GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Nov 2018, 08:09

LIVE NOW!

LBS is Calling R1 Admits - Join Chat Room to Catch the Latest Action

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Duke Fuqua Executive MBA applicants - Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GPA: 3.8
WE: Project Management (Insurance)
Calling all Duke Fuqua Executive MBA applicants - Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 24 Sep 2018, 08:27
Hello All!

I'm a current student of Duke's Executive MBA. Post all your WEMBA/GEMBA related questions here, and I will try my level best to answer those.

Best of luck &
Regards

Originally posted by mspmet on 16 Jul 2018, 11:03.
Last edited by Narenn on 24 Sep 2018, 08:27, edited 2 times in total.
Data table
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua Executive MBA applicants - Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2018, 11:33
Hi There,

Thanks for opening this thread. I have my interview scheduled for this Friday. Will be visiting the school for that and attending the open house too. How is the interview like? And also can you provide details on the list of electives..can't see much info on that on the website...
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua Executive MBA applicants - Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2018, 11:48
Hello help me evaluate my profile please

Uzbekistan Male 27 years old

Gmat 690 now (q45 v39) plan to retake

gpa: first class degree UK university Banking and Finance

Ielts: 8

Work experience small company deputy director, 2+ years

President of student council in my university

Debating club champ, headed research club activities in university.

Any additional info required ?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2018, 19:27
varnikaverma wrote:
Hi There,

Thanks for opening this thread. I have my interview scheduled for this Friday. Will be visiting the school for that and attending the open house too. How is the interview like? And also can you provide details on the list of electives..can't see much info on that on the website...

Hi varnika,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

Assuming that you have already gone thru your interview, I'm replying to your other part. There are 6 electives to chose from - Strategy, Health sector, entrepreneurship, finance, marketing and leadership. You will get to choose your electives during your term 4.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2018, 19:29
Bob2018 wrote:
Hello help me evaluate my profile please

Uzbekistan Male 27 years old

Gmat 690 now (q45 v39) plan to retake

gpa: first class degree UK university Banking and Finance

Ielts: 8

Work experience small company deputy director, 2+ years

President of student council in my university

Debating club champ, headed research club activities in university.

Any additional info required ?

Are you asking for your profile evaluation for Executive MBA programs?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2018, 11:46
No not executive because for that I need a stronger work experience. I am asking for full time MBA

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.12

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2018, 02:17
Hi All,

Can someone help me with the following questions for the daytime MBA application?
- In the coursework section, they ask for grades in areas such as Calculus, Statistics etc. My undergraduate studies had these courses, however, the names were not exactly same. How should i mention the grades then. The text box has a word limit and hence cannot enter course names in detail

- Is there a place in the application where i can add a few of the online programs i have done such as through websites such as coursera?

Thanks in advance
Ravi
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2018, 06:31
ravi1608 wrote:
Hi All,

Can someone help me with the following questions for the daytime MBA application?
- In the coursework section, they ask for grades in areas such as Calculus, Statistics etc. My undergraduate studies had these courses, however, the names were not exactly same. How should i mention the grades then. The text box has a word limit and hence cannot enter course names in detail

- Is there a place in the application where i can add a few of the online programs i have done such as through websites such as coursera?

Thanks in advance
Ravi

Hi Ravi,

You can add the grades as of now. If they ask more clarification, send your subject names with transcripts.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2018, 10:42
Bob2018 wrote:
No not executive because for that I need a stronger work experience. I am asking for full time MBA

In that case, this is a wrong thread. Please post your profile in the 'Profile evaluation' thread for Fuqua. This is only for Executive MBA.

However, looking at your profile, I can say that since you are from a minority represented country, a score of 700 would be enough for getting a call. Focus on your application essays and recommendations. Duke really value the quality of recommendation over GMAT score.

Best of luck.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2018, 10:33
Quick question regarding the deposit deadline for the Weekend MBA. How much time is there between the offer of admissions and the deposit deadline?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2018, 11:31
SproutMBA wrote:
Quick question regarding the deposit deadline for the Weekend MBA. How much time is there between the offer of admissions and the deposit deadline?

Deposit deadline will be communicated to you with the offer of admission. Generally, it is within a month or so. However, you can discuss the matter with your admission counselor if there is any issue.

remember, you will have to deposit $6000 as an acceptance.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 10:05
mspmet wrote:
Hello All!

I'm a current student of Duke's Executive MBA. Post all your WEMBA/GEMBA related questions here, and I will try my level best to answer those.

Best of luck &
Regards

Just heard and was accepted into the program this past week! Psyched!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke Fuqua (I)

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2018, 11:38
Hi, I'm interested in applying for the WEMBA program, starting 2019.

Few Questions:
1. How hard do you think the application process is? (I know this may be a broad question)
2. Are there any events/support for partners/family of students?
3. Can you participate in all the clubs?
4. What is the feel of the online classes? are they case based? is there a lot of interaction/discussion?
5. What is the best experience you've had at Fuqua?
6. How many concentrations can you take? Do you have to pay for concentrations? and if so, why? Do you have to take a concentration?

Hope to hear for someone soon.

Thank you
Really hoping I get accepted!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2018, 13:25
gdep1286 wrote:

Few Questions:
1. How hard do you think the application process is? (I know this may be a broad question)
4. What is the feel of the online classes? are they case based? is there a lot of interaction/discussion?
6. How many concentrations can you take? Do you have to pay for concentrations? and if so, why? Do you have to take a concentration?

Thank you

Gdep,

In reference to your questions, I hope I can help as I was just accepted.

I believe the application was on the easier side. Easier in the way that the questions and overall process was similar to other apps. I have only so far had very specific questions on the Yale essay.

As I remember from either emails or the interview, there is stuff for the family but don’t quote me on that.

I would assume you can participate in available clubs.

Towards the other questions, email the admissions team. They seemed open and responsive the times I have emailed them. They even emailed me the day before the hurricane closed the school.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 13:04
discodv05 wrote:
gdep1286 wrote:

Few Questions:

Thank you

Gdep,

I believe the application was on the easier side. Easier in the way that the questions and overall process was similar to other apps. I have only so far had very specific questions on the Yale essay.

As I remember from either emails or the interview, there is stuff for the family but don’t quote me on that.

Towards the other questions, email the admissions team. They seemed open and responsive the times I have emailed them. They even emailed me the day before the hurricane closed the school.

HI discodv05,

Thanks for responding and congrats on getting accepted!!!!!

I wanted to ask, how was the interview?
What type of questions do they ask?
How long was it?
How can I prepare?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 07:31
gdep1286 wrote:
discodv05 wrote:
gdep1286 wrote:

Few Questions:

Thank you

GDep...

Gdep,

HI discodv05,

How long was it?
How can I prepare?

GDep-

Basically just tell them you like Duke basketball and you are in! Seriously though, the interview was good. After visiting Cornell in NY, I decided to have the Duke interview on Skype with a GEMBA rep. Very straight forward and the format is more of a question/discussion format. Nothing too formal but they are basically trying to get an idea of how you fit into their program. Using my resume, I thought the questions were not really out of the ordinary as it referenced my work history, why I wanted to get an MBA as well as my plans after, and what concentrations I was interested in. We also chatted about time commitment and the balancing of everything with studying to get an idea of not only if I knew what the MBA was all about(time wise) but also if I had a plan of how to balance it all. I very much enjoyed the chat and overall, I think the interview was 45 mins+/-.

To prepare for the interview, I would definitely be on point with all the reasons of why you want to get an MBA as well as the plans after. The curriculum at Duke is specific to certain applicants so understanding how the curriculum, concentrations and school fit into your plan. It probably would be too bland to say that I just really want to go Duke as they know they are a top institution so work toward the particulars. Explain how you are looking for individual growth through the curriculum and what the student cohort can offer as well as offering up your experiences in your industry to help others grow. They want to know you are team player as a big moto is Team Fuqua so make sure to reference that. Certainly be yourself and not try to push anything you are not passionate about. I had explained my previous masters degree and where it got me to today but that a Duke MBA would help me prepare for a management position but also propel me after I had taken the position toward creating not only a vision for my business but achieving those goals. The main idea is to be yourself but be prepared with your details, plan and how it all fits.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 08:23
discodv05 wrote:
gdep1286 wrote:

Gdep,

HI discodv05,

How long was it?
How can I prepare?

GDep-

Basically just tell them you like Duke basketball and you are in! Seriously though, the interview was good. After visiting Cornell in NY, I decided to have the Duke interview on Skype with a GEMBA rep. Very straight forward and the format is more of a question/discussion format. Nothing too formal but they are basically trying to get an idea of how you fit into their program. Using my resume, I thought the questions were not really out of the ordinary as it referenced my work history, why I wanted to get an MBA as well as my plans after, and what concentrations I was interested in. We also chatted about time commitment and the balancing of everything with studying to get an idea of not only if I knew what the MBA was all about(time wise) but also if I had a plan of how to balance it all. I very much enjoyed the chat and overall, I think the interview was 45 mins+/-.

To prepare for the interview, I would definitely be on point with all the reasons of why you want to get an MBA as well as the plans after. The curriculum at Duke is specific to certain applicants so understanding how the curriculum, concentrations and school fit into your plan. It probably would be too bland to say that I just really want to go Duke as they know they are a top institution so work toward the particulars. Explain how you are looking for individual growth through the curriculum and what the student cohort can offer as well as offering up your experiences in your industry to help others grow. They want to know you are team player as a big moto is Team Fuqua so make sure to reference that. Certainly be yourself and not try to push anything you are not passionate about. I had explained my previous masters degree and where it got me to today but that a Duke MBA would help me prepare for a management position but also propel me after I had taken the position toward creating not only a vision for my business but achieving those goals. The main idea is to be yourself but be prepared with your details, plan and how it all fits.[/quote]
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 08:26
Thanks Discodv05!
This is very helpful.. I really appreciate all your help.. Definitely Team Fuqua! I can see why you were accepted :cool:

I have my interview tomorrow!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 08:33
gdep1286 wrote:
Thanks Discodv05!
This is very helpful.. I really appreciate all your help.. Definitely Team Fuqua! I can see why you were accepted :cool:

I have my interview tomorrow!

Good luck! If it helps, you should have a better chance getting in as I declined invitation to the program due to wanting to stay closer. It was hard to say no as I really wanted to go to Duke but the fact is, first world problems keep me closer to home and I am ok with!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua Executive MBA applicants - Class of 2021 &nbs [#permalink] 31 Oct 2018, 08:33

Calling all Duke Fuqua Executive MBA applicants - Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MsInvBanker, mspmet

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap