GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Sep 2019, 11:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 167
Location: India
GRE 1: Q780 V680
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 21:39
irulirox
waitlisted without interview :( :( now that is second for this season :(
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2014
Posts: 150
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 23:11
kpsg wrote:
irulirox
waitlisted without interview :( :( now that is second for this season :(


Keep your hopes up! A waitlist w/o interview is better than a ding (or a waitlist w/ interview) anyday! Coz it means that based on your application, they found you good enough for their school but there are probably other candidates with similar profiles to yours or more unique profiles that have been accepted. If spots were to open up, they would definitely invite you to interview.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT Date: 10-30-2013
GPA: 3.3
WE: Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2015, 07:15
1
kpsg wrote:
irulirox
waitlisted without interview :( :( now that is second for this season :(


What you could do (and this worked for me at Cornell), is write an essay outlining why you'd enjoy Williamsburg and the Mason experience. It just shows an extra level of attention. Again this is just advice and may or may not work for you.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 167
Location: India
GRE 1: Q780 V680
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2015, 23:53
twodice1 wrote:
kpsg wrote:
irulirox
waitlisted without interview :( :( now that is second for this season :(


What you could do (and this worked for me at Cornell), is write an essay outlining why you'd enjoy Williamsburg and the Mason experience. It just shows an extra level of attention. Again this is just advice and may or may not work for you.


Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I will surely do that.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2014
Posts: 150
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2015, 23:59
vaggar4 wrote:
supi12 wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone spoken with a currently enrolled student/alumnus? How is he/she finding the school? How has the school helped him/her reach his/her goals? What are the current avg. salary packages and the % of students getting a job within 3 months of graduating? Can someone share the current stats of the school?

Thanks!


Hi supi,

I have asked the admisison guys to get me in touch with a couple of current students and they said it will take 2 weeks. I will let u know once i get any more update. No offence but you should not be asking basic questions like current avg salary packages and the % of students getting a job within 3 months of graduation. These type of answers you can get in this forum with just a 5 minute search. I know the answers to these questions but I want you to find out.
Anyways, u scored 590 and r u done with the Mason Interview? Admitted? interviewed?


Hi vaggar4, Were you able to get in touch with a current student ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Dec 2014
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 11:39
MBAGirl17 wrote:
vaggar4 wrote:
supi12 wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone spoken with a currently enrolled student/alumnus? How is he/she finding the school? How has the school helped him/her reach his/her goals? What are the current avg. salary packages and the % of students getting a job within 3 months of graduating? Can someone share the current stats of the school?

Thanks!


Hi supi,

I have asked the admisison guys to get me in touch with a couple of current students and they said it will take 2 weeks. I will let u know once i get any more update. No offence but you should not be asking basic questions like current avg salary packages and the % of students getting a job within 3 months of graduation. These type of answers you can get in this forum with just a 5 minute search. I know the answers to these questions but I want you to find out.
Anyways, u scored 590 and r u done with the Mason Interview? Admitted? interviewed?


Hi vaggar4, Were you able to get in touch with a current student ?


I think he posted this on page 2
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2014
Posts: 150
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2015, 04:47
undecided123 wrote:
Hi,


I think he posted this on page 2


Yup, my bad... I saw it after posting and then tried to delete my post but was not able to for some reason!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 167
Location: India
GRE 1: Q780 V680
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 11:18
Denied without interview :(
wtf!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT Date: 10-30-2013
GPA: 3.3
WE: Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 12:35
kpsg wrote:
Denied without interview :(
wtf!!


Sorry, any feedback at all?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 167
Location: India
GRE 1: Q780 V680
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 12:39
twodice1 wrote:
kpsg wrote:
Denied without interview :(
wtf!!


Sorry, any feedback at all?

Just a decision letter stating we had a competitive pool of applicants and sorry we can't offer you admission though few days before that I received a mail from Amanda stating that they have put me on waitlist but then this decision letter.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Oct 2014
Posts: 15
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2015, 18:30
Any other results/interview invites ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jun 2012
Posts: 10
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE: Research (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2015, 18:40
adakbapak wrote:
Any other results/interview invites ?

I have interview on 24th Feb
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Oct 2014
Posts: 15
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2015, 03:46
Today is the deposit deadline for R1. Anyone with admit joining/skipping Mason ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2014
Posts: 150
Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2015, 10:54
The Admitted applicants thread can be found at the following link - mason-w-m-class-of-2017-calling-all-admitted-applicants-193600.html#p1488525
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 8
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2015, 03:35
1
I got an admit with scholarship. I received $18k for the first year and $18k spread as scholarship, graduate assistant stipend and out of state fee waiver(if I get a GA) for the second the year. Does anyone know about the feasibility of getting GA in the 2nd year at mason.

I am an international Indian student. Is it advisable to join mason considering the williamsburg location and tough job market for internationals.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT Date: 10-30-2013
GPA: 3.3
WE: Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2015, 08:09
nithinsmart wrote:
I got an admit with scholarship. I received $18k for the first year and $18k spread as scholarship, graduate assistant stipend and out of state fee waiver(if I get a GA) for the second the year. Does anyone know about the feasibility of getting GA in the 2nd year at mason.

I am an international Indian student. Is it advisable to join mason considering the williamsburg location and tough job market for internationals.


Congrats firstly. I don't quite get your point about the 2nd year GA, sounds like you've already got it offered.

Jobs are what you make it, not everyone will get an H1B but I do know of three alums who have gone on to get visas from Blackrock and a couple of consulting firms.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 8
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2015, 10:26
twodice1 wrote:
nithinsmart wrote:
I got an admit with scholarship. I received $18k for the first year and $18k spread as scholarship, graduate assistant stipend and out of state fee waiver(if I get a GA) for the second the year. Does anyone know about the feasibility of getting GA in the 2nd year at mason.

I am an international Indian student. Is it advisable to join mason considering the williamsburg location and tough job market for internationals.


Congrats firstly. I don't quite get your point about the 2nd year GA, sounds like you've already got it offered.

Jobs are what you make it, not everyone will get an H1B but I do know of three alums who have gone on to get visas from Blackrock and a couple of consulting firms.


Thank you !!

It was mentioned that GA is assigned based on match between faculty and administrative needs. That is why I asked about the feasibility of getting a GA assigned.

Since a GA offer is made in my admission letter, I believe I can be sure of getting a GA assigned. Correct me if I am wrong.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT Date: 10-30-2013
GPA: 3.3
WE: Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2015, 10:28
nithinsmart wrote:
twodice1 wrote:
nithinsmart wrote:
I got an admit with scholarship. I received $18k for the first year and $18k spread as scholarship, graduate assistant stipend and out of state fee waiver(if I get a GA) for the second the year. Does anyone know about the feasibility of getting GA in the 2nd year at mason.

I am an international Indian student. Is it advisable to join mason considering the williamsburg location and tough job market for internationals.


Congrats firstly. I don't quite get your point about the 2nd year GA, sounds like you've already got it offered.

Jobs are what you make it, not everyone will get an H1B but I do know of three alums who have gone on to get visas from Blackrock and a couple of consulting firms.


Thank you !!

It was mentioned that GA is assigned based on match between faculty and administrative needs. That is why I asked about the feasibility of getting a GA assigned.

Since a GA offer is made in my admission letter, I believe I can be sure of getting a GA assigned. Correct me if I am wrong.


I'd check with the admission's team just for clarification on that.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jun 2012
Posts: 10
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE: Research (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2015, 00:06
Admitted with $$
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2014
Posts: 150
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2015, 01:24
Admitted with $
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 15 Mar 2015, 01:24

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 104 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne