Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:51 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Nonprofit/Social Enterprise, Consulting
Schools:Haas (in!), Kellogg (ding), Ross (in!), Fuqua (in!)
WE 1: Government/Defense
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Duke 2012
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Duke!! (CBS-in, Texas-in, Yale-WL, Haas-R)
Send PM
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
Has anyone received an invitation for a R2 interview? The silence is killing me...I don't know if I can wait until Feb! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General Management and Entrepreneurship
Schools:Booth (int-ding), Ross (admit), Said (admit), Fuqua (int-WL), McCombs (int-ding)
 Q51  V42
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: 2.5 Years with Tata Motors Limited (Automobile Manufacturing)
WE 2: 1.5 Years with Lanco Infratech Limited (Power Generation)
Send PM
i dont think duke sends out invites before the interview deadline date...so expect it by feb 4...hold on there....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi, I submitted my application for R2 on Jan 5, The status shows "Submitted"... any idea when that would get converted to "Completed" or should I call Duke?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools:Booth (int-ding), Ross (admit), Said (admit), Fuqua (int-WL), McCombs (int-ding)
 Q51  V42
Send PM
by the end of this month, you should get an email from duke about the completion status. for me, it took about 3 weeks. It usually takes lesser. If you dont get it by jan last week or feb 1, i think you should call them up, coz the interview deadline would be coming up and you dont want to screw it up.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
^^
My stats:

Application submitted for R1: Nov 1

Completion status received: Nov 10th

Interview invite: December 22

Interview : Jan 8th ( Dates here were pretty flexible .. two weeks time as per your convenience)

Decision Status: expected on 31st JAN that is monday
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Duke (R1-int/WL), UCLA (R1), Haas (R2-int/WL-ding), Cornell - R3 (Accepted with $$), , Darden Class of 2013 (R2)
WE 1: 4 years non profit management
WE 2: 2 years real estate
Send PM
ans wrote:
^^
My stats:

Interview : Jan 8th ( Dates here were pretty flexible .. two weeks time as per your convenience)

Although I like December 22 (as it's my birthday) I think you are confused - All Duke's invites were sent on December 17, as far as I know.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
MBAIsrael wrote:
ans wrote:
^^
My stats:

Although I like December 22 (as it's my birthday) I think you are confused - All Duke's invites were sent on December 17, as far as I know.

Well I agree to december 17th as well !!

There are two ways of looking at this, One is Interview Status: Invited on 17th december Another is Invitation email to candidates ( may be it was different for different candidates).. december 22nd..

But One thing is sure that all of r1 applicants who were invited as well as open round will get their decision on same day :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q51  V42
Send PM
yup..dec 17th we all got the invitation to interview...after that, we got individual emails about how to schedule the interview...that varied for all of us...also, we had to finish our interviews by jan 14th..now waiting time..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:Fuqua 2013 (admitted w/ $)
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
FWIW, I'm pretty sure applicants in previous years have been called on the preceding Friday when the decision date falls on a Monday. I'm not sure that will happen this year for R1 applicants, but it appears to have happened in the past.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:Fuqua 2013 (admitted w/ $)
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
ATLapplicant wrote:
FWIW, I'm pretty sure applicants in previous years have been called on the preceding Friday when the decision date falls on a Monday. I'm not sure that will happen this year for R1 applicants, but it appears to have happened in the past.

Correction:

Based on posts from last year, it looks like R1 applicants received word on or around Friday, January 15, 2010. The published decision date last year was January 19, 2010. After reading a little further, it looks like there may have been an accidental email sent to applicants forcing the AdCom's hand and resulting in decisions being released early. I doubt we can count on that happening again this year. Oh well,...looks like our wait will include another weekend.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
 Q49  V35 GMAT 2: 740  Q49  V42
Send PM
I am a reapplicant to Duke and was waitlisted last year. I applied in R1(Nov1) and interviewed on the first day of Open interviews. I have a GMAT score of 700 (49-Q, 35-V) and recently got waitlisted by Emory with the reason of a low GMAT. What will you folks suggest that 700 is too low for an Indian Candidate? And maybe that was the reason for waitlist at Duke last year? Should I schedule another GMAT in March and inform Duke and Emory that I am reapplying, before Duke sends the decision in end of Jan? Would look forward to suggestions from members here.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
aakaps wrote:
I am a reapplicant to Duke and was waitlisted last year. I applied in R1(Nov1) and interviewed on the first day of Open interviews. I have a GMAT score of 700 (49-Q, 35-V) and recently got waitlisted by Emory with the reason of a low GMAT. What will you folks suggest that 700 is too low for an Indian Candidate? And maybe that was the reason for waitlist at Duke last year? Should I schedule another GMAT in March and inform Duke and Emory that I am reapplying, before Duke sends the decision in end of Jan? Would look forward to suggestions from members here.

From the aggregated pool, your gmat score is fine but relative to other Indians, it is on the low side. I was told that even if you don't achieve a big jump in gmat score, the act of taking the test shows your commitments to adcoms. If in fact the adcoms had said your weakness is the gmat score, I can't see why you shouldn't retake the test.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nyxjf wrote:
aakaps wrote:

From the aggregated pool, your gmat score is fine but relative to other Indians, it is on the low side. I was told that even if you don't achieve a big jump in gmat score, the act of taking the test shows your commitments to adcoms. If in fact the adcoms had said your weakness is the gmat score, I can't see why you shouldn't retake the test.

Just a last thought which crosses my mind is....what if I am already being selected. Will retaking the GMAT make that decision pending and put me on a waitlist? Or will that have no negative impact? Just a thought.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
aakaps wrote:
nyxjf wrote:
aakaps wrote:

Just a last thought which crosses my mind is....what if I am already being selected. Will retaking the GMAT make that decision pending and put me on a waitlist? Or will that have no negative impact? Just a thought.

I think you are, like a lot of us, over-thinking the issue. They clearly stated your weakness- work on it and show them different.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes I am retaking the GMAT for Emory and will tell them too. For Duke, they never pointed out last time why I was waitlisted, so thats the thought, should I send a note now, so near to the decision deadline and tell them I am retaking?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Duke (R1- WL), Kellogg (R2-WL)
 Q51  V40
GPA: 3.75
WE 1: High-tech (4.5 years)
Send PM
aakaps wrote:
Yes I am retaking the GMAT for Emory and will tell them too. For Duke, they never pointed out last time why I was waitlisted, so thats the thought, should I send a note now, so near to the decision deadline and tell them I am retaking?

If I were you, I would not mention anything to Duke yet. GMAT is just one small component of a candidate's profile. Much import is given to essays, backgound, GPA, extracurriculars, "fit" etc. to stress on GMAT. More importantly though, 700 is by no means a low score. I think its a good score. I know several Indian folks that have gone to pursue MBAs at lower GMATs.

Wait until decision date.. Duke might be admitting you anyway right?

In the mean time, you can proceed to let Emory know that you are re-taking the test. Btw, did Emory specifically say that its only a low GMAT thats prompted them to waitlist you?

Just my $0.02...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kt2011 wrote:
aakaps wrote:

If I were you, I would not mention anything to Duke yet. GMAT is just one small component of a candidate's profile. Much import is given to essays, backgound, GPA, extracurriculars, "fit" etc. to stress on GMAT. More importantly though, 700 is by no means a low score. I think its a good score. I know several Indian folks that have gone to pursue MBAs at lower GMATs.

Wait until decision date.. Duke might be admitting you anyway right?

In the mean time, you can proceed to let Emory know that you are re-taking the test. Btw, did Emory specifically say that its only a low GMAT thats prompted them to waitlist you?

Just my $0.02...

Well with my entrepreneurial focus, Emory admitted to One Year MBA which I am not sure of. They waitlisted me for 2 year and encouraged me to take a GMAT. Not specifically saying its the GMAT score but also saying 1 year may be suited for what I am trying to get out of MBA.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  53   54   55   56   57  ...  133   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts