Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 01:52 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Verbal Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 343 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
 Q49  V42
WE 1: 4 years Tech
Send PM
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Goldfinger2001 wrote:
gablaze23 wrote:
Is there anyone here admitted who did not self-initiate a campus visit?

I have been admitted without a self-initiate visit/ interview...

:wink:

And you are from the US? Wow. Congratulations!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
gablaze23 wrote:
Goldfinger2001 wrote:
gablaze23 wrote:
Is there anyone here admitted who did not self-initiate a campus visit?

I have been admitted without a self-initiate visit/ interview...

:wink:

And you are from the US? Wow. Congratulations!

Nope, I'm from Europe. I believe that's why this worked.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
Goldfinger2001 wrote:
Nope, I'm from Europe. I believe that's why this worked.

After listening to Dawna Clarke, if you live in the US, it's in your best interest to do a self-initiated interview even if you're on the west coast. Those that live outside the US aren't held to the same standards due to visa restrictions and the like.

I will however say this, when I interviewed on campus I met perspective students from France and England. I can only imagine that they will be held in high regard during their application process.
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
I know campus visits are important. I just one have question. Is there any admitted students here from the US who did not self-initiate a campus visit?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
Congrats Goldfinger2001
And wish you all a very Happy New Year 2012! Hopefully this year brings good news :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
batman28 wrote:
Guys,

Is one required to report the GMAT score officially?
Or is the self report sufficient?

From what I know, you need the official report. You however may want to check with admissions

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
batman28 wrote:
Guys,

Is one required to report the GMAT score officially?
Or is the self report sufficient?

Unofficial is fine. Official scores will be verified if admitted.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.18
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
gablaze23 wrote:
I know campus visits are important. I just one have question. Is there any admitted students here from the US who did not self-initiate a campus visit?

I'm US Military that was admitted without visiting, but I'm stationed in Korea, so I probably don't count. I did make sure to address the fact that my job prevented me from visiting in the Why Tuck part of the Essays.
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
tjdeluca wrote:
gablaze23 wrote:

I'm US Military that was admitted without visiting, but I'm stationed in Korea, so I probably don't count. I did make sure to address the fact that my job prevented me from visiting in the Why Tuck part of the Essays.

I asked the same question here a couple of days ago. I am much worse than you. I am in the US but could not visit the campus. I have an excuse though. You dont have to worry. Applicants from overseas are excused from not visiting the campus or self-initiating an interview.

FYI. I got one message here from a member who was accepted w/o initiating an interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
New to the forum - love this place. I applied in the November round and just logged in to my application status today to check-in. I was a little alarmed and have a two-part question.

1) Although my "Submission Status" says "Complete" on 11/8 (before the 11/9 deadline), my "Application Status" says "Completed on 12/2/2011." Is this bad? I didn't make any updates on 12/2 and I submitted everything on time (including my recs). Did anyone else have their applications show Completed well after the deadline like this? Cause for concern?

2) Each item of my application is itemized with details under the "Application Status: Completed on 12/2/2011" heading. In the Transcripts section it lists my undergraduate institution and then "Received (Not Official)." However, it does not list my Study Abroad institution, for which I submitted a second transcript. Any thought on why this transcript wouldn't show up there? Should I call?

Thanks for the help!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
bostonfenway wrote:
New to the forum - love this place. I applied in the November round and just logged in to my application status today to check-in. I was a little alarmed and have a two-part question.

1) Although my "Submission Status" says "Complete" on 11/8 (before the 11/9 deadline), my "Application Status" says "Completed on 12/2/2011." Is this bad? I didn't make any updates on 12/2 and I submitted everything on time (including my recs). Did anyone else have their applications show Completed well after the deadline like this? Cause for concern?

2) Each item of my application is itemized with details under the "Application Status: Completed on 12/2/2011" heading. In the Transcripts section it lists my undergraduate institution and then "Received (Not Official)." However, it does not list my Study Abroad institution, for which I submitted a second transcript. Any thought on why this transcript wouldn't show up there? Should I call?

Thanks for the help!

1.) I called about the same "complete" issue you're concerned about. It is simply an indication of when your application was processed. No cause for concern.

2.) I don't believe there are multiple transcript "completion" items. If they have specified "complete" with regard to your transcript, you are fine. They will reach out if you are missing anything.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
biztuck wrote:
bostonfenway wrote:

Thanks for the help!

1.) I called about the same "complete" issue you're concerned about. It is simply an indication of when your application was processed. No cause for concern.

2.) I don't believe there are multiple transcript "completion" items. If they have specified "complete" with regard to your transcript, you are fine. They will reach out if you are missing anything.

i have both of myschools listed as complete.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
shorttheworld wrote:
biztuck wrote:
bostonfenway wrote:

Thanks for the help!

i have both of myschools listed as complete.

Odd because I only have my primary institution listed. The other was just a study abroad transcript I sent. Was yours a transfer situation? Maybe that's why they listed it for you and not for me. I went back and looked at the application I submitted and my study abroad transcript is attached clear as day......anyone else only have one transcript listed when they've submitted more? Or does anyone else have multiple transcripts listed where one is a study abroad situation?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
if its study abroad it might be grouped underneath the primar ys chool despite being a secondary transcript. mine was for post-bac certificates
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Tuck - Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools: Tuck '13 (M)
GPA: 3.93
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
I just got a PM from a potential candidate.

The format was great and it made it easier for me to answer the questions. I get a lot of PM's that say stuff like "Whats Tuck like?" This is a really hard question to answer quickly so I often don't get round to it. I'm sharing the format with you as an example of one good way to ask for help. If I got more PM's like this I would be much better able to help.

"Hi,

How are you ?

I hope you are enjoying Tuck.

I am applying in Tuck for R2. And I hope you could give me some insight about your whole experience.

How was your interview ?

What are you most excited about in Tuck ?

How are your fellow students ?

How is the program and the best professor or class you have attended ?

And how do you think Tuck is different from other b schools ?

I also need your guidance on how to know more about Tuck when I can not visit the campus. I am currently registering to the Tuck Connections ,other than that I believe I have no other option.

Excuse me for asking so many questions . I am an international applicant and its not possible for me to visit schools personally.

I hope you wont mind helping me understand more about Tuck.

I am applying for general management program and thus so far I have found methodical approach of Tuck unique.

I would really appreciate any help.

Regards"

Specific questions make life much easier for current students with limited time.

Cheers and good luck everybody.

Sincerely,

RHB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.75
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
RHB - Would you mind posting or PMing your answers? I've already applied but would like to know what you think and compare to the feedback I've received from others.

Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.66
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM