Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 15:59 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Statistics, Finance
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Real Estate
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.33
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi, first time poster here.

First off, I'm an international student, 26/M from Mumbai, India. I applied in R1 (9 Nov deadline).

Would anyone know whether the interview calls for R1 have all been made or Tuck is still in the process of inviting people for interviews?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V45
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Interviewed on Dec 17th. The wait is too long.... :( !!

Now... while we're at it, does Tuck try to interview everyone? i.e even those who cannot make it to Tuck for an applicant initiated interview?
Or is there a filtering process before they do..?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Tuck - Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools: Tuck '13 (M)
GPA: 3.93
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
jassiinpublic wrote:
RHB - Would you mind posting or PMing your answers? I've already applied but would like to know what you think and compare to the feedback I've received from others.

Thanks!

How was your interview ? Very relaxed and friendly, be prepared to answer some in depth questions about Tuck.

What are you most excited about in Tuck ? The other students and the location. Everyone here is great and the place is beautiful.

How are your fellow students ? See above

How is the program and the best professor or class you have attended ? The program is good. There is a huge amount of work early in the year and it is quite challenging. My favorite class so far has been decision science with professor Shumsky. It is an intro to modelling in excel which is something I had never done before.

And how do you think Tuck is different from other b schools ? Smaller, more intimate, better access to professors, all the admin staff know you by name so it's easy to get any problems sorted out.

I also need your guidance on how to know more about Tuck when I can not visit the campus. I am currently registering to the Tuck Connections ,other than that I believe I have no other option. The website is excellent if you spend some time digging through it you'll find everything that you need. You've made a great start by reaching out to me I suggest you look into which clubs you'd like to join and maybe reach out to the leadership. Also, read through everything on poets&quants, on this website and on business week. The economist might also have some decent info as the just ranked us as the world #1. I actually visited campus after I submitted my app so don't worry too much.

Excuse me for asking so many questions . I am an international applicant and its not possible for me to visit schools personally.

I hope you wont mind helping me understand more about Tuck.

I am applying for general management program and thus so far I have found methodical approach of Tuck unique.

I would really appreciate any help.

Good luck with you app and let me know how it goes.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Submitted! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.91
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
In for Round 2. A long wait until March.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
applied! AMEN.
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [1]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Just submitted mine! GL to all!!! :) I appled through the Consortium btw. Does anybody know when theyll send out interview invites?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
mbarealestate wrote:
SunnyDelight.. just out of curiosity, why did you only apply to one school?

I really enjoy working on the entrepreneurial ventures that I'm involved with now. So unless it's an opportunity to join a community I really want to be connected with, its not really worth it for me to leave for an MBA.

To me, the value of an MBA is directly related to the network. So I'm considering three big things when I think about an MBA programs network. First off, how successful are the people in the alumni network? Secondly, how engaged are the people in the school's network? Finally, how much would I enjoy interacting with people in that school's network?

I think with most top ten programs, the success of the alumni will be relatively similar.

On the engagement front, I feel Tuck really stands out and you can tell this by the alumni giving rate. So even though,the network is relatively smaller than large programs like HBS or Kellogg, the aggregate number of engaged alumni who you can actually network with ends up fairly even from my perspective.

At this point, Tuck doesn't really have an edge, but its not behind either. Then you get to the last item though, how much would I enjoy interacting with people of that school's network? I think this is underrated. Networking isn't that valuable if you can't form a rapport with the people you are networking with. I feel like I can be on the same page at a certain level with the vast majority Tuck alums I meet.

That's my basic train of thought anyway. If I don't get into Tuck this year, I'll probably broaden my circle more next year. I simply have too busy as well. Don't feel like I have enough time to make a well made app to other programs.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT Date: 05-15-2012
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
SunnyDelight wrote:
mbarealestate wrote:
SunnyDelight.. just out of curiosity, why did you only apply to one school?

I really enjoy working on the entrepreneurial ventures that I'm involved with now. So unless it's an opportunity to join a community I really want to be connected with, its not really worth it for me to leave for an MBA.

To me, the value of an MBA is directly related to the network. So I'm considering three big things when I think about an MBA programs network. First off, how successful are the people in the alumni network? Secondly, how engaged are the people in the school's network? Finally, how much would I enjoy interacting with people in that school's network?

I think with most top ten programs, the success of the alumni will be relatively similar.

On the engagement front, I feel Tuck really stands out and you can tell this by the alumni giving rate. So even though,the network is relatively smaller than large programs like HBS or Kellogg, the aggregate number of engaged alumni who you can actually network with ends up fairly even from my perspective.

At this point, Tuck doesn't really have an edge, but its not behind either. Then you get to the last item though, how much would I enjoy interacting with people of that school's network? I think this is underrated. Networking isn't that valuable if you can't form a rapport with the people you are networking with. I feel like I can be on the same page at a certain level with the vast majority Tuck alums I meet.

That's my basic train of thought anyway. If I don't get into Tuck this year, I'll probably broaden my circle more next year. I simply have too busy as well. Don't feel like I have enough time to make a well made app to other programs.

Agree completely. I have also applied only to Tuck. Fingers crossed. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.66
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi guys,
I was hoping to visit and interview in Hanover, but there are virtually no spots left - and the few that remain won't fit with my work obligations. The website states that there are additional visits available through 1/31/12. I've emailed admissions (no response) and called (auto-prompt to use the website) but haven't had any luck understanding if I just won't be able to interview on campus.

What are your thoughts? Am I an auto-ding for not visiting? I would be happy to fly to Hanover if they had any availability that wasn't mid-week.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
Just applied R2. Question for ED and R1 applicatns: Has it happened before that Tuck ask for a second interview after they review the application?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
batman28 wrote:
How can you just apply for R2? R2 was over yesterday...so your app will be pushed to R3, if you applied today.
And for the interview, no. Only once...and it's usually conducted before apps are submitted for most people.

Yea I submitted yesterday. Had my interview early Nov. but just wondering if they sometimes ask ppl back for a second interview. Just curious.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
LadyRoadWarrior wrote:
Hi guys,
I was hoping to visit and interview in Hanover, but there are virtually no spots left - and the few that remain won't fit with my work obligations. The website states that there are additional visits available through 1/31/12. I've emailed admissions (no response) and called (auto-prompt to use the website) but haven't had any luck understanding if I just won't be able to interview on campus.

What are your thoughts? Am I an auto-ding for not visiting? I would be happy to fly to Hanover if they had any availability that wasn't mid-week.

It will be looked upon unfavorably if you do not initiate an interview. If you are based out of the US and Tuck is your top school, I suggest you make every effort to interview on campus. Note, some people have posted the admissions committee did setup a skype interview for US based candidates, however this looks to be uncommon.

You have to look at it this way, you're just now trying to schedule the interview where others scheduled their interview many months ago. Proving that you will accept an offer of admission will only be more difficult if you don't go.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.66
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Yes, I recognize that I am behind where other applicants have already scheduled. Currently the only available spot is next Wednesday, and I can't make it to Hanover in that timeframe.

What advice do you have for me, being that I AM willing to get there, but there is no visible availability.
I have already emailed the admissions office asking if there are alternative options and called, but have not yet been able to be in contact.

Others have reported having their interviews post admissions deadline but pre notification deadline. My hope is that I could try to work something out on that front.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
SunnyDelight wrote:
I just applied, Tuck is going to be the only school I apply to so you would think everything would be flawless.

Except I clicked on the November round box instead of January. I realized this after submitting and I emailed the Tuck Adcoms and they literally responded within 15 minutes telling me it'll be taken care of. Those Tuck adcoms collectively are the best adcoms IMO. Impeccable responsiveness and clarity about their admissions process *cross my fingers that I get in*

I felt the same way during the application process and continue to feel the same.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
gablaze23 wrote:
Just submitted mine! GL to all!!! :) I appled through the Consortium btw. Does anybody know when theyll send out interview invites?

I thought they use the Consortium interview. Did this change or has this always been the case?
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Tuck2013 wrote:
gablaze23 wrote:

I thought they use the Consortium interview. Did this change or has this always been the case?

They just changed it this year. Schools get to interview now!:)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  70   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts