[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "299_school_count"
Calling all Degroote MBA Fulltime and Co-op Aspirants Fall 2021 intake : DeGroote (McMaster) - Page 15
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 20:03 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 20:03
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: ISB'22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 2.94
Send PM
Re: Calling all Degroote MBA Fulltime and Co-op Aspirants Fall 2021 intake [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi Guys,

I got admitted to the Degroote Coop MBA program with $7500 scholarship, while I also got an offer from Mcgill's MBA program with $35000 scholarship.
I am having trouble deciding where I should go. I understand Mcgill is the top univeristy in Canada and even in the world, but the French language really concerns me.

I am looking for your wise adivces for helping me making the decision.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Degroote MBA Fulltime and Co-op Aspirants Fall 2021 intake [#permalink]
First of all Congratulations for your admit at both schools.

As you have mentioned your concern regarding French Language, I would suggest you to go for McGill. As McGill is one of the best school across world, MBA from McGill will give you an edge at global level. DeGroote is also one of the best but I think McGill is superior in all aspect than McMaster. There are many friends and colleagues of mine staying in Montreal and for them french is not a barrier.

Another factor is that you are getting $35000 scholarship which is very rare and it eventually reduces overall cost for program.

Good luck with your decision.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
2021mbacanada wrote:
Hi Guys,

I got admitted to the Degroote Coop MBA program with $7500 scholarship, while I also got an offer from Mcgill's MBA program with $35000 scholarship.
I am having trouble deciding where I should go. I understand Mcgill is the top univeristy in Canada and even in the world, but the French language really concerns me.

Hi there congrats on the offer. when did you submit your application and when did you interview? And did only today you receive the admit email?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Hello 2021mbacanada,
Congratulations 🎊
I would also agree with what Viraj1910 said. Definitely opt for McGill

Current Student
Send PM
VIRAJ1910 wrote:
First of all Congratulations for your admit at both schools.

As you have mentioned your concern regarding French Language, I would suggest you to go for McGill. As McGill is one of the best school across world, MBA from McGill will give you an edge at global level. DeGroote is also one of the best but I think McGill is superior in all aspect than McMaster. There are many friends and colleagues of mine staying in Montreal and for them french is not a barrier.

Another factor is that you are getting $35000 scholarship which is very rare and it eventually reduces overall cost for program.

Good luck with your decision.

Thank you so much VIRAJ1910.

Tuition is not my main concern, because after counting the scholarship from both schools, it's almost the same amount. (Mcgill is $48,000, McMaster $40,000).

It's just that the Coop experience from McMaster is so appealing to me, the idea of working for 3 different companies while you pursue your MBA is so attractive.

Because my background is not business, I really would love to explore the business industries from the 3 coop terms.
Current Student
Send PM
sharcan66 wrote:
2021mbacanada wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hi there congrats on the offer. when did you submit your application and when did you interview? And did only today you receive the admit email?

I submitted my application before Christmans, did my interview couple weeks ago, and received my offer yesterday.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I know the reason for attraction but it’s for students with less than 2 years of experience and student with experience outside canada so completing it in shorter time period will give immense job opportunities. After all it depends on your priorities.

Good luck.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Other, Healthcare
GPA: 3.81
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM