Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:45 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: ISB '24 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V24
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.4
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2023 Intake) Class of 2024 [#permalink]
Just got done with my interview. One of the panelist was an ex product manager because of which he grilled me alot on my choice of pursuing PM role post ISB. Also he threw some difficult hypothetical organisational questions that I haven’t seen any of the debriefs. A general advise for all those targeting PM role have a huge huge clarity on it especially if previously you have nil experience in this field.

The interview went on for like 40 mins and I can definetly say one thing it isn’t the same as the US B school’s interviews.

Fingers crossed for 10/03.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Good luck to all of your who have your interviews scheduled for this weekend.

If you need anything, those of us who have already interviewed are here to help 😊

Originally posted by foundatious on 04 Mar 2023, 02:54.
Last edited by foundatious on 04 Mar 2023, 02:55, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Nihar7 wrote:
I just finished my interview. It hardly lasted for 15 minutes. Did even ask why MBA, short term long term goals. They only asked why you want to chose these subjects and some follow up questions where I fumbled in one. Apart from that why ISB, I gave personal reasons why I am migrating back to India and didn’t let me finish why I am picking ISB. I don’t know what to make of this interview, one of them looked clearly impatient interrupting before I finish talking about a question even for 30 seconds. Such a weird interview this was, only thing that is keeping me hopeful is I am a diverse applicant compared to most others.

Must be disappointing, best of luck for the results though!

foundatious wrote:
If you need anything, those of us who have already interviewed are here to help 😊

+1
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: ISB '24 (S)
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3
Send PM
Those who had interviews today, when did you get the invite?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
19MP wrote:
Just got done with my interview. One of the panelist was an ex product manager because of which he grilled me alot on my choice of pursuing PM role post ISB. Also he threw some difficult hypothetical organisational questions that I haven’t seen any of the debriefs. A general advise for all those targeting PM role have a huge huge clarity on it especially if previously you have nil experience in this field. The interview went on for like 40 mins and I can definetly say one thing it isn’t the same as the US B school’s interviews. Fingers crossed for 10/03.

I felt the same. It was very different from the interview’s conducted by US B-Schools

Nihar7 wrote:
I just finished my interview. It hardly lasted for 15 minutes. Did even ask why MBA, short term long term goals. They only asked why you want to chose these subjects and some follow up questions where I fumbled in one. Apart from that why ISB, I gave personal reasons why I am migrating back to India and didn’t let me finish why I am picking ISB. I don’t know what to make of this interview, one of them looked clearly impatient interrupting before I finish talking about a question even for 30 seconds. Such a weird interview this was, only thing that is keeping me hopeful is I am a diverse applicant compared to most others.

:) Maybe your diversity has already ensured that you get an admit so they didn’t waste any time in the interview

Originally posted by tryingmyluck1 on 04 Mar 2023, 03:40.
Last edited by tryingmyluck1 on 04 Mar 2023, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Did anyone get the email about the login details?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2023 Intake) Class of 2024 [#permalink]
tryingmyluck1 wrote:
19MP wrote:
Just got done with my interview. One of the panelist was an ex product manager because of which he grilled me alot on my choice of pursuing PM role post ISB. Also he threw some difficult hypothetical organisational questions that I haven’t seen any of the debriefs. A general advise for all those targeting PM role have a huge huge clarity on it especially if previously you have nil experience in this field. The interview went on for like 40 mins and I can definetly say one thing it isn’t the same as the US B school’s interviews. Fingers crossed for 10/03.

I felt the same. It was very different from the interview’s conducted by US B-Schools

Nihar7 wrote:

:) Maybe your diversity has already ensured that you get an admit so they didn’t waste any time in the interview

Fun to think about it right. I don't believe so, we will see. If I did't trip over one question,I would have been far more confident, but the way they conducted interview was very surprising. What you did in your previous job is useless as most use MBA to pivot their career. When I had interview at UVA, the only thing adcom was concerned about is whether I am coachable or not. Here they nitpick our previous experience which is quite useless in grand scheme of things.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Has anyone received an interview invite today?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
19MP wrote:
Just got done with my interview. One of the panelist was an ex product manager because of which he grilled me alot on my choice of pursuing PM role post ISB. Also he threw some difficult hypothetical organisational questions that I haven’t seen any of the debriefs. A general advise for all those targeting PM role have a huge huge clarity on it especially if previously you have nil experience in this field.

The interview went on for like 40 mins and I can definetly say one thing it isn’t the same as the US B school’s interviews.

Fingers crossed for 10/03.

Something similar happened to me. Interviewer asked questions around designing something, like a Product Manager interview.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Nihar7 wrote:
Fun to think about it right. I don’t believe so, we will see. If I dint trip over one question I would have been far more confident but the way they conducted interview was very surprising, what you did in your previous job is useless as most use MBA to pivot their career. When I had interview at UVA, the only thing adcom was concerned about is whether I am coachable or not. Here they nitpick our previous experience which is quite useless in grand scheme of things.

Even if you wish to transition to a different field, what you did in your previous role is important because it helps them understand why you want to make that transition and/or leave that particular role and sector. It’s not a useless question by any means

I also want to transition so i can understand your pov but i also understand why they do this

Originally posted by manhooskutta on 04 Mar 2023, 06:04.
Last edited by manhooskutta on 04 Mar 2023, 06:05, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
My interview lasted for like 20 mins, where they have asked questions around essays only. They were more concerned about why MBA , no question from any of my job experience 🙃
Manager
Manager
Send PM
taj112 wrote:
Something similar happened to me. Interviewer asked questions around designing something, like a Product Manager interview.

ISB panelists are very through in general, is what my takeaway has been. Even in my interview they asked me in detail about my experiences. I don’t think any other interviewer panel in my experience comes close to ISB’s in this tegard

Prateek2711 wrote:
My interview lasted for like 20 mins, where they have asked questions around essays only. They were more concerned about why MBA , no question from any of my job experience 🙃

Yeah the why MBA question is pretty common. “Why not try for xyz thing without an MBA since there are scores of people who have done just that successfully “

Prateek2711 wrote:

Your answers were probably so convincing they didn’t feel to ask you about your previous experiences 😂

Originally posted by manhooskutta on 04 Mar 2023, 06:07.
Last edited by manhooskutta on 04 Mar 2023, 06:08, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I wish 😅 Rest upto diversity. I’ve pretty low score than ISB average and 7 years of work ex in Energy Sector. Even interview call was surprise for me
Manager
Manager
Send PM
What is isb average for gmat?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It’s 700+
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Im on the average then with 700 😂
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 4
Send PM
Prateek2711 wrote:
I wish 😅 Rest upto diversity. I’ve pretty low score than ISB average and 7 years of work ex in Energy Sector. Even interview call was surprise for me

hello. it is difficult to predict how the selection process happens. I too messed up my interview in SP JAIN Mumbai in 2k19 and I was certain that I will not get through. However, I was INDEED accepted. Nevertheless, I was bound to not take the admission due to rise in Covid cases. Moral - If it is meant to be, you shall get it. Stay positive. best wishes.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  343   344   345   346   347  ...  390