Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 107
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Emory Goizueta MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
Expert Reply
We have a live YouTube session coming up with the Emory admissions committee on Sep 15th Wednesday. See you all there!

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
GPA: 3.13
Send PM
Re: Calling all Emory Goizueta MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
Has anyone else tried reaching out to student ambassadors at Emory?
I filled their student connect form in September 4 and still haven’t been connected to anyone.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
khulluskywalker wrote:
Has anyone else tried reaching out to student ambassadors at Emory?
I filled their student connect form in September 4 and still haven’t been connected to anyone.

We asked this to Emory adcom in today’s YouTube session. You can watch her response here https://youtu.be/v4TQ2xpFtEA?t=2245
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
What are the benefits of giving early interview (even before submitting complete application?

If someone be granted GMAT waiver, will that person be eligible for scholarship?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I have booked an early interview for tomorrow will there be another interview or this is the only one?

Hey guys What are the benefits of giving an early interview?

Originally posted by Karthik453 on 16 Sep 2021, 07:50.
Last edited by Karthik453 on 16 Sep 2021, 07:52, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3
Send PM
Karthik453 wrote:
I have booked an early interview for tomorrow will there be another interview or this is the only one?
only 1
Current Student
Send PM
jhashubham28 wrote:
I have shared my interview debrief, you can go to Goizueta interview debriefs there

Hey Shubham,

Was your interview with Susan or Michael Walker? If with Michael Walker, how was your experience?

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
I was supposed to interview with Michael, but my interview was postponed to a day later, so Susan took my interview.

However I spoke to a current student who was interviewed by Michael, and he said Michael is genuinely nice and very comforting, it won’t feel like an interview, it’ll be very conversational!!

Originally posted by jhashubham28 on 16 Sep 2021, 10:36.
Last edited by jhashubham28 on 16 Sep 2021, 10:37, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Send PM
jhashubham28 wrote:
I was supposed to interview with Michael, but my interview was postponed to a day later, so Susan took my interview.

Aah okkay. Mine is also with Michael , so got a little hopeful about getting some insights as to how was the experience with him :)

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
So I texted him during the MBA tour and he’s very helpful it seems, he helped me connect with this student ambassador
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Guys, how do I request an interview before submitting my application?

P.s. : I can't find the particular link where I need to apply but can read about the entire thing in the FAQ!
Current Student
Send PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm done with my interview. It went great but I don't know, kind of having mixed feelings about it because I was only asked 4 questions and then given 5-6 minutes for QnA. The interviewer had gone through my resume beforehand so he asked me that I have done x y z things but how did you land up that first job and then from there how did you proceed..

So I assumed this is basically "Tell me about yourself" but to start directly from how I reached that course that led me to my first job (he did mention that I want to take 2 mins on this But I don't know when I took a pause after the first job, it seemed he was waiting for me to talk more.. So I went ahead with telling him about the other two jobs as well.. By this time It was already 10:42 (it started 2 mins late at 10:32 and there were introductions before we started the interview).

My next 3 questions were:
1) What are the two best things about your job currently that you love?
2) Are you planning to continue in the same industry or switch (short term long term goals basically)
3) Why Emory out of all the schools out there?
These questions took 13 minutes in total (in between he was stopping to react or share a laugh or quote a quick anecdote as well or give feedback on my answers). This was followed by QnA.

So in totality, Only 4 questions while the least I have seen in any debrief are 5-6 questions. I wasn't asked Why MBA, any Leadership example etc.
Did I take a lot of time with my answers?

Originally posted by Skywalker92 on 17 Sep 2021, 10:41.
Last edited by Skywalker92 on 17 Sep 2021, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Send PM
khulluskywalker wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I'm done with my interview. It went great but I don't know, kind of having mixed feelings about it because I was only asked 4 questions and then given 5-6 minutes for QnA. The interviewer had gone through my resume beforehand so he asked me that I have done x y z things but how did you land up that first job and then from there how did you proceed..

So I assumed this is basically "Tell me about yourself" but to start directly from how I reached that course that led me to my first job (he did mention that I want to take 2 mins on this But I don't know when I took a pause after the first job, it seemed he was waiting for me to talk more.. So I went ahead with telling him about the other two jobs as well.. By this time It was already 10:42 (it started 2 mins late at 10:32 and there were introductions before we started the interview).

2) Are you planning to continue in the same industry or switch (short term long term goals basically)
These questions took 13 minutes in total (in between he was stopping to react or share a laugh or quote a quick anecdote as well or give feedback on my answers). This was followed by QnA.

So in totality, Only 4 questions while the least I have seen in any debrief are 5-6 questions. Did I take a lot of time with my answers?

I am getting second thoughts that maybe I should have asked him if I should proceed with the rest of my journey or does he want to move on after knowing how I landed my first job. Was that the case? If yes, then maybe I goofed up big time by falling into the flow of things and going overboard.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
khulluskywalker wrote:
khulluskywalker wrote:
Hey Everyone,

So in totality, Only 4 questions while the least I have seen in any debrief are 5-6 questions. Did I take a lot of time with my answers?

I am getting second thoughts that maybe I should have asked him if I should proceed with the rest of my journey or does he want to move on after knowing how I landed my first job. Was that the case? If yes, then maybe I goofed up big time by falling into the flow of things and going overboard.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
IMO, you interview was quite smooth. It's a conversation between two people, you can't control all aspects of it esp given the limited you have, and it's totally OK.
don't unnecessarily beat yourself about it, seems like a smooth conversation.
ALL THE BEST!

just one quick question how do you book the interview slot. I can't find that link. can you tell me where I can find it and book mine.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Shiv,

Thanks for your inputs. Hope that is the case. I had actually attended a few events in the beginning and that is when I received a mailer saying you are invited to book an early action interview with a link for the same.

I would suggest if the link is not on their website yet, just register for a few upcoming events and also drop a mail to the admissions team simultaneously. There are more slots for next week so I'm sure they'll reply in time. Tell them you are infact done with your application also.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  51   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts