Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 22:10 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools: Duke '17 (M)
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 2.91
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke-Fuqua Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
KaptainK wrote:
itsworththepain wrote:
Has anyone received final decisions (post interview) for round 1 yet? I thought they will do a mass roll out of desions on 18th Dec?

I see a few have as per the stats at the start of this topic but don't know how valid is tht number given as per those stats some hv also received final desions for round 2 as well (which hasnt even begun yet :-D )

R1 decisions are not out yet. R1 interviews are on-going right now (ends on 9-Dec). Decisions will be out on 19-Dec. Some might have inadvertently selected the wrong option in their profiles so thats what we see in the stats summary. Ignore that.

Thanks a lot! That's what I thought too!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
ChunC wrote:
I sent him the note 6 hrs after my interview. But I guess some people just don't respond.

Don't worry about it. I had my first interview with an 03 graduates who never replied any emails to me. So I txted him the thank you letter... You can try to txt him/her if he/she gives you a name card... But I won't take that as a deal breaker~~[/quote]

I wouldn't stress about it. I also wouldn't advise texting. One email is plenty. You don't want to be that guy that is desperate for a second date.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.45
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
KaptainK wrote:
I sent a thank you note to the interviewer and I did not get any response from him. I am worried. :?

I would not worry. It has nothing to do with whether you did good or bad. He probably hasn't seen your email or he received 10+ thank you emails and thought he didn't have to answer them all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
I sent a thank you note in the mail. Outdated way of communication, I know. Does anyone know how thank you notes/emails play into the interview? Is there a box the interviewer checks in the final report, is it simply to leave a good final impression on the interviewer...etc?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
DLEmba wrote:
I sent a thank you note in the mail. Outdated way of communication, I know. Does anyone know how thank you notes/emails play into the interview? Is there a box the interviewer checks in the final report, is it simply to leave a good final impression on the interviewer...etc?

I don't think there's any check box for that. If I conducted 10 or more interviews on one day, I would love to receive a thank you from any one after they leave. It would sure make me feel I did something nice that day. That's why I personally sent one to my interviewer. However, I think applicants generally do things like that coz they just want to leave something memorable (that's probably why you also should speak up when visiting a school)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hey guys-

I have to do a retake of the GMAT and was wondering what is Fuqua's policy on Official Scores? I know on the site it says that it's not complete until they have the official in, but does that mean it can come in a couple days after the deadline? Right now aiming for Dec 22nd (2 weeks before) but want to try and push it a few days to maybe the 26th if i can. Fuqua is my #1 choice so definitely don't want to mess it up lol
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mysterio24 wrote:
Hey guys-

I have to do a retake of the GMAT and was wondering what is Fuqua's policy on Official Scores? I know on the site it says that it's not complete until they have the official in, but does that mean it can come in a couple days after the deadline? Right now aiming for Dec 22nd (2 weeks before) but want to try and push it a few days to maybe the 26th if i can. Fuqua is my #1 choice so definitely don't want to mess it up lol

As long as you take the GMAT before the deadline (even a day or two and can put it into the application), you should be OK... even though the official scores may not be sent to the school for a week or two or three.... I doubt they will be reading your essays on Christmas... though you never know :wink:
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
bb wrote:
Mysterio24 wrote:
Hey guys-

As long as you take the GMAT before the deadline (even a day or two and can put it into the application), you should be OK... even though the official scores may not be sent to the school for a week or two or three.... I doubt they will be reading your essays on Christmas... though you never know :wink:

Thanks for the reply! I may have misworded what I meant. I didn't mean I'd send the application in before Christmas. I want to retake my GMAT on the 27th or 29th (1 week before the application deadline). The deadline for Fuqua is Jan. 5th. My concern is that their website states they need the official scores in order to mark my application to be complete. Has anyone heard if it would be OK for official to come in a few days after that deadline?

Basically put unofficial scores in, but official scores MAY come in after the deadline. I know some schools have a hard rule on that and I just want to check with anyone had experience or heard things about the policy. I just don't want to get dinged or moved to R3 for my official scores coming in a few days later that's all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I interviewed this week. It was a great experience. The interview format was a lot less structured than what I read on here or expected. Did not seem like there were a set of questions that he/she had to ask me, but of course your going to get the obvious ones. It was very conversational and A LOT of follow up questions. As long as you know your story and reasons for an MBA, you should be good. The rest is out of our control. It lasted about 45-50min. Best of luck!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Two more weeks to go for the D-day!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Send PM
Mysterio24 wrote:
bb wrote:
Mysterio24 wrote:
Hey guys-

Thanks for the reply! I may have misworded what I meant. I didn't mean I'd send the application in before Christmas. I want to retake my GMAT on the 27th or 29th (1 week before the application deadline). The deadline for Fuqua is Jan. 5th. My concern is that their website states they need the official scores in order to mark my application to be complete. Has anyone heard if it would be OK for official to come in a few days after that deadline?

Basically put unofficial scores in, but official scores MAY come in after the deadline. I know some schools have a hard rule on that and I just want to check with anyone had experience or heard things about the policy. I just don't want to get dinged or moved to R3 for my official scores coming in a few days later that's all.

The deadline stated on the website (Jan 5 for your case) is only for the things to be done/submitted by you, which include taking tests and submitting your application. If you fail to do any of these two, your application will be pushed to the next round. There is another deadline (usually a few days after the application deadline) that's for the things that will not be submitted by you directly such as recommendation letters and official scores. For my round, the application deadline was Sep 17 and the one for recommendation/official scores was Sep 26. I can consider myself lucky because it was 9 days; Usually it's less than that (Darden gave me 3 days only before they had to push it for another 3 days as the system was down at that time)

The other deadline can be found on the Duke's portal. once you submit your application, you will be sent an email telling you that your application status is incomplete and you will also be provided with a link to SISS portal where you can log in and find that deadline. If you are in a hurry, you can email the admission office and they should tell you the deadline
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Interviewed in SF today. A group of about 10 alums and an Adcom came out for the process. Got there a little early and chitchatted with a few alums (even met and conversed with alum before the actual interview).
Interview was 45 min. Typical questions. My interviewer seemed genuinely interested in both getting to know me and expressing what Fuqua had to offer.
The Team Fuqua concept was on display for the entire event. All of the alums got along so well. It was like witnessing a mini reunion. The support and passion for Fuqua was almost infectious.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Send PM
fbpointgod10 wrote:
Interviewed in SF today. A group of about 10 alums and an Adcom came out for the process. Got there a little early and chitchatted with a few alums (even met and conversed with alum before the actual interview).
Interview was 45 min. Typical questions. My interviewer seemed genuinely interested in both getting to know me and expressing what Fuqua had to offer.
The Team Fuqua concept was on display for the entire event. All of the alums got along so well. It was like witnessing a mini reunion. The support and passion for Fuqua was almost infectious.

Good to hear this and good luck!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Sustainability, Finance
Schools: Duke '17 (A)
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Any admitted students have their background completed yet? I know they said it takes 2-4 weeks, but its been a bit longer for me and havent heard anything yet
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.69
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Mysterio24 wrote:
bb wrote:
Mysterio24 wrote:
Hey guys-

I took the GMAT two days before the R1 deadline and didn't have any issues. I submitted my unofficial scores with my application and followed up with the school once I received notice from GMAC that my official scores had been reported to Fuqua.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Duke '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Alright everyone. 11 days to go for D-Day. What are people doing to keep themselves sane? I feel like I need a support group. :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Re-reading the entire website to stay sane, not sure I would recommend it.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34  ...  71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts