It is currently 24 Feb 2018, 19:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 10:52
This forum is so active and generating so many hits....I think it's time Gclub integrate RSS Feed feature into the site. :-D
Current Student
Schools: Michigan

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 10:55
Hmm...my application status has not changed on the online system. I suppose that is neutral.

You guys are making me paranoid...must concentrate on work...
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 11:00
nomsg7111 wrote:
Hmm...my application status has not changed on the online system. I suppose that is neutral.

Didn't lose the Tuesday/Friday reference? Could be a good sign. At this point anything that happens to "a lot" of people could be interpreted as bad news, since we are dealing with a 14% acceptance rate afterall.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: HBS Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 11:07
Wow guys. You have me at the edge of my seat and I am not even applying!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck, Kellogg, Sloan, Stanford, Haas, Cornell, LBS, UCLA

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 11:08
Are there people who didnt lose the Tuesday/Friday timing thing on the status? I doubt it. I think its a gesture to indicate that status changes could happen anytime/anyday.

Any takers?

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams

SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 11:09
Just checked my status - I'm seeing the message w/o the Tuesday/Friday reference too.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: HBS Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 11:09
Manbehindthecurtain wrote:
nomsg7111 wrote:

Didn't lose the Tuesday/Friday reference? Could be a good sign. At this point anything that happens to "a lot" of people could be interpreted as bad news, since we are dealing with a 14% acceptance rate afterall.

Not sure if I fully agree with the reasoning. I don't think the sample of people on this board represents the general Kellogg application pool. People on this board are self-selected and probably fall into the more competitive applicant category.
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 11:10
yea, I lost Tues/Friday reference as well
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck, Kellogg, Sloan, Stanford, Haas, Cornell, LBS, UCLA

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 11:20
Well, I guess this confirms my theory - Removing of tuesday/friday timings is a common phenomena.

Surprisingly someone at BW has reported a wierd status message - tue/friday timing removed but the message about e-mail notification being sent in case of status change is missing.

I guess the most common ones are - Tue/Friday removed and e-mail notification message present - which means there is still scope for something to happen :)

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams

Current Student
Schools: INSEAD Jan09 (matriculating), HBS (R1 dinged), Wharton(R1 dinged), Columbia Jan09 (dinged), Kellogg (dinged)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 11:20
me 2 (removal of tue/fri reference)

Last edited by WillAsher on 09 Dec 2008, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Schools: R1: HBS(A), Kellogg(A), Michigan(A), Duke(A), Wharton(D)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 11:22
Mine changed as well (removal of tue/fri and added email reference)
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 11:26
Congrats to familyman and cs11!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 12:09
Tuesday/Friday reference is gone on mine and replaced with what everyone else is seeing.

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Current Student
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 12:34
Same here. No Tuesday/Friday reference and added reference to email.

When a decision has been rendered, the Office of Admissions will send you an email notifying you to check your status for your decision. Decisions will be released throughout the round, but the majority of decisions will be released during the last several weeks of the round.
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS, Kellogg, MIT, Cornell, Texas, SMU, Washington (Olin)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 12:42
BearStearner wrote:
I just got an email. I got dinged. :cry:

The Admission Committee for graduate programs at Kellogg School of Business has completed its review of your application for the Fall of 2009. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer you admission. You will receive an official decision letter providing more in depth information regarding the area(s) of weakness highlighted by the Committee. Please allow at least two weeks to receive your decision letter.

Oh great

It looks like the change to "unknown" is forecasting a ding this year as well. I became "unknown" earlier today, and just now got an official ding by logging in (I have not received an email yet). No word on a "decision letter" for me:

"The Admissions Committee has completed its review of your application for the Two-Year Program at the Kellogg School of Management. Despite your many merits as a candidate, I regret to inform you that we are not able to offer you a place in the entering class.

The Admissions Committee carefully evaluated your application in the following areas: work experience, career plans, academic ability and performance, extracurricular and community involvement, leadership and interpersonal skills. Decisions are based upon a thorough evaluation of your individual strengths and weaknesses, as well as your qualifications relative to all others in our applicant pool. This decision is not a reflection of your personal qualities and achievements or your potential for success in management, but merely a reflection of the limited number of places in the class.

We certainly wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and thank you for your interest in the Two-Year Program at the Kellogg School of Management."

Happy trails ya'll, good luck everyone.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 12:47
belfi wrote:
BearStearner wrote:

The Admission Committee for graduate programs at Kellogg School of Business has completed its review of your application for the Fall of 2009. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer you admission. You will receive an official decision letter providing more in depth information regarding the area(s) of weakness highlighted by the Committee. Please allow at least two weeks to receive your decision letter.

Oh great

It looks like the change to "unknown" is forecasting a ding this year as well. I became "unknown" earlier today, and just now got an official ding by logging in (I have not received an email yet). No word on a "decision letter" for me:

"The Admissions Committee has completed its review of your application for the Two-Year Program at the Kellogg School of Management. Despite your many merits as a candidate, I regret to inform you that we are not able to offer you a place in the entering class.

The Admissions Committee carefully evaluated your application in the following areas: work experience, career plans, academic ability and performance, extracurricular and community involvement, leadership and interpersonal skills. Decisions are based upon a thorough evaluation of your individual strengths and weaknesses, as well as your qualifications relative to all others in our applicant pool. This decision is not a reflection of your personal qualities and achievements or your potential for success in management, but merely a reflection of the limited number of places in the class.

We certainly wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and thank you for your interest in the Two-Year Program at the Kellogg School of Management."

Sorry to hear about that, man.

"Sic volvere parcas..."

SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 12:48
Bummer belfi :(
SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 12:48
belfi wrote:

Sorry Belfi. Good luck with other applications. There is always hope!

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Current Student
Schools: INSEAD Jan09 (matriculating), HBS (R1 dinged), Wharton(R1 dinged), Columbia Jan09 (dinged), Kellogg (dinged)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 12:50
belfi wrote:
BearStearner wrote:

Oh great

sorry to hear that...
SVP
SVP
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2008, 12:58
A few new dings and 1 admit are posted on BW.

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 09 Dec 2008, 12:58

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  41   42   43   44   45  ...  115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap