Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 23:44 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 23:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke-Fuqua Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
spanxtr wrote:
Fosterizer wrote:
Do you guys know what percentage of invited, interviewed applicants get accepted? I've heard that the interview is a HUGE part of the final decision at Fuqua. My interview was unfortunately pretty straightforward (Why MBA/Why Fuqua/Goals/Weakness) and I didn't have an opportunity to tell my stories. I wonder how that will be judged.

I heard it was about 50% but i'm not sure if that percentage is accurate.

I had my interview as well. I didn't really speak my work functions or work success. I focused more on my team building/team work stories. should I be worried????

I am not sure if the interview is a HUGE part. I do think that the questions everyone gets asked are more or less similar. But I think they are looking for very specific things about you that are not presented in other parts of application.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [3]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Send PM
Kudos
Had a class visit as well as a lunch today, interview tomorrow. Pretty large crowd today at about 20.

For anyone coming into Durham, I hit up a joint called "Only Burger" on Shannon Road for some takeout tonight, and it was delicious! Bonus; you can buy beer (craft beer at that) to go. Highly recommend it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Duke '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
KaptainK wrote:
anupamgupta2112 wrote:
Alright everyone. 11 days to go for D-Day. What are people doing to keep themselves sane? I feel like I need a support group. :D

I am trying to focus on my R2 apps, unsuccessfully. I am definitely spending lot of time reading last year's thread. Not recommended.

I can't even BEGIN writing a word of R2 essays...The thought itself makes me depressed..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
forevertfc wrote:
Had a class visit as well as a lunch today, interview tomorrow. Pretty large crowd today at about 20.

For anyone coming into Durham, I hit up a joint called "Only Burger" on Shannon Road for some takeout tonight, and it was delicious! Bonus; you can buy beer (craft beer at that) to go. Highly recommend it.

Where was this comment this weekend? I can't complain about my dinner choice, but take-away craft beer sounds awesome! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.25
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
KaptainK wrote:
anupamgupta2112 wrote:
Alright everyone. 11 days to go for D-Day. What are people doing to keep themselves sane? I feel like I need a support group. :D

I am trying to focus on my R2 apps, unsuccessfully. I am definitely spending lot of time reading last year's thread. Not recommended.

I'm in the same boat...I saw an earlier post where you interviewed on Monday. I was there too- I think I was "the Army guy" you referenced. I didn't actually interview until Tuesday, but I enjoyed my visit/interview. Best of luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Send PM
Interviewed. Probably the best I had to date. it took an hour, the common "whys" and also some behavioral questions as mentioned here. Another sizable crowd on hand for today.

And now we wait. I really don't want to start any R2 apps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Send PM
highfive wrote:
forevertfc wrote:

Where was this comment this weekend? I can't complain about my dinner choice, but take-away craft beer sounds awesome! :)

Maybe we can explore their selection in the Fall... :wink:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
usmabama wrote:
KaptainK wrote:
anupamgupta2112 wrote:

I'm in the same boat...I saw an earlier post where you interviewed on Monday. I was there too- I think I was "the Army guy" you referenced. I didn't actually interview until Tuesday, but I enjoyed my visit/interview. Best of luck.

I can't recall your face. I am terrible at remembering faces.But nice meeting you again in the cyberspace!

how did your interview go?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
forevertfc wrote:
highfive wrote:
forevertfc wrote:

Maybe we can explore their selection in the Fall... :wink:

Durham certainly has few brewerys with good selections. If we all get admitted, may be we can hold a kick off event at these brewerys.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.7
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
I had my interview on the 8th. My interviewer was very friendly. I was asked the usual questions. I got the feeling that he wanted to know me and why I was interested in the program. Everybody I met at Fuqua was very warm and friendly, the reason why Fuqua is my first choice .
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: Students Serving the Community
On a Friday in October, 250 students from Fuqua and the greater Duke graduate school community, together with faculty and staff, packed over 50,000 meal bags for Stop Hunger Now, a local non-profit. The meals will be sent to underserved individuals in 65 countries around the world. Stop Hunger Now is an annual event at Fuqua and it’s an incredibly fun way to spend an evening on campus before Fuqua Friday gets into full swing. All together, we packed 52,000 meals and raised $12,800.

This is just one example of service opportunities at Fuqua. Some others occur during the Consequential Leadership 1 course (better known as CLEAD 1) when each student participates in a Habitat for Humanity build day, or during the holidays when each class section buys gifts for families staying at a local shelter, or during the spring semester when members of the Net Impact club go to a local high school to teach an entrepreneurship course and during the annual Blue Cup competition when students at Duke and UNC come together to do a joint service event. In addition, there are plenty of opportunities to give back around the Durham community with the Duke University Hospital volunteer programs and other local non-profits such as Urban Ministries.

I joined the meal-packing fun
I have made it a priority to get involved with service at Fuqua, and even when (especially when!) things get busy and stressful, community service is a great way to be compassionate toward others, connect with the Durham community and remind ourselves of how fortunate we are to have the immense opportunities Fuqua provides.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Any tips on how to get in touch with current students and alumni at Fuqua ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ishank17 wrote:
Any tips on how to get in touch with current students and alumni at Fuqua ?

i reached out to student club officers and used linkedin to reach out to alumni
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Duke '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I used LinkedIn and Facebook. Find someone from a similar demographic/company/nationality/etc, and cold message them. Do this for several people and hopefully someone will get back with you.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 345 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3
Send PM
Anyone know when Duke lets us know of acceptance? Can we expect a call a day or two before the deadline?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Duke '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
PeterHAllen wrote:
Anyone know when Duke lets us know of acceptance? Can we expect a call a day or two before the deadline?

You should know on the day of the deadline. They typically call admitted applicants.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Kudos
All the best for the final result guys
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  71   
Moderators: