GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Dec 2019, 05:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
ESADE School Moderator
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jan 2018
Posts: 30
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.45
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 04:16
2
This thread seems to be awkwardly inactive. The last year's discussion wasn't so silent. Can we please speak out more? Interview debriefs, profiles, statuses?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Apr 2016
Posts: 16
Location: India
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.9
Re: Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 04:38
Hi Gayathri,
I submitted my application on 27th november. How long do they take to give feedback, normally?
Profile: I am a Product Development-Quality Engineer with Ford Motor Company, 3.5 years workex.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jul 2018
Posts: 6
Location: Norway
Re: Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 05:35
1
Hi,

I think it maybe took 2 weeks for them to call me for the interview, and after that another 2 weeks to have my response.

I am Raquel, a portuguese pharmacist, and I have 5-6 years experience. I've been working and living in Norway since 2015.
Does anyone know if we have a facebook or a whatsapp group?

Nice to meet you all and very excited to begin the program next year! =)
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 2757
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 06:49
1
anaraquel17 wrote:
Hi,

I think it maybe took 2 weeks for them to call me for the interview, and after that another 2 weeks to have my response.

I am Raquel, a portuguese pharmacist, and I have 5-6 years experience. I've been working and living in Norway since 2015.
Does anyone know if we have a facebook or a whatsapp group?

Nice to meet you all and very excited to begin the program next year! =)


anaraquel17

We have the following topic dedicated for all admits. You can see whoe else got in so far and start posting there.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p2184618
_________________
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 12 May 2018
Posts: 35
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.76
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 15:15
2
I just received my acceptance offer!

I submitted my application around mid November, did my interview end of November (Nov29) and they said they'll get back to me on December 5, and they did.

I'll add my profile:

28 year old female, work as a chemical engineer/scientist in the innovation and technology R&D sector.
My undergrad GPA is 3.76 (Chem eng and minor in engineering management), GMAT = 640
MASc in Biomedical Engineering (industrial R&D project with Kimberly Clark).
I have total of 3 years relevant work experience + 2 years MASc was counted as work experience too.
Lived in 4 different countries (3 continents) and have extensive international experience, have dual citizenship.

I think that's what ESADE was interested in when it came to my profile.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jul 2017
Posts: 12
Location: Germany
Schools: ESADE '21 (A)
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2018, 01:53
anaraquel17 wrote:
Hi,

I think it maybe took 2 weeks for them to call me for the interview, and after that another 2 weeks to have my response.

I am Raquel, a portuguese pharmacist, and I have 5-6 years experience. I've been working and living in Norway since 2015.
Does anyone know if we have a facebook or a whatsapp group?

Nice to meet you all and very excited to begin the program next year! =)



In addition ESADE told me they will create an official facebook group beginning of March. Probably all applicants / admitees will be officially informed here.
ESADE School Moderator
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jan 2018
Posts: 30
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.45
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2018, 03:09
Hi,

I got my result within a week from applying. Mainly because I applied for the special south asia deadline soon after which they wanted to conduct interviews. It was already in their plan and so it took fairly short time. So you still have time. Dw.

akshat100 wrote:
Hi Gayathri,
I submitted my application on 27th november. How long do they take to give feedback, normally?
Profile: I am a Product Development-Quality Engineer with Ford Motor Company, 3.5 years workex.


Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 2757
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2018, 04:10
ESADE School Moderator
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jan 2018
Posts: 30
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.45
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2018, 12:15
1
A new ESADE Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/esade-mba-244/interview_debrief.html
ESADE School Moderator
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jan 2018
Posts: 30
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.45
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 13:04
Added :)

workout wrote:
gayathrikeerthanas maxmayr

Please consider adding your ESADE Interview debriefs here https://gmatclub.com/forum/esade-mba-24 ... brief.html
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jul 2017
Posts: 12
Location: Germany
Schools: ESADE '21 (A)
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 15:44
1
A new ESADE Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/esade-mba-244/interview_debrief.html
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Status: Living the Dream!
Joined: 14 Jan 2017
Posts: 8
Location: United Kingdom
GMAT 1: 580 Q40 V29
GMAT 2: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.4
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2018, 13:45
Good luck to all applicants and well done to all admits! Look forward to meeting you in due course:) Nikita
_________________
ESADE School Moderator
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jan 2018
Posts: 30
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.45
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 07:20
Has anybody here started working or researching on the visa process? I'm an Indian candidate who got admitted. I was engrossed in arranging finance for my course. But when a gentleman from the career services field in India asked me about the post-study work permit and visa extension, I was kind of dumbstruck. It is one thing I never researched clearly. I was focussing only on placements, career acceleration programs, and fallback options.
Now as I read a lot about the expiration of visa right after the course, I'm getting jittery! But some say it's extendable up to one year after the course with recommendtions from professors. Can somebody clear the air around this?

I don't have any other admit. Just applied to 2 schools! Worst case, I'll have to apply to other lower ranked schools (considering the timing and risk) and also forego the ESADE admit! But actually I really liked the school, its community and the oppurnuties we could get there.

Can somebody give some realistic advice and authentic info? Thanks in advance!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Dec 2016
Posts: 1
Location: India
Schools: ESADE '21 (A$)
Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 20:10
gayathrikeerthanas wrote:
Has anybody here started working or researching on the visa process? I'm an Indian candidate who got admitted. I was engrossed in arranging finance for my course. But when a gentleman from the career services field in India asked me about the post-study work permit and visa extension, I was kind of dumbstruck. It is one thing I never researched clearly. I was focussing only on placements, career acceleration programs, and fallback options.
Now as I read a lot about the expiration of visa right after the course, I'm getting jittery! But some say it's extendable up to one year after the course with recommendtions from professors. Can somebody clear the air around this?

I don't have any other admit. Just applied to 2 schools! Worst case, I'll have to apply to other lower ranked schools (considering the timing and risk) and also forego the ESADE admit! But actually I really liked the school, its community and the oppurnuties we could get there.

Can somebody give some realistic advice and authentic info? Thanks in advance!

Posted from my mobile device




Hi Gayathri my understanding is that the visa is for a year (this is after obtaining a student card within 3 months of getting there- a NIE) and post that if course is not complete we can renew the visa along with the student card might give a few more months. The schengen student visa does not have an OPT (which allows students to usually work/intern for a year) like the US student visa from my understanding.

Also ESADE said that they will be having a webinar to give clarity on this, I'm guessing early next year about the same time as creating a new fb group for students. So hopefully that will shed more light on this. Hope this was helpful.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Apr 2016
Posts: 16
Location: India
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.9
Re: Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2018, 03:11
Hi,
Has anyone got an interview call lately? I submitted my application on 3rd december but haven't heard from them. On 10th december, i got confirmation that all my documents have been received. By when are they expected to roll-out interview invites/ reject mails?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 12 May 2018
Posts: 35
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.76
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Re: Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2018, 06:43
akshat100 wrote:
Hi,
Has anyone got an interview call lately? I submitted my application on 3rd december but haven't heard from them. On 10th december, i got confirmation that all my documents have been received. By when are they expected to roll-out interview invites/ reject mails?



They’re on break until early January so probably end of first or early second week ? They’re very quick
ESADE School Moderator
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jan 2018
Posts: 30
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.45
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 03:13
Thanks for sharing the info. Meanwhile, I found that there was a new directive passed that allows third country students who have completed a degree of level 6 to stay back in Spain for up to 1 year to find a job.

Ref: https://www.santaferelo.com/en/mobility ... nationals/

Kk2k18 wrote:
gayathrikeerthanas wrote:
Has anybody here started working or researching on the visa process? I'm an Indian candidate who got admitted. I was engrossed in arranging finance for my course. But when a gentleman from the career services field in India asked me about the post-study work permit and visa extension, I was kind of dumbstruck. It is one thing I never researched clearly. I was focussing only on placements, career acceleration programs, and fallback options.
Now as I read a lot about the expiration of visa right after the course, I'm getting jittery! But some say it's extendable up to one year after the course with recommendtions from professors. Can somebody clear the air around this?

I don't have any other admit. Just applied to 2 schools! Worst case, I'll have to apply to other lower ranked schools (considering the timing and risk) and also forego the ESADE admit! But actually I really liked the school, its community and the oppurnuties we could get there.

Can somebody give some realistic advice and authentic info? Thanks in advance!

Posted from my mobile device




Hi Gayathri my understanding is that the visa is for a year (this is after obtaining a student card within 3 months of getting there- a NIE) and post that if course is not complete we can renew the visa along with the student card might give a few more months. The schengen student visa does not have an OPT (which allows students to usually work/intern for a year) like the US student visa from my understanding.

Also ESADE said that they will be having a webinar to give clarity on this, I'm guessing early next year about the same time as creating a new fb group for students. So hopefully that will shed more light on this. Hope this was helpful.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 12 May 2018
Posts: 35
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.76
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Re: Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 18:35
I was told during my conversation with the adcom that new rule now lets students stay back a full year to find a job. I didn't really care since my future plan isn't to stay in Spain but thought I would share that.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Status: Living the Dream!
Joined: 14 Jan 2017
Posts: 8
Location: United Kingdom
GMAT 1: 580 Q40 V29
GMAT 2: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.4
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 08:56
Hi Guys!

I will be the first one to post here in the New Year.
I was just wondering whether any admits received any welcoming packs/literature yet?

Thanks.
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jul 2018
Posts: 6
Location: Norway
Re: Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2019, 02:40
Hey!

Happy New Year to all of you =)

Did not receive anything yet.

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!   [#permalink] 09 Jan 2019, 02:40

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 83 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all ESADE MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: footballfan1919






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne