[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "204_school_count"
Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 : ISB - Page 28
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 16:26 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 16:26
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 128
Schools: ISB '25
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Schools: IIMC (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 326 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
IvyRaina wrote:
Hey Everyone!

Requesting a profile review

Education
Class 10 - 9.6 CGPA
Class 12 - 89%
Undergrad - BTech in Computer Science - Punjab Engineering College, CHD - CGPA 7.3

Past Experience
6 Month Internship + 4 Years in JPMC - (Asset & Wealth Management) Operations Management and Global Transformation (Joined as a candidate for the rotational programme)
1 Promotion and 1 change in role/responsibilities

Targeting GMAT score 700+ for R2

Extra-Curricular - Represented India in Womens AFC Football championship (Professional league) - have continued my hobby here at JPMC as well along with my interest in Art (Director of a local art magazine)

Age/Gender - 26 Female

Gave one GMAT attempt - 650 (not fully prepared) - working towards 700+

IvyRaina, please see some points from an initial review:

1. Academic record is alright: GPA is a tad lower, but a good GMAT (in line with your target, or higher) can alleviate concerns here. The current GMAT score is on the lower side of ISB's average (~713) and hence would suggest a retake.

2. The professional arc is interesting, given the JPMC brand and the promotion. The role also indicates analytical/ operational skillsets, adaptability (rotational program) and cross-functional exposure, although would like to understand specific projects/ achievements in more details to comment more.

3. What are your post MBA goals (target sector, function, geography)? Linking your goals to the pre-MBA journey, highlighting any transferrable skills and how an MBA/ ISB would fill any gaps can help craft a good narrative.

4. ECs are strong, particularly the national involvement in AFC, and the position at the art magazine. Aim to have compelling anecdotes around these experiences, highlighting both the specific achievements (i.e. challenges you faced, actions you took etc.) and the learnings (ideally those that can translate to your journey in/ post MBA).

Hope this helps a bit. Feel free to reach out for a deeper chat.

Regards,
Arvind
HEC Paris MBA alum, Admissions interviewer
W:https://admitstreet.com| E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 724 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
IvyRaina wrote:
Hey Everyone!

Education
Class 10 - 9.6 CGPA
Class 12 - 89%
Undergrad - BTech in Computer Science - Punjab Engineering College, CHD - CGPA 7.3

Past Experience
6 Month Internship + 4 Years in JPMC - (Asset & Wealth Management) Operations Management and Global Transformation (Joined as a candidate for the rotational programme)

Extra-Curricular - Represented India in Womens AFC Football championship (Professional league) - have continued my hobby here at JPMC as well along with my interest in Art (Director of a local art magazine)

Age/Gender - 26 Female

Hi IvyRaina

Academics and GMAT-
You have got a solid academic arc and a prestigious undergraduate affiliation. Improving your GMAT score will further validate your continued academic orientation and underpin your abilities as a high-performing candidate.

Work experience-
In your professional narrative, showcasing a steep learning curve is important. Show that you worked in a fast-paced environment and with various strategic teams, which has given you the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, interact with high-level executives, and take advantage of best-in-class exposure. Demonstrate enthusiasm for developing business insights through your work in investigating asset/projects or providing key data analysis and reporting. Communicate that you have a unique perspective on your contribution to an important aspect of the financial services industry.

ECs-
Your Extracurricular engagement is interesting. Be sure to reflect how it has shaped your character, taught you valuable life skills, and reinforced your dedication to personal growth and contributing to the community.

Goals Strategy-
The ISB essay on your goals is optional and won't impact the weighting of other written essays. However, be prepared to discuss your goals in detail during the interview. The admissions committee evaluates your application as a whole, considering your past experience, GMAT score, academic performance, ECs, and more, along with your research and future prospects. If you're interested in a particular job or company, research their recruitment pipelines to see how your experience aligns with their needs. Present a clear and compelling narrative that showcases your potential and demonstrates how your background aligns with your aspirations.

Feel free to connect for a candid discussion on your B School prospects.

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hello IvyRaina

Your past scores are decent and the target GMAT score of 700 will surely help you stand out.
Work ex shows good potential of storytelling too with strong brand on the CV and career progression to talk about.
Extracurricular activities really shine- just ensure while talking about them, you show how these will help you add value to the experience of your batchmates inside and outside the classroom.
The only missing piece of information here is your Career Goals, which is as important as your past profile. Talk about goals that are clear and organic and make ISB the most logical next step in the fulfillment of said goals. If you present that well in the essays, you have a decent shot at getting an interview invite.

Best
Varun
+918452954888 (WApp for a quick respose)
MBAkarma.com

IvyRaina wrote:
Hey Everyone!

Education
Class 10 - 9.6 CGPA
Class 12 - 89%

Past Experience

Age/Gender - 26 Female

VP
VP
Send PM
Hello TusharKataria

Your past scores are decent and the target GMAT score of 700 will surely help you stand out.
Work ex shows good potential of storytelling too with strong brands on the CV. In your essays, focus on bringing out your career progression and achievements at work.
Your industry/work ex anyway adds good diversity to your profile. But what can further add diversity is extracurricular activities which, unfortunately, are missing- just ensure while talking about them, you show how these will help you add value to the experience of your batchmates inside and outside the classroom.
The other missing piece of information here is your Career Goals, which is as important as your past profile. Talk about goals that are clear and organic and make ISB the most logical next step in the fulfillment of said goals. If you present that well in the essays, you have a decent shot at getting an interview invite.

Best
Varun
+918452954888 (WApp for a quick respose)
MBAkarma.com

TusharKataria wrote:
Hello Everyone!

Education
Class 10 - Kendriya Vidyalaya - 9.2 CGPA
Class 12 - Kendriya Vidyalaya - 89.2%
Undergrad - BTech (IT) from Delhi Technological University - CGPA 7.1

Past Experience
2.5 years with The India Nutrition Initiative (Joint initiative between TATA Trusts and the Ministry of Women and Child Development, for the implementation of POSHAN Abhiyaan)
2.5 years (currently working) with the Quality Council of India ( an autonomous body under the Ministry of commerce)

VP
VP
Send PM
Hello GeetJo09

In absence of any specific qualitative information regarding our profile, you are bound to receive only generic advice- 315 is too low, score at least the par score of the school (approx. 325).
What 'specific' information you ask? Talk about what sets you apart from the other applicants in your
1) Work ex- What has been your career progression, what are your key achievements, what has been your impact at work
2) Diversity- What makes you a unique addition to the school? Do you have any traits, qualities, life experiences or extracurricular activities that will help you add value to the experience of your batch mates inside and outside the classroom?
3) Career goals- as a future business leader, talk about your long term and short terms goals. What is your personal motivation to achieve these goals. Why is ISB the most logical step in the fulfillment of these goals?

If ISB has to admit you at a lower than average score, you must prove that you bring some other strength to the class.
In absence of such information- score at least a 325+

Best
Varun
+918452954888 (WApp for a quick response)
MBAkarma.com

GeetJo09 wrote:
Gre score is 315, should I give the exam again or can I apply with this score.
Profile review please.
Four years of experience as a teacher and two years of experience with a NGO
Graduation gpa 7.409
Class XII 88 (PCMB)
Class X 93.8
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello usernameforgc

Past scores are decent, look at scoring a 700+ on the GMAT in order to stand out.
Work ex really lack any qualitative information for a fair assessment of your profile. Forget career progress, achievements or impact at work not even clear what your role is. (Neither at Accenture nor in your family business). This makes me worried if you are clear what ISB is looking for in a successful candidate/application.
Similar feedback for the lone extracurricular activity (the volunteering one, the school ones will not add much weight). No qualitative information around this activity- accomplishments or impact. Understand why should ISB be interested in your extracurricular activities- after all it is a B-School, why should it care about your volunteering. The only reason such activities become relevant is if you can use them in your narrative to prove that your experience here will help you add value to the experience of your batch mates inside and outside the classroom.
Lastly, career goals cannot be commented upon (whether they are organic and realistic) due to lack of information around work ex. All I can say is that if you are from the IT background (judging by your graduation stream), Product Management might be a very good fit, but consulting is a very different field and much more details are needed to understand your aspirations and fit with this goal. Anyway, you should be talking about your long term and short term goals, your personal motivation behind such goals and why ISB is the most logical next step in the fulfillment of these goals.

Work on answering the above before assessing whether you have the strengths to apply in this round or next or at all.

Best
Varun
+918452954888 (WApp for a quick response)
MBAkarma.com

usernameforgc wrote:
Hello mentors, requesting a profile review and a target GMAT score based on my profile below:

Education:
CBSE class 10- 10 CGPA(2014)
CBSE class 12- 92%(2016)
BTech - 8.37/10 CGPA(2020) -KIIT University-Computer Science branch

Work experience: 3 years

Accenture- 2020 to present.

Currently looking after the business after my father since 2021 along with a full time job.

Volunteer:
Smile foundation and helpage India during school.

Awards :
Merit certificate for securing 10 CGPA in class 10 and 100% in physical education subject in class 12

Post mba goals: product management/consulting

Planning to apply for ISB in R2/R3 depending on my GMAT score, which I am planning to appear in mid November. Current GMAT(mock) score is only 570(appeared in the month on May without much preparation)

Should I apply for ISB this year or should I wait until next year and apply with an enhanced profile(if my current profile doesn’t make the cut)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V31
Send PM
It’s a scam guys please avoid buying this
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Human Resources, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q50 V42
Send PM
Requesting for a profile review

GUNAGANTI PRIYANKA GOUD
priyankagoud1384@gmail.com
Career guidance
I AM AN ENTRY LEVEL HR MANAGER AND BUSINESS ANALYST WITH TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE IN MS OFFICE . MY TENURE IN THE ACADEMICS I ACQUIRED THE SKILLS OF PUBLIC SPEAKING INTERACTING LEADERSHIP AND ORGANISING EVENTS .

Educational Qualifications
pursuing BBA 2nd year(batch 2021-2024)in mallareddy university with 94.3%
Pursuing Inter -mec( batch 2019-2021) in ignite ias academy with a percentage of 95%
Tenth - cbse (batch -2018-2019) in CMR international school with a percentage of 90%

WORK EXPERIENCE
Eduversity of danmark - marketing and sales intern -march 2023
Lernx - hr intern - April 2023- June 2023

TECHNICAL SKILLS
Microsoft office
Risk management
Marketing and management knowledge

PERSONALITY SKILLS
Verbal communication expertise
Written communication expertise
Organising skills
Leadership skills
Time management
Collaborative skills
Team player
Coordinating skills

Awards and achievements
participated in international conference of geo political issues
Effective Communication-Great Learning, Online- Jan 2022 - Jan 2022
Fundamentals Of Communication-UpGrad, Online – Mar 2022 - Mar 2022

my blogs https://priyankagoud1384.wixsite.com/website

Personal information
Dob: 19 th november 2003
Nationality :indian
Languages known : telugu hindi english and basic french
Hobbies : blogging ,journalising

Aiming for gmat score from min of 680 .
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Human Resources, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q50 V42
Send PM
Can I please expect any response
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 973 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Aim for a 720 to be on the safe side

Assuming this is for YLP?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
https://forms.office.com/r/pcGJjXx98Y Hey! Kindly fill this form and help us (students of IIMB) in our project. Average time taken 3-4 mins. For any admission related queries, DM me. Will be happy to help :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi, can anyone here review my essay for the application?
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]