sizable number of graduates in the West Coast each year, does not really have a strong number of recruiters coming from the West. This makes sense since Johnson is in NY State and few West Coast companies would make that long trip.

Silicon Valley does have a sizable Johnson alumni. But you will need to get a job in SV on mostly your own since most of the recruiting companies are looking to fill positions in the East or the Midwest.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [1]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Kudos
We had Intel, Chevron, Infosys, Qualcomm, Amgen, HP, and Amazon come to campus this year from out West for various functions. Maybe some others that I cant remember.

Generally about 10% end up out West after graduation.

serenityprayer wrote:

thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools:Kellogg, London Business School, Darden, Cornell
Send PM
Ready to throw my hat into the ring for what I guess would be R3. I have just started tackling the essay questions, so any tips would be much appreciated ! :)

On that note, Im curious as to how you all answered Question 2: "Essay 2: What career do you plan to pursue upon completing the MBA and why? How will the Johnson School help you achieve this goal? (400 words)" .... did you discuss just the immediate post-MBA goal, or talk long term as well ? And how much space, if any, did you dedicate to WHY that particular track was of interest to you ?

Happy New Years, everyone !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance,General Management
Schools:Ross (R1-Admit)
Send PM
Hey the dream
Someone had asked this question to Johnson Adcom at the BW forums and they said that you should mention the long-term goal. At least I did. As you can see you need to be really concise here. I hope others come in and add more info here.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management and Consulting
Schools:Cornell AMBA($$), Kellogg MBA(w/d), Ross(w/d), Ivey MBA(w/d), Haas
 Q50  V42
Send PM
TheDream wrote:
Ready to throw my hat into the ring for what I guess would be R3. I have just started tackling the essay questions, so any tips would be much appreciated ! :)

On that note, Im curious as to how you all answered Question 2: "Essay 2: What career do you plan to pursue upon completing the MBA and why? How will the Johnson School help you achieve this goal? (400 words)" .... did you discuss just the immediate post-MBA goal, or talk long term as well ? And how much space, if any, did you dedicate to WHY that particular track was of interest to you ?

Happy New Years, everyone !

its good to throw in a few words about your long term goal too. I elaborated on my short term goal and how it would be a stepping stone to my long term goal. I suspect the Adcom does look for that.

Regarding space, i would say devote 50% to why cornell and 50% to career goals/path. around 30-40% of that career path should be about the Why. But to each writer his own. once you start writing, see how the essays flows.
Current Student
Schools:Cornell '12
Send PM
:-D

Originally posted by hjf6 on 31 Dec 2009, 06:53.
Last edited by hjf6 on 18 Mar 2010, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools:Kellogg, London Business School, Darden, Cornell
Send PM
Thanks for the replies, everyone ! Much appreciated !

Any tips/thoughts on Essay 3, the table of contents question ? I have started off by putting together some basic chapter titles, but am wondering how to approach adding a 'description' to each chapter. FIrst person ? THird person ? What do you even say ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Concentration: Operation, Supply Chain, Product Management
Schools:MIT Sloan 2012
Send PM
I did it first person

I made the heading and sub-sections of each chapter kinda conversational. Kinda like I was asking my parents questions as I was growing up etc

TheDream wrote:

Any tips/thoughts on Essay 3, the table of contents question ? I have started off by putting together some basic chapter titles, but am wondering how to approach adding a 'description' to each chapter. FIrst person ? THird person ? What do you even say ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management and Consulting
Schools:Cornell AMBA($$), Kellogg MBA(w/d), Ross(w/d), Ivey MBA(w/d), Haas
 Q50  V42
Send PM
TheDream wrote:

Well this is the time to be creative. :wink: . Just check a lot of biographies and see how the authors have given their table of contents. Try to even bring a unique side of your personality in those descriptions. If you are deep philosophical guy or a humorous person or even a sarcastic person ( like me :) ) try to see whether you can bring that theme to those descriptions. First person or third person description is fine. Mine where one liners for each chapter giving hints to the reader about how my story unfolds in a particular chapter. You are 'TheDream' so just dream about your past life and you will find your words.:-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance,General Management
Schools:Ross (R1-Admit)
Send PM
Hey the dream
You can take a neutral approach. neither first person nor third person. For example- rather than saying I decided to do ABC you can say: doing ABC- dreaming to be PQR etc etc
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Yale, Michigan, Cornell $$, Duke
 Q45  V46
Send PM
Lexi25 wrote:
Anyone get their Park Finalist pack in their email? Are you guys all going to stay with a current Park fellow or stay at a hotel? I'm leaning towards hotel (the Statler).

Yes, I prefer a hotel so I can be assured a comfortable night's sleep. I'm staying at the Hilton Garden Inn near campus. Look forward to meeting you.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30  ...  72