Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [2]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 446
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 106
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
I agree with all that Erika and Businessconquerer have already stated. I can add just one more thing - HBS is a far-reaching school, and with your profile, you are within your right to contest for one of the seats in the class. Having said that, you have the stakes against you, but it’s good that you are ready to let it go as well. So, it’s advisable to just put your best effort in the essays and then forget about it. No expectations. Take it as a game, where you don’t care about the result. And at worst, you will get rejected. Big Deal. Life has bigger tragedies to deal with it. Stay happy and Good Luck!

ephemeral wrote:
Indian, overrepresented, computer science - work exp of 7.5 years with major projects and promotions + gmat score of 750, decent college exp - college fest organiser, dramatics, debates all that shenanigan -> how are my chance for HBS, I mean should i even apply or it’s not worth trying?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
Thanks kittle, Erika and businessconquerer and L0S3R for your kind words. You have definitely made me think about it more. And yeah, I am ready to move on. If HBS doesn’t want me, it’s there loss. Once I become the best in my industry, at least I will have a story to tell - "Look, HBS rejected me. And I am doing great!!!" :) But, I hope things turn out better than it seems. Thanks again.

L0S3R wrote:
I agree with all that Erika and Businessconquerer have already stated. I can add just one more thing - HBS is a far-reaching school, and with your profile, you are within your right to contest for one of the seats in the class. Having said that, you have the stakes against you, but it’s good that you are ready to let it go as well. So, it’s advisable to just put your best effort in the essays and then forget about it. No expectations. Take it as a game, where you don’t care about the result. And at worst, you will get rejected. Big Deal. Life has bigger tragedies to deal with it. Stay happy and Good Luck!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Send PM
If you guys want, I can try to arrange a zoom call to answer all your queries. I don’t know how much time I will have yet, but I can surely provide inputs. I have known 3 HBS admits- 1 of them being my cousin and two exceptional candidates from Europe and USA. Also, in 2 years of admissions consulting experience, I have been tracking HBS student profiles and resume to get "the typical MBA student". I am starting to see some statistical patterns (even in resume) in profiles that they get in. The only missing variables are- LOR and Essay which as I am aware from looking at the 65 successful essays have another pattern. I can describe those patterns to you if you need. Would probably be free on 8th
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
That would be great
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 446
Send PM
Guys helpful tip for people who are taking the GMAT Online: There is a lot of confusion around what marker to buy and what to use etc. People face issues finding right markers that don’t erase easily or are broad tip-ed. I bought a marker today which is bullet tip-ed and quite easily erasable and doesn’t spreads ink when rubbed. The marker is -Reynolds HD WHITEBOARD Marker Refillable (bullet tip). I hope this serves as guidance for those who are struggling at the moment.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for the info, kittle! Kudos! :)
kittle wrote:
Guys helpful tip for people who are taking the GMAT Online: There is a lot of confusion around what marker to buy and what to use etc. People face issues finding right markers that don’t erase easily or are broad tip-ed. I bought a marker today which is bullet tip-ed and quite easily erasable and doesn’t spreads ink when rubbed. The marker is -Reynolds HD WHITEBOARD Marker Refillable (bullet tip). I hope this serves as guidance for those who are struggling at the moment.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Does applying soon gives you an edge?

Or any advantage

Originally posted by Michelesaragat on 29 Jul 2021, 07:15.
Last edited by Michelesaragat on 29 Jul 2021, 07:16, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Michelesaragat wrote:
Does applying soon gives you an edge?

Or any advantage

Michelesaragat

Applying soon as in round 1 a opposed to round 2 has advantages. But I don’t think applying soon before the round 1 deadline compared to applying closer to the round 1 deadline has any advantages.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
I have not appeared for GMAT yet. But preparing to give it in October. Will I be able to apply in round 1 or round 2 ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Harvard Round 1 is in September, so no. But good news, is Round 2 is in Dec or Jan so you would be able to apply for that. Hope this helps.

Akansha96 wrote:
I have not appeared for GMAT yet. But preparing to give it in October. Will I be able to apply in round 1 or round 2 ?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hello,

I am from Sweden and I play professional hockey, and have done so for over 4 years now. I graduated from a U.S. college with a 4.0 GPA, but I only scored 680 on the GMAT (first attempt). Will my GMAT score, and probably even more so, my lack of "real work experience" make it difficult for me to get in to a school like HBS?

My plan at the moment is to work on trying to improve my GMAT score and apply in Round 2.

I appreciate any thoughts and/or feedback.

Thank you!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Gus21, best thing to do would be to reach out to a few admissions consultants for a 30min free consultation and ask them that question. You might get a more accurate response than from people in this forum. You’ll also have the chance to discuss your profile and stories in greater detail, which could help in your decision.
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Stratus Admissions Counseling
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [1]
Given Kudos: 47
Schools: Stanford
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Gus21 wrote:
Hello,

I am from Sweden and I play professional hockey, and have done so for over 4 years now. I graduated from a U.S. college with a 4.0 GPA, but I only scored 680 on the GMAT (first attempt). Will my GMAT score, and probably even more so, my lack of "real work experience" make it difficult for me to get in to a school like HBS?

My plan at the moment is to work on trying to improve my GMAT score and apply in Round 2.

I appreciate any thoughts and/or feedback.

Thank you!

Hi Gus21 -- One of my colleagues, Mike White (@StratusMike), recently published this blog article you might find helpful:

Tips for College (and Pro) Athletes Applying to MBA Programs

I do think a higher score will help make you more compelling to HBS, but your hockey experience may demonstrate leadership, teamwork, and other attributes they are looking for. I encourage you to schedule a free 30-minute consultation with Mike (who has worked with other athletes) to dive deeper into your profile. You can schedule a consultation here. Best of luck to you!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
Hello everyone,

has anyone from round 1 being contacted?

Originally posted by Michelesaragat on 22 Aug 2021, 05:14.
Last edited by Michelesaragat on 22 Aug 2021, 05:15, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Send PM
I guess people will be contacted post Sept 8, as the deadline for round 1 is still 15 days away
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi experts,

I am a reapplicant for 2022 intake.

I would like to know if I can use 'Additional Information' under Supplemental Information section to talk about reapplication since there is no space like optional essay to emphasize what I have changed.

And also, it would be highly appreciated if you could share some tips for reapplicants. :please:
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there -

If you are simply wanting to let them know you're a reapplicant, they will already know that as I believe there's a spot in the application that specifically asks that.

If you are trying to communicate something specific to them about why you're reapplying, it really depends on what you want to say as to whether or not it makes sense to use the Additional Information field to talk about it vs making it part of your main essay.

I did an episode of Stacy Blackman Consulting's B-Schooled podcast focusing on reapplication tips -- it is episode 17. You should be able to find it on all major podcasting platforms.

** For everyone, episode 62 of B-Schooled is specifically about the HBS essay.

Good luck!

lizazayao wrote:
Hi experts,

I am a reapplicant for 2022 intake.

I would like to know if I can use 'Additional Information' under Supplemental Information section to talk about reapplication since there is no space like optional essay to emphasize what I have changed.

And also, it would be highly appreciated if you could share some tips for reapplicants. :please:
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts