It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 11:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all HBS Fall 2009 Applicants

post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 95 [0], given: 15

Schools: Kellogg '10
Re: Calling all HBS Fall 2009 Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 07:39
ndiaconu wrote:
hey! Congrats to those who got interviews. I just got waitlisted at wharton. I am a college junior and I am thinking of applying to harvard round 2. does anyone have any advice? how are the round 2 statistics compare to the round 1 stats? I know Harvard is more friendly towards younger applicants! any piece of advice will be appreciated as I do not know what to do and the deadline is approaching FAST ! thank you!!

I think HBS is one of the schools where R1 and R2 are fairly even in acceptance rate, but I'm not 100% sure. R3 certainly is tougher. Considering Wharton tends to like older applicants, or so I've heard, your waitlist there probably bodes well for HBS, which seems to like younger applicants. Good luck!

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 95 [0], given: 15

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Schools: Cornell 2011

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2008, 19:06
I'm a R1 applicant and wasn't lucky enough to be part of the first "750" interview invites. Anybody know when the next 100 invites are being released, or are they done already?

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 12

Schools: Booth 2012

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2008, 19:57
I think at least some of them went out in the few days after the 750. I would be surprised if there are many left, but who knows.

bucktooth911 wrote:
I'm a R1 applicant and wasn't lucky enough to be part of the first "750" interview invites. Anybody know when the next 100 invites are being released, or are they done already?

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 12

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: Kellogg, HBS, ROSS, NYU, YALE

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2008, 04:34
Just a question for R1 applicants....

Q3.4 i.e. What is your career vision and why is it meaningful to you?

How have your differentiated this question from a general goals essay for any other school.
Did you really indicated why MBA part in here?

Request your advice.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2008, 08:00
i talked a little bit about why MBA, but mostly i focused on my career choice and why it's meaningful...really tried to answer the question. put a lot of passion and honesty into your essay and really think about why it's meaningful to you.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2008, 11:57
maverickMBA wrote:

How have your differentiated this question from a general goals essay for any other school.

Request your advice.

Dee Leopold was at one of the events I attended, and she addressed this question directly. She said there's a reason the question didn't focus on Why MBA? Why Harvard? She said to focus on answering the question. They know you're interested in HBS by virtue of your application. Having said that, I think it's perfectly fine to weave in a sentence here and there on Why MBA / Why HBS, but I would say to make sure that 80% of the essay is directly answering the question at hand. Just my humble opinion though!

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 18

Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2008, 12:28
Mikus wrote:
maverickMBA wrote:

Request your advice.

Dee Leopold was at one of the events I attended, and she addressed this question directly. She said there's a reason the question didn't focus on Why MBA? Why Harvard? She said to focus on answering the question. They know you're interested in HBS by virtue of your application. Having said that, I think it's perfectly fine to weave in a sentence here and there on Why MBA / Why HBS, but I would say to make sure that 80% of the essay is directly answering the question at hand. Just my humble opinion though!

Ditto to this. Same question was asked at an on-campus info session, and same response was given.

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 18

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 400 [0], given: 1

Schools: Erb Institute: Ross | SNRE

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2008, 12:46
maverickMBA wrote:

Request your advice.

it also seems like hbs used to ask this question since it's one of the sections in the 65 hbs essays book. so there must be a reason it's no longer an explicit question.

http://www.erb.umich.edu/
http://www.umsocialventure.com
http://gmatclub.com/forum/post558169.html#558169 - a compilation of b-school interview questions
http://gmatclub.com/forum/8-66345.html - my (detailed) gmat debrief

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 400 [0], given: 1

4 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 42 [4], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2008, 20:35
This post received
KUDOS
The final R1 lap has begun... good luck to everybody...!

Update on Round One
Date: December 22, 2008

Greetings from snowy Boston...

Just a few things before the office officially closes for the holiday break from December 24 through January 4.

This week - and up until the notification day on January 21 - we are reviewing candidates post-interview and also building the Round One waitlist. I expect that around 100 Round One candidates not yet invited to interview will be asked to join the waitlist on notification day. As we get a closer look at Round Two candidates, we will be inviting some of the waitlisters to interview in the Round Two cycle. Thus, you could say that a Round One waitlist decision is essentially a "further consideration" message. Everyone asked to join the waitlist will receive detailed information about the process and will have a contact person in Dillon House. We have every intention of admitting some candidates from the waitlist.

For those of you working on Round Two applications, expect a message here early next week.

Wishing you all happy, safe and peaceful holidays.

http://www.hbs.edu/mba/admissions/blog. ... 2008-12-22

Kudos [?]: 42 [4], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2008, 21:49
Mikus,

Given your excitement, I take it that you will be joining HBS over Wharton, if you get through.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Schools: HBS '11

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2008, 07:47
good question... with decisions coming out in 29 days, who here will be attending HBS if they get in?

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth '11

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2008, 08:44
bball wrote:
good question... with decisions coming out in 29 days, who here will be attending HBS if they get in?

I applied to HBS but have not yet received an interview invitation. I can only assume that a large part of this failure is the fact that I am 29 years old. If, by some miracle, I am one of the few who are put on the W/L, I will probably pull my app and stick with my plan to attend Booth. After months of consideration, Booth just seems like the better fit.

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2008, 08:50
MeddlingKid wrote:
bball wrote:

I applied to HBS but have not yet received an interview invitation. I can only assume that a large part of this failure is the fact that I am 29 years old. If, by some miracle, I am one of the few who are put on the W/L, I will probably pull my app and stick with my plan to attend Booth. After months of consideration, Booth just seems like the better fit.

Do you think HBS has more early career applicants ( <3 years since graduation) than Wharton and Booth? I have a hunch I got waitlisted at Wharton because of that....

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Schools: Wharton '11

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2008, 08:57
HBS has more early applicants than Booth and Wharton. Their adcom are pretty clear about that and their 2008 admit stats reflect that as well.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

2 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 42 [2], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2008, 10:09
This post received
KUDOS
CompanyMan wrote:
Mikus,

Given your excitement, I take it that you will be joining HBS over Wharton, if you get through.

I honestly don't know what my comparative preferences are, but I do know I'd be happy at any of the schools I applied to. I try not to rank schools I haven't yet heard back from because I think that's a recipe for heartbreak... :(

Guess I'm just classic risk averse. What about you?

Kudos [?]: 42 [2], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2008, 11:42
Mikus wrote:
CompanyMan wrote:
Mikus,

I honestly don't know what my comparative preferences are, but I do know I'd be happy at any of the schools I applied to. I try not to rank schools I haven't yet heard back from because I think that's a recipe for heartbreak... :(

Guess I'm just classic risk averse. What about you?

I think I will go to HBS if I got through everywhere.. but looks like I wont have that choice...

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2008, 14:06
does anyone know if hbs calls admits before decision day like other schools?
my interviewer said there will be an email at noon (my interview was a few weeks ago so my memory is a little fuzzy but im 90% confident that she said noon) on the decision day but now im wondering if they do anything pre-emptively, like they did with interview invites.

Current Student

Schools: HBS '11

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2008, 14:22
js594 wrote:
does anyone know if hbs calls admits before decision day like other schools?
my interviewer said there will be an email at noon (my interview was a few weeks ago so my memory is a little fuzzy but im 90% confident that she said noon) on the decision day but now im wondering if they do anything pre-emptively, like they did with interview invites.

If past years are any indication, HBS does not call admits... I think there is only an email prompting you to check your status online. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 28

Schools: Harvard '11

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2008, 14:37
bball I believe you are correct.

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 28

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2008, 17:34
thanks bball and msday!

Re: Calling all HBS Fall 2009 Applicants   [#permalink] 23 Dec 2008, 17:34

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  37    Next  [ 723 posts ] 

Calling all HBS Fall 2009 Applicants

post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: ydmuley

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap