Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41 (Online)
GRE 1: Q169 V160
GPA: 4
Send PM
Yale Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Schools: Fuqua '26 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GRE 1: Q169 V166
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Yale Moderator
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
True! I understood that when I attended their in person event, Fuqua means it when they say “Team Fuqua” their event is completely focused on networking than information session
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Schools: Fuqua '25 (A)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
I agree with the above. Fuqua is all about fit and potential to lead/have a profound impact on the community.

Many 740 GMAT or 335 GRE candidates are denied while sub 700 or sub 320 candidates are admitted. Tough to find the “secret sauce” here. Looking to crack the code myself.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GPA: 2.56
Send PM
My interview lasted for 30 mins dot which included 5-10 mins of my questions. The interviewer (alumni) did ask the basic one - introduction, why MBA?., Why Fuqua?, what do I do in my personal life after work?, a few follow-ups related to my resume and leadership experience. Does the length of interview matter? I can see a lot of debriefs with a minimum of 45 minutes and a good number of 10-15 questions. Did I screw up big time?
Yale Moderator
Send PM
ibhopeful wrote:
I agree with the above. Fuqua is all about fit and potential to lead/have a profound impact on the community.

Many 740 GMAT or 335 GRE candidates are denied while sub 700 or sub 320 candidates are admitted. Tough to find the “secret sauce” here. Looking to crack the code myself.

I think 25 random things essay carries high weightage if not make or break for fuqua
Fuqua Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 173 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
Send PM
parthdahuja01 wrote:
My interview lasted for 30 mins dot which included 5-10 mins of my questions. The interviewer (alumni) did ask the basic one - introduction, why MBA?., Why Fuqua?, what do I do in my personal life after work?, a few follow-ups related to my resume and leadership experience. Does the length of interview matter? I can see a lot of debriefs with a minimum of 45 minutes and a good number of 10-15 questions. Did I screw up big time?

i don’t think the length of the interview and the number of questions are a good indicator of how your interview went. it all depends on how you answered the questions you got. if your answers were well-rounded (STAR approach) and had examples to back it up, naturally the other person wouldn’t dig too deep because they got what they needed. hope it went well. all the best!
Fuqua Moderator
Send PM
New event alert: DAYTIME MBA VIRTUAL CAMPUS VISIT!

Description:
Quote:
Take part in a range of activities to help you learn more about the Daytime MBA program. As part of your virtual campus visit experience you may register for the following activities: Health Sector Management Discussion, Black & Latino MBA Organization Discussion, Association of Women in Business Discussion, Center of Leadership & Ethics (COLE) Student Chat, Group Office Hours with a member of the Admissions committee as well as informal group chats with current students.

There are multiple opportunities for you to enrol. Feel free to register here:
https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/campus-visits-and-interviews#!/

Fuqua also has a Daytime MBA Virtual Campus Visit page. Check it out here:
https://express.adobe.com/page/r2F99orRApKwS/
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Fuqua Admissions is participating in our upcoming MBA Spotlight.

You can register for the October 18th session at the following link

https://gmatclub.com/mba-spotlight/?event_id=138

You can register for the October 19th session at the following link

https://gmatclub.com/mba-spotlight/?event_id=145

Originally posted by Nikhil on 08 Oct 2022, 06:53.
Last edited by Nikhil on 08 Oct 2022, 07:03, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
GPA: 2.3
Send PM
Hello all,

Is 2.3 GPA a problem ? I have BE + MBA from BITS Pilani, 10 years work ex, founded a startup backed by ycombinator sold to cleartax in 2021 , leadership role in product management for last 1.5 years , global experience. Please let me know if low GPA will be a problem at these top tier colleges or should not be an issue. Also for showing work ex what documents do we need ? Or letters of recommendation should be okay from senior leaders or immediate managers at my previous organisations?

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 393
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.02
Send PM
abhinavchitre13 wrote:
Hello all,

Is 2.3 GPA a problem ? I have BE + MBA from BITS Pilani, 10 years work ex, founded a startup backed by ycombinator sold to cleartax in 2021 , leadership role in product management for last 1.5 years , global experience. Please let me know if low GPA will be a problem at these top tier colleges or should not be an issue. Also for showing work ex what documents do we need ? Or letters of recommendation should be okay from senior leaders or immediate managers at my previous organisations?

I think you should have a relatively high GMAT score to compensate for your low GPA. And you can use the optional essay to explain for the low GPA as well as prove adcom that you have academic ability
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abhinavchitre13 wrote:
Hello all,

2.3/4.0? If you get a 750 GMAT and write a good optional essay explaining the circumstances you should be OK for non-M7s. Especially Fuqua and Johnson since they are low GPA schools. For ex- M7 schools that have a 3.5 average GPA or above would take a big rankings hit which they would be reluctant to take without a 750-770 GMAT.

You are certainly not ineligible you just have a bit to overcome in the optional essay. Startup experience will help! Best of luck
Fuqua Moderator
Send PM
abhinavchitre13 wrote:
Hello all,

Nikhil : do you have an idea about the documents one needs to show work ex?

As for the LoR, it’s advisable to get letters of recommendation from seniors who know your work the best. Immediate managers would know your achievements really well and they’d be able to speak about it in detail. Senior leaders would just give a generic statement which wouldn’t add value to your application
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mainbhiankit wrote:
abhinavchitre13 wrote:
Hello all,

As for the LoR, it’s advisable to get letters of recommendation from seniors who know your work the best. Immediate managers would know your achievements really well and they’d be able to speak about it in detail. Senior leaders would just give a generic statement which wouldn’t add value to your application

For proof of work experience probably a certificate of incorporation or any other registration docs showing OP’s name would suffice. Or documentation from Yc. That is very, very prestigious and will immensely boost his candidacy. From what I understand those are things that even HBS/GSB would love!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ibhopeful wrote:
mainbhiankit wrote:
abhinavchitre13 wrote:
Hello all,

For proof of work experience probably a certificate of incorporation or any other registration docs showing OP’s name would suffice. Or documentation from Yc. That is very, very prestigious and will immensely boost his candidacy. From what I understand those are things that even HBS/GSB would love!

For LOR- probably a cofounder, VC, or someone from YC who knows him well would be great
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
A new Fuqua interview debrief has been posted

fuqua-193/interview_debrief.html
Current Student
Send PM
Will anyone here attend the MBA women’s leadership weekend? If yes, can you RSVP? Idk why but I can’t submit my RSVP 😭😭
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
I will attend it. Haven’t tried RSVP on it yet. Will let you know once done.
Current Student
Send PM
GBU345 wrote:
I will attend it. Haven’t tried RSVP on it yet. Will let you know once done.

Thank you. Hope to hear from you soon
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  75   
Moderators:
Sloan and Fuqua Moderator
12 posts
Haas & Fuqua Moderator
61 posts