[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "204_school_count"
Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 : ISB - Page 30
Last visit was: 21 Jul 2024, 21:30 It is currently 21 Jul 2024, 21:30
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q89 V79 DI78
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Hello - is there any possibility for getting interview call from ISB with 650 score in gmat?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Yes ofcourse. Depends on how you present your application
Intern
Intern
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q89 V79 DI78
Send PM
oh -Okay
Could someone please review my profile?
Below is my profile
Engineer Male - w/ 3 years of work Experience till now.

Class 10th - 10 CGPA
Class 12th - 89% - CBSE Boards
Under-graduation - BE in Electronics and Computer Engineering w/ 9.69 CGPA - merit holder

I have a lot of volunteering experience in college as well as in my last company such as being Creativity heads in multiple fests managing team of 30+ juniors, IN my last company - I have organised various events and was communication team member.

Work Ex- GE ( worked for 2 years ) and currently working with an OTA based mnc company.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 52
GPA: 3.58
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Can someone please review my profile?

I have decent acads during my schooling (90+%), did my bachelors in mechanical engineering (85.9%) in a tier 2 university, scored 99.97%ile in GATE Mechanical. I have started working in an Oil CPSE since 2017 (key job responsibilities held - Inventory and Warehouse manager, Buyer Manger (Sourcing and procurment including contract and change management for various LSTK, EPC flagship projects)

Scored 325 in GRE
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
@dhineshpg, On what you have shared, there is nothing in your profile that stops you from getting into ISB and there is nothing that ’profile’ itself will be enough. GRE score is decent. If you are able to express yourself properly in application and interview, and showcase the qualities you bring, you will be qualify. There will be hundreds of applicants from oil CPSEs, try to focus on what makes you different than those other hundreds of similar applicants.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT Focus 1:
695 Q88 V83 DI82
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
Hi, could someone please review my profile and provide feedback for ISB: 2021 batch Undergrad, CGPA: 9.04, 10th - 9.6 CGPA, 12th - 89%, GMAT: 720, 6 weeks Aiesec internship in greece (volunteer work), state level Basketball (twice) and Badminton (once), two merit based scholarship during undergrad, internship at Samsung Electronics, 10 months FT at a startup - Koinly, 1.5 years at ZS Associates as DAA - coordinating with US clients and other stakeholders and Argentina team members. Do I stand a good chance for interview shortlist and final convert with this profile?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi everyone, can someone please review my profile. I have written few points on Why Me. I won’t necessarily put everything. But also, want expert opinion on what points seem impressive. I would really appreciate any help here. Thanks in advance

Acads: Undergraduate: 9.37 CGPA, 12th - 93.4%, 10th - 10 CGPA, B.Tech from VIT Vellore (Rank ~13 in top colleges India)

Why me?
- Being the second engineer of the Travel team at CRED, I got an opportunity to work on Hotel Booking Business from 0-1, we spent more than a year, building product from scratch and I worked closely with the product building my product knowledge
- My PM: “Paritosh showcases exceptional solutioning skills, considering not only technical aspects but also customer experience, operational efficiency, and industry context. He has a unique ability to make well-informed trade-off decisions, which allows him to balance competing priorities and deliver optimal outcomes. This holistic approach to problem-solving makes him an invaluable asset to our team”
- "Google vs CRED" - It was one of the hardest decisions for me. After two years of working at Cisco Appdynamics, one of the top 10 technological companies in the world, I knew I wanted to create a larger impact and wanted to go somewhere where my contribution is much larger. Hence, despite having my dream to work at Google in front of me, I chose to work at CRED.
- I bring experience working at India’s one of the best startups, where I built a travel section in CRED app from scratch which is used by 4M people so far, with 50k users using it daily.
- On the day of launch, seeing 198k users use the app that I gave my 1 year in making, I felt proud and it was one of the best moments in my life.
- I bring learnings from product, technology, customer research etc
- I have always worked on building a holistic personality and have so diverse experiences. I tend to leave impact wherever I go
- At AppDynamics, my team was the winner of the global hackathon where we built a chat bot that helped bring teams together at a time when people were working remotely due to Covid.
- I was selected as a Team4Tech and TeachUnited volunteer (a global 10 person team), where I worked to solve some of Tanzania’s root level education system problem. In the process, we were given leadership training that helped me learn so much. I got to interact with teachers from Tanzania, and students to understand their problems, and develop solutions for them. This taught me leadership, problem solving, design thinking and communication
- In college, I was in the core committee of Dramatics club. Along with being an actor, which gave me confidence in expressing myself, I was the event manager for Khalbali fest at Riviera’ where 13 colleges participated.
- In college I was in the Google Developers Group where I was the event organiser and coordinator for multiple fests which included 400+ participants. I shifted the focus of the club to hackathons, and created a culture where students were inspired and participated more in hackathons and we organized more as well.
- I have always loved hackathons, and have won various awards and prizes at multiple levels by building products that helped solve major problems. I have won an award at IIT Madras, won gold medal for KPIT Sparkle, 2nd prize at Honeywell hackathon to name a few.
- Being an NCC cadet at school, taught me the value of discipline early on. I have also been consistent with fitness activities for more than 8 years. Have represented my school in state level tournaments for both Table Tennis and Volleyball. I go to the gym regularly and also do long distance running.
- I am curious person and loves to learn, to understand about product better, I joined Stoa, which is an alt MBA program and teaches about business fundamentals
- I am a part of Toastmasters international (Gurgaon) too.

I really appreciate if you have read so far. I feel that I have a lot of things on my profile but I feel I lack the depth or extreme level achievements, for ex. state level champion of xyz etc. This also makes me feel a bit less confident. I wanted some thoughts on how good is my profile and what should I focus more on.

I haven’t given GMAT yet. I will give it in 23 days. Rigth now I am getting a score of 690 on my mocks. I hope to get atleast 720/730 in my actual exam
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 722 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Kudos
paritoshmahajan wrote:
Hi everyone, can someone please review my profile. I have written few points on Why Me. I won’t necessarily put everything. But also, want expert opinion on what points seem impressive. I would really appreciate any help here. Thanks in advance

Acads: Undergraduate: 9.37 CGPA, 12th - 93.4%, 10th - 10 CGPA, B.Tech from VIT Vellore (Rank ~13 in top colleges India)

Why me?
- Being the second engineer of the Travel team at CRED, I got an opportunity to work on Hotel Booking Business from 0-1, we spent more than a year, building product from scratch and I worked closely with the product building my product knowledge
- My PM: “Paritosh showcases exceptional solutioning skills, considering not only technical aspects but also customer experience, operational efficiency, and industry context. He has a unique ability to make well-informed trade-off decisions, which allows him to balance competing priorities and deliver optimal outcomes. This holistic approach to problem-solving makes him an invaluable asset to our team”
- "Google vs CRED" - It was one of the hardest decisions for me. After two years of working at Cisco Appdynamics, one of the top 10 technological companies in the world, I knew I wanted to create a larger impact and wanted to go somewhere where my contribution is much larger. Hence, despite having my dream to work at Google in front of me, I chose to work at CRED.
- I bring experience working at India’s one of the best startups, where I built a travel section in CRED app from scratch which is used by 4M people so far, with 50k users using it daily.
- On the day of launch, seeing 198k users use the app that I gave my 1 year in making, I felt proud and it was one of the best moments in my life.
- I have always worked on building a holistic personality and have so diverse experiences. I tend to leave impact wherever I go
- At AppDynamics, my team was the winner of the global hackathon where we built a chat bot that helped bring teams together at a time when people were working remotely due to Covid.
- I was selected as a Team4Tech and TeachUnited volunteer (a global 10 person team), where I worked to solve some of Tanzania’s root level education system problem. In the process, we were given leadership training that helped me learn so much. I got to interact with teachers from Tanzania, and students to understand their problems, and develop solutions for them. This taught me leadership, problem solving, design thinking and communication
- In college, I was in the core committee of Dramatics club. Along with being an actor, which gave me confidence in expressing myself, I was the event manager for Khalbali fest at Riviera’ where 13 colleges participated.
- In college I was in the Google Developers Group where I was the event organiser and coordinator for multiple fests which included 400+ participants. I shifted the focus of the club to hackathons, and created a culture where students were inspired and participated more in hackathons and we organized more as well.
- I have always loved hackathons, and have won various awards and prizes at multiple levels by building products that helped solve major problems. I have won an award at IIT Madras, won gold medal for KPIT Sparkle, 2nd prize at Honeywell hackathon to name a few.
- Being an NCC cadet at school, taught me the value of discipline early on. I have also been consistent with fitness activities for more than 8 years. Have represented my school in state level tournaments for both Table Tennis and Volleyball. I go to the gym regularly and also do long distance running.
- I am curious person and loves to learn, to understand about product better, I joined Stoa, which is an alt MBA program and teaches about business fundamentals

I really appreciate if you have read so far. I feel that I have a lot of things on my profile but I feel I lack the depth or extreme level achievements, for ex. state level champion of xyz etc. This also makes me feel a bit less confident. I wanted some thoughts on how good is my profile and what should I focus more on.

I haven’t given GMAT yet. I will give it in 23 days. Rigth now I am getting a score of 690 on my mocks. I hope to get atleast 720/730 in my actual exam

paritoshmahajan

Don't sell yourself short.
Many candidates think their profiles aren't high achieving or unique enough and they eliminate themselves prematurely due to this mindset, without putting their best effort into the B School applications and interviews. It is important to understand that by combining all your experiences and character traits, you can create a one-of-a-kind profile that will leave a lasting impression on admissions committee.

And I for one think that you have a very impressive background and work experience even though you come from a crowded pool.
Not everyone needs to be an outlier in an MBA class. Admissions committees are looking for students who will add flavor to the class and bring different perspectives to the table. The source of these experiences can vary widely- extracurricular or professional. You must demonstrate to the admissions committee how your experience of building CRED "Travel" will add value to the MBA experience for your fellow classmates. Consider what unique perspective or skillset you can bring to the table and how you can contribute to your peers' learning experience. Your essays should highlight your thoughtful reflection on these questions and showcase your commitment to sharing your distinctive perspective in the classroom. If you have worked in an industry-specific domain, you may have a deep understanding of the trends, challenges, and opportunities in that sector. Bring them to the surface. I see so much potential for narrative building in your extracurricular engagements too. And rather than asking on this forum which points appear impressive, contemplate deeply which ones you personally deem pivotal to the individual you have become today, and which have significantly molded your personality. MBA essays are not a laundry list of achievements, but they are about expressing what holds personal significance to you.

Now target a balanced GMAT score and that should further increase your confidence.

Do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need help navigating your unique circumstances in the B School admissions process.

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message(WA): +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Thank you so much! This was really very helpful, and I got the idea what you are trying to convey. I really appreciate the thoughtful response.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 321 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
paritoshmahajan wrote:

Why me?

paritoshmahajan - The irony of a differentiated profile is that the candidate sometimes doesn't think of it as one :) Some points from an initial review:

1. Academic scores are good. Professional experience (next point) is also interesting. With a GMAT score around your target (or higher) and strong motivations (point 3), I believe you can put forth a strong application.

2. The professional arc is interesting given your association with the CRED brand and the tangible impact you have had in your role(s). B-schools love candidates who have faced on-the-ground challenges and can bring practical viewpoints to classroom discussions, and to that end, a high-impact role at a start-up can be, when presented right, stronger than a comparable role at a trillion dollar big-tech company where your direct contributions rarely move the needle.

3. It's key to be clear on your post MBA goal: target sector, function, geo and companies. Identifying your transferable skills and how the MBA/ ISB can help fill in gaps can make your narrative stronger.

Hope this helps a bit. Feel free to reach out for a deeper conversation.

Regards,
Arvind
HEC Paris MBA alum, Admissions interviewer
W:https://admitstreet.com | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
Intern
Intern
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q89 V79 DI78
Send PM
Below is my profile

Class 10th - 10 CGPA
Under-graduation - BE in Electronics and Computer Engineering w/ 9.69 CGPA - merit holder

I have a lot of volunteering experience in college as well as in my last company such as being Creativity heads in multiple fests managing team of 30+ juniors, IN my last company - I have organised various events and was communication team member.

Work Ex- GE ( worked for 2 years ) and currently working with an OTA based mnc company.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 253 [0]
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Vmundra wrote:
Below is my profile

Class 10th - 10 CGPA

No mention of:

- Your undergrad college
- Your GMAT/GRE score
- Your nature of work experience
- Your goals

Vmundra, these things do matter, you know!
--
Ashish.
Intern
Intern
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q89 V79 DI78
Send PM
Below is my profile

Class 10th - 10 CGPA

Director
Director
Send PM
rajatsiwach wrote:
Hi, could someone please review my profile and provide feedback for ISB: 2021 batch Undergrad, CGPA: 9.04, 10th - 9.6 CGPA, 12th - 89%, GMAT: 720, 6 weeks Aiesec internship in greece (volunteer work), state level Basketball (twice) and Badminton (once), two merit based scholarship during undergrad, internship at Samsung Electronics, 10 months FT at a startup - Koinly, 1.5 years at ZS Associates as DAA - coordinating with US clients and other stakeholders and Argentina team members. Do I stand a good chance for interview shortlist and final convert with this profile?

Hi rajatsiwach, for interview shortlist, you do stand with a good chance (of course provided that the rest of the application is decent as well).

Final covert to a very large extent would depend upon your interviewing skills and so, that's difficult to comment on right now. Incidentally, the interview itself would also largely depend upon how well your craft the application, since ISB interviews are largely application based.

Hope you got the hint. Application is what you should be focusing on, at this stage.
--
Ashish.
Intern
Intern
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q89 V79 DI78
Send PM
ISBeacon wrote:
No mention of: - Your under college - Your GMAT/GRE score - Your nature of work experience - Your goals Vmundra, these things do matter, you know! -- Ashish.

alright - adding them
Please see my rsponse below

Below is my profile

Class 10th - 10 CGPA
College - Thapar University - patiala ( Tier 2 College)
GMAT score - still preparing - getting 680 in mocks - targeting 700 in actual GMAT

Work Ex- GE ( worked for 2 years ) and currently working with an OTA based MNC company.
I am working as senior software engineer on a CRM (customer relationship management tool - to capture leads and covering complete sales to service clouds. My role here is Individual contributor but in my past company I have good amount of lead experience.

Short term goals -
I want to change my domain from technical to non technical background - I’ll try to get placed in IT based companies with product management role.
Long term goal -
I wanted to be a IT leader - more specifically a program manager where my work is not limited to just one team or technology but more around running a program in a IT based company.
Director
Director
Send PM
dhineshpg wrote:
Can someone please review my profile?

I have decent acads during my schooling (90+%), did my bachelors in mechanical engineering (85.9%) in a tier 2 university, scored 99.97%ile in GATE Mechanical. I have started working in an Oil CPSE since 2017 (key job responsibilities held - Inventory and Warehouse manager, Buyer Manger (Sourcing and procurment including contract and change management for various LSTK, EPC flagship projects)

Scored 325 in GRE

Very decent profile dhineshpg. The 99.97 percentile obviously stands out. If there is one thing I could choose to improve in your profile, it would be your GRE score; having said that, 325 is not a show-stopper by any extent of imagination.

Since your experience has largely been in sourcing and procurement, make sure that your goals do not deviate significantly from this @dhineshpg; after all, you have 6+ years of experience and it is imperative that you draw upon this phenomenal experience.
--
Ashish.
Director
Director
Send PM
Vmundra wrote:
Hello - is there any possibility for getting interview call from ISB with 650 score in gmat?

Very very unlikely Vmundra.

Miracle is how I would put it; of course, miracles do happen, but hope for miracle cannot be your strategy.
--
Ashish.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32  ...  374