GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 May 2020, 15:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Duke-Fuqua Accepted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.36
Re: Calling all Duke-Fuqua Accepted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2015, 05:34
abdc99 wrote:
Hi guys

Anyone heard back from the background checking folks? it feel like it's taken too long.

it's a 75$ service (or 100$), of course it would be slow and basic
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
Crowdsourcing for Duke MBA Blog Topics  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2015, 16:25
Hi everyone, welcome to the team! I know many of you are debating between offers or just want to learn more about the Fuqua MBA. I'm a current second year MBA student at Duke and maintain a blog that focuses primarily on my MBA experience.

I'd like to "crowdsource" topics for future blog posts from readers of this thread.

I've had readers request I write about some topics in the past, and find that they are more relevant to what readers want to read about. I'd like to open this up to everyone who is reading this thread. I'm graduating in a couple of months, so now is a good time to reflect on what you all want to learn about the experience. You can find my blog here to see what topics have been covered in the past.

Please shoot me a PM and I would be happy to find out what you're curious to learn about the Duke MBA.
Manager
Manager
Re: Calling all Duke-Fuqua Accepted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2015, 21:19
Congrats to all R1 admits! I'm excited to share with you guys that http://www.tripweave.com has officially launched. We are bringing powerful pre-MBA travel experiences to a select group of schools, and Fuqua is one of them. After graduating Harvard undergrad, I've pursued my life's passion of connecting people to each other and the world through travel. Now, I'm thrilled to share this new opportunity with incoming b-school students. As we get off the ground in 2015, experienced travelers are welcome to contact us at info@tripweave.com for information on how you can help facilitate one of our amazing experiences for you and your classmates. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2015, 12:50
Hi All -

I may be a little late to the punch on this, but is it appropriate to ask the scholarship committee to reconsider your scholarship status on the basis of offers received from other schools? If so, what is the protocol for this? I'm very interested in Fuqua but am trying to decide between Fuqua and 2 other schools, one of which did not offer any scholarship money (like Fuqua), the other of which did (1/3 tuition). Thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2015, 08:28
17MBAApplicant wrote:
Hi All -

I may be a little late to the punch on this, but is it appropriate to ask the scholarship committee to reconsider your scholarship status on the basis of offers received from other schools? If so, what is the protocol for this? I'm very interested in Fuqua but am trying to decide between Fuqua and 2 other schools, one of which did not offer any scholarship money (like Fuqua), the other of which did (1/3 tuition). Thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I read the following for fuqua- might help:
//
Students such as yourself who are interested in having their applications re-evaluated for merit based awards must send an e-mail indicating the merit based reasons for why you would like to be reconsidered. Our decisions will be based on the relative merit of your application compared to the pool of admitted students and cannot be based on competing scholarship offers or cost of the program (think in terms of what is the value-add you will bring to the program). If you are interested in pursuing this option, please send an e-mail to admitted@fuqua.duke.edu and your request will be reviewed at the next scholarship meeting. Please note the scholarship committee does not convene with each request for reconsideration but does meet on a regular schedule. You will be notified via email once the committee has reviewed your request. Keep in mind with the holidays many of our staff will be out of the office until the first of the year but I would recommend getting this written and sent in the next 1-2 weeks. Please include “Scholarship Reconsideration Request” in the subject line of your email.

//
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Duke '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2015, 18:20
abdc99 wrote:
Hi guys

Anyone heard back from the background checking folks? it feel like it's taken too long.

Maybe they found something..... Just kidding. I was EA and I just found out I was complete on 29 Jan. I initially paid my $75 on 5 Nov.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 08:17
Thrilled to finally be able to post here :-D
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V51
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 08:45
SC29 wrote:
Thrilled to finally be able to post here :-D

Me too! :-D
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q168 V159

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 14:23
I have a question- Does anyone know if international students admitted to Fuqua get loans for both Tuition and living expenses or just Tuition?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 00:00
Congratulations to all admitted students! This is surely a very exciting time for us all and I look forward to meeting you in person.

Just a quick question, has any of the Round 2 admits been able to log onto the ISW website?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.8
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 03:39
ZSiegfried wrote:
Congratulations to all admitted students! This is surely a very exciting time for us all and I look forward to meeting you in person.

Just a quick question, has any of the Round 2 admits been able to log onto the ISW website?

As far as I understand we will receive an email with additional instructions regarding ISW. Letter of admission states "Look for an e-mail with login instructions to begin networking with future classmates"
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 10:01
Got the call yesterday!! :D. Also still waiting on the ISW.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2015, 02:17
Seems the ISW info came through this morning.

Who is going to BDW? It sounds amazing!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 580 Q37 V32
GMAT 2: 570 Q36 V32
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Calling all Duke-Fuqua Accepted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2015, 13:46
okestra - congratulations! The international student co signor loans at Fuqua offer 90% of the cost of attendance. This does include living expenses too.

Posted from my mobile device

-MBAJunkie
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 580 Q37 V32
GMAT 2: 570 Q36 V32
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2015, 14:16
SC29 wrote:

SC29 - Congratulations! I'll be there :) Look forward to seeing you. Are you on the FB page already?

-MBAJunkie
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2015, 03:55
MBAjunkie16 wrote:
SC29 wrote:

SC29 - Congratulations! I'll be there :) Look forward to seeing you. Are you on the FB page already?

Yup - are you? Congrats to you too :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2015, 09:50
EndGame wrote:
I read the following for fuqua- might help:
//
Students such as yourself who are interested in having their applications re-evaluated for merit based awards must send an e-mail indicating the merit based reasons for why you would like to be reconsidered. Our decisions will be based on the relative merit of your application compared to the pool of admitted students and cannot be based on competing scholarship offers or cost of the program (think in terms of what is the value-add you will bring to the program). If you are interested in pursuing this option, please send an e-mail to admitted@fuqua.duke.edu and your request will be reviewed at the next scholarship meeting. Please note the scholarship committee does not convene with each request for reconsideration but does meet on a regular schedule. You will be notified via email once the committee has reviewed your request. Keep in mind with the holidays many of our staff will be out of the office until the first of the year but I would recommend getting this written and sent in the next 1-2 weeks. Please include “Scholarship Reconsideration Request” in the subject line of your email.

//

EndGame, would you mind sharing where you found this? Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 14:22
Hello all, I'm a R2 admit! I have 2 quick questions...

1) How long did it take Fuqua to send the admission packet and all? I heard they also send Duke stuff (i.e. school goodies) as well, so I've been dying to get those...!! (or is that just a rumor?!)

2) Also, for international students out there - how long did it take for the I-20 to come out??
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 16:47
mildsky88 wrote:

1) How long did it take Fuqua to send the admission packet and all? I heard they also send Duke stuff (i.e. school goodies) as well, so I've been dying to get those...!! (or is that just a rumor?!)

I've heard this too. FWIW, I'm in North Carolina, and haven't gotten anything yet.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 23:25
mildsky88 wrote:

2) Also, for international students out there - how long did it take for the I-20 to come out??

That is what I have read on ISW: you will receive the web link and password to initiate the visa process within one week of receipt of your tuition deposit; Fuqua will issue visa documents within two weeks of receipt of all required hard copy and electronic documents.
So it will take at least 2-3 weeks after receipt of your deposit.

It would be helpful if someone shares his/her experience.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Duke-Fuqua Accepted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017)   [#permalink] 16 Mar 2015, 23:25

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 87 posts ] 

Calling all Duke-Fuqua Accepted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: RicAssassin, vinayakvaish